This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Scott K- the answer to the question is the dashers are controlled completely by the Devils. Thier opener is this weekend. They will be up for that.

As to the game- I am inept at watching (or so I am frequently told ) No one really stuck out this yr like Vallorani did for me last yr. They played well. Lots of yelling to each other on ice. All 3 goalies played. All looked OK. Nevin was still wandering and trying to play the puck . Still using that irritating break out where they shoot it up along the boards and have the guy tip it into the zone.

Oh, and the rink was like the Arctic Circle. BRRRR!! The coldest I have been in there~ evah!

Comment

Lowell ranked 11th in the first USCHO.com/CBS College Sports weekly poll.

Comment

My thoughts a bit later on yesterday's game and the poll, but before I forget, here is the link for the B2 Broadcast of UNO hockey game.

Take a look at the schedule link, either we are playing Army in the championship game or the UNO fan at B2 is talking a lot of smack.

http://www.b2livetv.com/partner_memb...ckey%20Men%27s
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Only 3 more days for Lowell fans to get their season predictions in. C'mon folks, join in.

I'll even buy a beer for the winner (especially if it's me again) at the BeerWorks when Lowell (please please please) hosts its first playoff game in March.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

With the USHL having started up play ... stats for UML recruits through last night ...
            Code:
            Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
            Tyler Brickler      LW   Sioux City (USHL)          5'11  175  01/27/91  0  0  0    0    0
            Julian Melchiori    LD   Newmarket Hurricanes (OJHL) 6'1  180  12/06/91  8  3  7   10    6
            Joe Pendanza        LW   Boston Jr. Bruins (EJHL)   5'10  180  11/22/90  4  3  1    4    0
            Will Rayner         RD   Lincoln Stars (USHL))       6'1  190  01/19/90  2  0  0    0    6
            Shayne Thompson     LW   Brockville Braves (CJHL)   5'11  195  06/13/89 10  7 10   17    8

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  W  L  T  %       GAA
            Marc Boulanger       G   Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)       5'11  165  03/27/90  3  1  2  0 94.1%   1.70
            T.J. Massie          G   Boston Jr Bruins (EJHL)    5'11  165  05/03/90  4  2  1  1 89.9%   3.33

Name                POS  TEAM (League)                HT   WT   DOB     GP  G  A  PTS  PIM
            William Eiserman    LD   NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)     5'11  187  07/21/92  0  0  0    0    0
            Colton Saucerman    RD   Des Moines Bucaneers (USHL) 5'9  170  05/05/92  2  0  0    0    2
            Assumptions being made (not sure on either of this officially) is that Massie is returning to Lowell.

*Thompson's 17 points has him currently tied for eighth in CJHL scoring.
            *Melchiori's 10 points have him tied for fifth amongst all defensemen.
            *Boulanger is third amongst AJHL goalies in GAA.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Only 3 more days for Lowell fans to get their season predictions in. C'mon folks, join in.

I'll even buy a beer for the winner (especially if it's me again) at the BeerWorks when Lowell (please please please) hosts its first playoff game in March.
              Am I allowed to play? If so, I predict UML goes 18-4-5 in Hockey East, which is 41 points and good for the regular season title.

By team
              BU 1-1-1
              BC 2-0-1
              UNH 1-1-1
              MC 3-0-0
              UMass 2-1-0
              UVM 2-0-1
              Maine 2-0-1
              NU 2-1-0
              PC 3-0-0

I'll only be able to claim my prize if Lowell is hosting UMass in the first round.
              #NewMass

Comment

BU - 1-2-0
                BC - 2-1
                UNH - 2-1
                UVM - 2-0-1
                MC - 3-0
                PC - 3-0
                NU - 2-1
                UMass - 2-0-1
                Maine - 3-0-0

20-5-2 1st in Hockey East

42 Points

St. Lawrence - W
                Army/UNO - W/W
                Colgate - W
                UAH - WW
                Princeton - LW
                Holy Cross - W
                Dartmouth/NU - W/W
                Umass Lowell Riverhawks

Comment

My quick review of Sunday's game.

Defense looked very solid and goaltending was excellent. This team is going to be very difficult to score on!

