This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Lowell is ranked 5th in this weeks USCHO/CBS college Sports poll. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Comment

Two words, patman: dis. respect.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Lowell is ranked 5th in this weeks USCHO/CBS college Sports poll. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/
        Confused as to how UNH is still getting votes...

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          If you're objecting to what a chant sounds like, you're just looking for crap to which to object
          What is your problem? That's my blog - I didn't post it here. Talk about looking for crap to object to.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

ESPU's website has a video of the highlights now: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4637673
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
              Two words, patman: dis. respect.
              I just call it looking for trouble... frankly I'd rather have her taking pictures of our games than not. Yeah its dumb... its college... a whole lot of them start with "U". I figure she has her personality so we'll leave it there. I think this about 100 on the list of things we have to worry about around here.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

yo dogsie i didn't bring the ruckus to the thread i just commented that the ruckus was stupid and misplaced anger at literally nothing after someone else had the temerity to bring it. it's like if i got upset becase someone said "herder" and that reminded me of "murder" and a family member of mine had been murdered decades ago and therefore i was aggrieved. you're getting upset about something that sounds like it could rhyme with something else.

i can, however, offer to have the school change it's name to more demographically-friendly letters so that the student section's chants don't ping yer ultra-sensitive radar in the future.

or you could act like an adult and deal with it.

either way. i don't wanna tell you how to do yer job.

ps feel free to scour my blog for objectionable material. you will find none because i am a genius with good opinions.
                Last edited by UMLGoon; 11-09-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

side tracking into something slightly more relevant than the alphabet...

UML is now #5 in the USCHO poll...

UML, UVM, and UMass are in the top 15 (personally I go by 15 because going to 20 is stupid)... I can't remember the last time BU, BC, UNH, and Maine were all sitting outside of the top 15 or even the top 10. Getting to be a little strange around here.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    ok, it seems like a quirky aside but is this really worth getting worked up over?
                    I say RIVER you say HAWKS
                    I say RED you say BLUE
                    I say NUMBER you say ONE

I can't take credit for this, it was a UML basketball game chant from the late 90's.

I really could care less about how one person's view of our chanting. That's sort of like discussing who started the sieve chant

Things must be going very good for us or very bad for someone else if we're talking about things like this. I have "five" reasons to be happy today...get it "five".....
                    - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

According to the UML site, Nick Schaus was named Co-Hockey East Player of the Week. Hockey East has yet to update their site.

Comment

Don't see this posted, but if you'd like to see the highlights of the UNH game...

Also, please don't forget to vote for the POTG.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          I can't remember the last time BU, BC, UNH, and Maine were all sitting outside of the top 15 or even the top 10. Getting to be a little strange around here.
                          Agreed. And when was the last time there were only three HE teams in the top 15? (And only ONE in the Top 10????)
                          Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            What is your problem? That's my blog - I didn't post it here. Talk about looking for crap to object to.
                            How about Our-Team, Our-Time, for a chant? Wah hoo!

Comment

dear god i hope that chant doesn't catch on

Comment

Whats with the "357" in the USA today rank listing?

Comment

Working...
                                X