This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

Anybody get word on how long Goers is going to be out for? (Forgive me if this was mentioned already in another post).
    "We are all River Hawks"

Comment

Originally posted by UMLKLB View Post
      Anybody get word on how long Goers is going to be out for? (Forgive me if this was mentioned already in another post).
      I've heard anything from 2-4 weeks to 4-6 weeks.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I've heard anything from 2-4 weeks to 4-6 weeks.
        I don't know about anyone else but from what I saw on defense last night, this team really missed Barry Goers.
        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
          I don't know about anyone else but from what I saw on defense last night, this team really missed Barry Goers.
          +1 on that. Blair was awful, Corcoran seems tiny and is definitely inexperienced. Probably the biggest opportunity to improve from last night is the D.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
            Corcoran seems tiny
            i don't even know what this could mean. he's 6'1, 190. second biggest defenseman on the team besides blair

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
              i don't even know what this could mean. he's 6'1, 190. second biggest defenseman on the team besides blair
              I got it. He is not a presence on the ice. He needs to find some confidence. He reminds me of when Maury used to panic all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I got it. He is not a presence on the ice. He needs to find some confidence. He reminds me of when Maury used to panic all the time.
                I don't know if I saw Corcoran next to Blair only or what, but the impression I had after seeing him last night was that he was 5'9" or so. So probably a combination of both your opinions...lack of confidence on his part, bad perception on mine. *shrugs*
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

+1 on that. Blair was awful, Corcoran seems tiny and is definitely inexperienced. Probably the biggest opportunity to improve from last night is the D.
                  Blair needs to move the puck quicker. At times he tends to hold it to long which results in a turn over. For a big man, he seems to get knocked off the puck a lot. Corcoran need more ice time.

Vermont had a good game plan last night and really put pressure on the defensemen. The D had very little time to make plays before a Vermont player was on top of them.

Any lineup changes for the UNH game? Cey for Maniff? Hamilton or Hutton?
                  I would love to see Falite score a goal. Big game, UNH can score so the defense will need to be solid.

Comment

Off Topic:
                    Monty, I know you love soccer, have you seen this yet? http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/1...r-plays-dirty/

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Any lineup changes for the UNH game? Cey for Maniff? Hamilton or Hutton?
                      My gut says Hamilton but hoping Hutton. I don't really see any other changes, save for maybe rotating in another inexperienced d-man.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

My gut says Hamilton but hoping Hutton. I don't really see any other changes, save for maybe rotating in another inexperienced d-man.
                        I don't see why Blaise wouldn't continue the rotation of the goalies. I'd fully expect to see Hutton.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          I don't see why Blaise wouldn't continue the rotation of the goalies. I'd fully expect to see Hutton.
                          Well, it hasn't been a perfect rotation, which is why I phrased it like I did. I believe (not bothering to check box scores) that Friday was Hamilton's second start in a row, after Hutton's game v BU with that soft goal.
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Well, it hasn't been a perfect rotation, which is why I phrased it like I did. I believe (not bothering to check box scores) that Friday was Hamilton's second start in a row, after Hutton's game v BU with that soft goal.
                            eh, unless Hamilton is on fire i don't see why one softy ruins a start for Hutton.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It's not a one plays friday, one plays saturday rotation, they will each play once each weekend (with the exception of the first weekend at the Ice Breaker)

Comment

Despite Lowell sleepwalking for most of the first and spotting UNH a goal, the 'Hawks come away with a nice victory after running a clinic on the Wildcats in the third.

Lowell's PP is firing on all cylinders, but it has to be said how utterly dreadful the UNH PK is. Wow.

Two games Lowell needs to take next week as they travel to the southern D1 boundary for the return trip to Ala-Huntsville. No letdowns guys.
                                Lowell Forever
                                Forever Lowell

Comment

Working...
                                X