• Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

That is sad. Condolences to his family.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Crap ... condolences to his family.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I always remember playing street hockey and and hanging out with him at UML. He will be in my prayers. i hope nothing but the best for his family.

Comment

That just stinks. Thoughts and prayers to his family and all who knew him Wow.
          Just wow.

Comment

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engla...258224366.html

All of the Boston news outlets had something similar. I would at least hope there will be a moment of silence next week to the memory of Ryan before the Merrimack game. Unfortunately, I will be in Chicago.
            Last edited by John_Fuller; 11-15-2009, 12:32 AM.
            - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Back to hockey ... 7-2-1 after 10 games. UVM getting absolutely smoked by BC put a little smile on my face this morning, I have to say. (Almost as big as watching Chicago lose at home last night).

Another weird start time next Saturday ...
              Last edited by UMLFan; 11-15-2009, 09:08 AM.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Congratulations to UML Women's Volleyball, winning the Northeast 10 Tournament for the first time ever. They'll find out who they're playing in the NCAA Tournament tonight.

UML Women's Field Hockey is once again in the National Championship game, being played at Stonehill in three hours... Lowell will be playing Bloombsurg ... again. Go River Hawks, bring home the second UML women's title ever!
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Back to hockey ... 7-2-1 after 10 games. UVM getting absolutely smoked by BC put a little smile on my face this morning, I have to say. (Almost as big as watching Chicago lose at home last night).

Another weird start time next Saturday ...
                  I thought the next off start time was the second Princeton game, no?

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                    I thought the next off start time was the second Princeton game, no?
                    Just looking at the USCHO scoreboard, that's where I got it from. 4pm puck drop. But the River Hawks site shows 7, so never mind.
                    Monty

Comment

UML Women's Field Hockey is once again in the National Championship game, being played at Stonehill in three hours... Lowell will be playing Bloombsurg ... again. Go River Hawks, bring home the second UML women's title ever!
                      Lowell down 2-1 at the half. C'mon UML!
                      Monty

Comment

Lowell down 2-1 at the half. C'mon UML!
                        looked like they were playing fairly well... just caught the bad end of a rush to make it 2-1... suppose its one thing to get down field but another once you get into the circle area.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Lowell loses 3-2 ... Bloomsburg again the national champions.

Great season UML Field Hockey.
                          Monty

Comment

Great job UML field hockey!!! Awesome season!!
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

7-2-1 after 10 games overall. 3-1-1, good for a second place tie in HE, with fewer games played than almost everyone.

Some stats to look at (overall play, not just HE):

UML's 3.7 GF per game and 2.2 GA per game is second best in the league (in both categories).

Lowell currently has the fewest penalty minutes per game at 9.6. A disappointing power play weekend has dropped them to the middle of the pack at 22.0% overall, but on the other side, Lowell's is the best in Hockey East with a 88% kill.

The second period so far is the best for the River Hawks on the offensive side, scoring 11 each in the first and third, and 15 in the second. But on the other side, Lowell has also given up more goals in the second (11) than in the first and third, 5 each.

Have to like having a team that's +6 in goals in the third period.

Individual stats:
                              Hutton (2.16 GAA) and Hamilton (2.20 GAA) are 2nd and 3rd respectively amongst all HE goalies. Hamilton's 92% save rate and Hutton's 91.6% save rate are good for third and fourth respectively.

Nick Schaus (4-6-10), David Vallorani (5-6-10), Scott Campbell (3-7-10) and Kory Falite (5-5-10) are all tied for 10th in the league in points.

Lowell's attendance is good for fifth in the league overall. Not bad at all.

Games against surprising 6-4 Merrimack (at home) and 5-3 Providence (road) along with 4-6 Maine (home) are up next.
                              Monty

Comment

7-2-1 after 10 games overall. 3-1-1, good for a second place tie in HE, with fewer games played than almost everyone.

Some stats to look at (overall play, not just HE):

UML's 3.7 GF per game and 2.2 GA per game is second best in the league (in both categories).

Lowell currently has the fewest penalty minutes per game at 9.6. A disappointing power play weekend has dropped them to the middle of the pack at 22.0% overall, but on the other side, Lowell's is the best in Hockey East with a 88% kill.

The second period so far is the best for the River Hawks on the offensive side, scoring 11 each in the first and third, and 15 in the second. But on the other side, Lowell has also given up more goals in the second (11) than in the first and third, 5 each.

Have to like having a team that's +6 in goals in the third period.

Individual stats:
                                Hutton (2.16 GAA) and Hamilton (2.20 GAA) are 2nd and 3rd respectively amongst all HE goalies. Hamilton's 92% save rate and Hutton's 91.6% save rate are good for third and fourth respectively.

Nick Schaus (4-6-10), David Vallorani (5-6-10), Scott Campbell (3-7-10) and Kory Falite (5-5-10) are all tied for 10th in the league in points.

Lowell's attendance is good for fifth in the league overall. Not bad at all.

Games against surprising 6-4 Merrimack (at home) and 5-3 Providence (road) along with 4-6 Maine (home) are up next.
                                Would love to have the BU loss and UVM tie back as Lowell blew those games IMO.

Can't argue with 7-2-1 but I guess I just did
                                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X