Offense was decent. A lot of shots. Passing wasn't as crisp as I would like, but it was the first game, and an exhibition at that. Was hoping to see a few more goals after UNH ran up 8 goals on Acadia the night before. But that is nit picking.

As a new season ticket holder, I was excited to be at the rink. My little girls had a lot of fun and my oldest was asking a lot of questions about hockey, which was very cool for me! : )

I was slightly disapointed in the crowd size...I know it was an exhibition, but with the season ticket holder lunch and ticket pick-up, I was hoping for more people.....again, I am new, so maybe there just aren't a lot of season ticket holders. As a former UNH season ticket holder, this was like night and day comparing the 2......though I am very anxious to see how the crowd grows this season. I have a good feeling on that. I think I read the average attendance last year was well over 4,000....this year can only get better with the team we have here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennyp33 View Post
                    My quick review of Sunday's game.

Defense looked very solid and goaltending was excellent. This team is going to be very difficult to score on!

Offense was decent. A lot of shots. Passing wasn't as crisp as I would like, but it was the first game, and an exhibition at that. Was hoping to see a few more goals after UNH ran up 8 goals on Acadia the night before. But that is nit picking.

As a new season ticket holder, I was excited to be at the rink. My little girls had a lot of fun and my oldest was asking a lot of questions about hockey, which was very cool for me! : )

I was slightly disapointed in the crowd size...I know it was an exhibition, but with the season ticket holder lunch and ticket pick-up, I was hoping for more people.....again, I am new, so maybe there just aren't a lot of season ticket holders. As a former UNH season ticket holder, this was like night and day comparing the 2......though I am very anxious to see how the crowd grows this season. I have a good feeling on that. I think I read the average attendance last year was well over 4,000....this year can only get better with the team we have here.
                    To be fair, with the end of a thrilling Pats game going on at the same time as the game started ... that probably didn't help with attendance.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      To be fair, with the end of a thrilling Pats game going on at the same time as the game started ... that probably didn't help with attendance.
                      anything's better than hiking up to that place in Nashua

Pats and Sox this time of year really sucks... not that they aren't good things... but that's what the TV monitors are for.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

BU - 1-2-0
                        BC - 2-1
                        UNH - 2-1
                        UVM - 2-0-1
                        MC - 2-1
                        PC - 3-0
                        NU - 1-1-1
                        UMass - 2-0-1
                        Maine - 2-0-1

17-6-4

38 Points

St. Lawrence - W
                        Army/UNO - W/T-SOW
                        Colgate - W
                        UAH - WW
                        Princeton - LW
                        Holy Cross - W
                        Dartmouth/NU - W/T-SOW

I think one of those wins or ties in there will be a loss... but i don't want to be bold enough to say which. Its a fairly weak OOC schedule tough... I'd love to be in there in Lowell to know that the players are mentally tough enough not to overlook opponents.

I'm going to call it at 23-8-5 overall... which if we do as we should means we hit the NCAAs at around 25-10-5 at mediocre (worse meaning a sweep in the 1st round so that's why I'm leaving it at that).

edit: and I hope somebody else collects on that beer but I plan on collecting if my number comes up.
                        Last edited by Patman; 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

BTW, while our men's soccer team is completely disappointing after their high preseason rank (hopefully not a sign of things to come for hockey) ... the women's soccer team deserves a ton of credit. They're now unbeaten for 10 straight, and haven't given up a goal for an astounding 942 minutes (over 10 straight games). They're 9-2-2 and 8-1-1 in league play.
                          Monty

Comment

IMO, pre-season soccer rankings for the NCAA is about as accurate is tea leaves are in determining who you marry and what age you'll live to.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Taken from the York Region newspaper...
                              The Team Canada East roster for the World Jr. A Challenge is to be announced in the next few days. Hurricanes’ candidates at a summer camp held in Richmond Hill in August were defencemen Joel Hanley and Julian Melchiori in addition to Sarjeant and Sumsion. The six-team tournament is Nov. 1 to 8 in Summerside, PEI .
                              Hanley is a UMass recruit, and Melchiori is a Lowell recruit.
                              Monty

Comment

Here is my prediction for this season. I will stick to the overall record without listing each team.

Hockey East record: 17-7-3 Overall: 23-9-4
                                What did you say?
                                Who own the Chiefs?
                                What did he say?
                                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Working...
                                X