X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Game notes are up for PC.

Was surprised to see how badly some of our guys have done against the Friars, especially Holmstrom (1 point in 9 career games). Edwards (2-3-5 in 6 games) and Campbell (3-2-5 in 6 games) don't mind the Friars though. Hamilton is 3-0 against PC, with a 96.2% rate and a 1.35 GAA, not that I think he'll start.

Falite's a hat trick away from 50 goals in his Lowell career, and Worthington's 2 points away from 50.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Dwayne Roloson made a career high 58 saves last night for the Islanders as they beat Toronto 4-3 in OT.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Dwayne Roloson made a career high 58 saves last night for the Islanders as they beat Toronto 4-3 in OT.
        I love Roli!! Still a stud at 40. He can't possibly be 40

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I love Roli!! Still a stud at 40. He can't possibly be 40
          To be fair, he blew a 3-0 the Isles had to the Leafs...

Comment

just a heads up that in a few hours we'll have posted the preview of tonight's win over providence and then at 645 or so, we'll start up another liveblog.

the things we do for you people, eh?

Comment

hopefully the boys give another good effort vs. the friars tonight. after reading about the unbeaten streak (5-0-1) on uscho; was wondering if this team played the 04-05 team who went on a stretch of 11-0-3; what the outcome would be. Any thoughts? Predictions? I think this team has more depth than the 04-05 team; although they dont have a go to guy like they did with Ben Walter who time and time again would score the big goal. I think the goaltending is comprable, when Vetri had a good freshman year; however there isnt the 1-2 punch that they have now, where Davidson was the back up. Thought it would be fun to see some thoughts. My call:
              09/10 Team 4 (Vallorani, Holmstrom, Shaus, Wetmore)
              04/05 Team 3 (Walter, Martin, Robins)

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                just a heads up that in a few hours we'll have posted the preview of tonight's win over providence and then at 645 or so, we'll start up another liveblog.

the things we do for you people, eh?
                I enjoy your blog immensely, but I'm still not sending you money.
                Last edited by Jon; 11-24-2009, 12:00 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by UML82 View Post
                  hopefully the boys give another good effort vs. the friars tonight. after reading about the unbeaten streak (5-0-1) on uscho; was wondering if this team played the 04-05 team who went on a stretch of 11-0-3; what the outcome would be. Any thoughts? Predictions? I think this team has more depth than the 04-05 team; although they dont have a go to guy like they did with Ben Walter who time and time again would score the big goal. I think the goaltending is comprable, when Vetri had a good freshman year; however there isnt the 1-2 punch that they have now, where Davidson was the back up. Thought it would be fun to see some thoughts. My call:
                  IMO, depth kills right now. The fact that we can go out there and not say "1-2-3-4" with our lines is big.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UML82 View Post
                    As long as the team stays focus tonight they should be in good shape. Every game in Hockey East is tough and I expect the Friars to be tough. They have already beaten some pretty good teams this season. This is a big game for PC as they can't afford to fall to far behind in the HE standings, granted they do have games at hand on every team.

I would like to see Maury Edwards get going tonight and score a couple. Maybe it's me, but I think he's struggled a bit in the defensive zone this year.

Any line up changes tonight? Maniff, Budd or Cey? Ickert or Corcoran? I think Hutton gets the start. Who's heading down for the game?
                    Last edited by boblav1; 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I would like to see Maury Edwards get going tonight and score a couple. Maybe it's me, but I think he's struggled a bit in the defensive zone this year.

Any line up changes tonight? Maniff, Budd or Cey? Ickert or Corcoran? I think Hutton gets the start. Who's heading down for the game?
                      i don't even think we've seen the same moe offensively, though that's more a product of his being very targeted by defenses this year i imagine.

personally i'd like to see anyone but maniff and ickert over corcoran.

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      I enjoy your blog immensely, but I'm still not sending you money.
                      dude like five bucks! come onnnnnnnnn

Comment

i don't even think we've seen the same moe offensively, though that's more a product of his being very targeted by defenses this year i imagine.
                        Bob was asking about Edwards on the defensive side, and yes ... I actually agree, I don't think he's as sharp as he seemed to be toward the end of last year.

BTW, in regards to Corcoran ... seriously, what's going on with Carr? Has he pretty much been placed as the last d-man on the roster?
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          Bob was asking about Edwards on the defensive side, and yes ... I actually agree, I don't think he's as sharp as he seemed to be toward the end of last year.
                          i am aware. i was saying overall he hasn't been the same.

Comment

i am aware. i was saying overall he hasn't been the same.
                            Gotcha. Hopefully as this team continues to make strides, Edwards finds his game as well, which will just make them so much better.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              BTW, in regards to Corcoran ... seriously, what's going on with Carr? Has he pretty much been placed as the last d-man on the roster?
                              I'm not sure what's going on with Carr, haven't heard anything about him. It can't be a good sign for him when they took the RS off Ickert before he got a chance to play.

Any updates on Barry Goers?

Comment

liveblog is up. get excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X