This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

What was the average home attendance last year? I think I read somewhere it was around 4,600.

So far this year the attendance has been:

Colgate: 5619 (Friday 7PM)
    NU: 4049 (Saturday 5PM)
    BU: 5496 (Friday 7PM)

Avg: 5054

That's impressive but the schedule makers didn't do us any favours with Sundays 5PM start, the 11/21 game against Merrimack and the 11/27 game against Maine.

Even though the Mack has been playing well this season they never draw well and playing Maine the day after Thanksgiving is going to hurt.

I'm hoping the crowds are good for the 12/5 UMass game and the Princeton games on 12/11 and 12/12.

After the first couple of games the 2010 portion of the home schedule looks promising.

1/16 (Sat): UMass
    1/22 (Fri): Merrimack
    1/23 (Sat): BC
    2/5 (Fri): BU
    2/12 (Fri): BC
    2/26 (Fri): Providence
    3/5 & 3/6 (Fri/Sat): UVM
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
      What was the average home attendance last year? I think I read somewhere it was around 4,600.
      It was just over 4400 IIRC
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Maine used to be a good draw. Now they all have their belts and shoelaces taken away. Not a lone voice that remains fanatical

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Maine used to be a good draw. Now they all have their belts and shoelaces taken away. Not a lone voice that remains fanatical
          I was surprised by how few BU fans travelled last weekend as well. I'm curious (even though I won't be there) to see how many UNH fans make the trek down.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

A lot of the schools that used to be uber-strong have faltered a bit lately. Interesting to see how many bandwagon fans will be disappearing.

Comment

Every school goes through a downswing though unlike Maine it's rarely perpetual. In this decade BU has finished 8th... So has Minnesota and Wisconsin ended up in 9th. The bigger things has been the upswing of Miami and Notre Dame over multiple seasons... This year is making things interesting but it is still early. Let's revisit this mid-January
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Every school goes through a downswing though unlike Maine it's rarely perpetual. In this decade BU has finished 8th... So has Minnesota and Wisconsin ended up in 9th. The bigger things has been the upswing of Miami and Notre Dame over multiple seasons... This year is making things interesting but it is still early. Let's revisit this mid-January
                Not saying everyone will tank but I have been around for 25 yrs (some of which I was blissfully ignorant) and I don't recall Maine ever not having rabid fans, the other 'big ones' not coming out of the gate anhialating everyone. There is so much more parity. Just wondering if the bandwagoners who follow some of the schools that were traditionally always winning will stay when they actually have to have ups and downs. Not a comment on the teams themselves but more on fan perception.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Just wondering if the bandwagoners who follow some of the schools that were traditionally always winning will stay when they actually have to have ups and downs. Not a comment on the teams themselves but more on fan perception.
                  In the last couple years, in spite of having a nice long streak of 20 win seasons, I believe UNH has found the answer to be 'no'. Considering the perennial success of the program, I found this to be puzzling.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Off topic: I hope some UML fans can make it down to UConn for the basketball game Sunday. The UMass Lowell Men's Basketball 6th Man Club will host the Hawk-Husky Reception prior to the game.
                    http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...102709aac.html

Hopefully the Hawks can follow Le Moynes lead.
                    http://www.northeast10.org/sports/mb...EM-SyracuseWin

Comment

Coach MacDonald to Appear on Hockey On Campus at 8 p.m. Tonight.
                      http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...110409aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Reminder - UMass Lowell Hockey Prime Time Radio Show on WUML 91.5 FM (6:00-7:00p.m) is tonight.
                        There was some discussion about recruiting last night on the show. It sounds like there's been a lot of activity lately with potential recruits attending some of the games as well making official visits to the university. Hopefully some of them will commit.

Comment

There was some discussion about recruiting last night on the show. It sounds like there's been a lot of activity lately with potential recruits attending some of the games as well making official visits to the university. Hopefully some of them will commit.
                          My eyes just lit up.

It would be nice if they'd archive that show for a week or two.
                          Last edited by UMLFan; 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That didn't take long. The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit for 2010, a defenseman.

Chad Ruhwedel-RD Sioux Falls (USHL) 5'11 170, 5-7-90

Comment

That didn't take long. The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit for 2010, a defenseman.

Chad Ruhwedel-RD Sioux Falls (USHL) 5'11 170, 5-7-90
                              Hockeydb (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...RUE&pid=116566) tells me he hasn't been very productive offensively in the USHL, looks like another recruit that'll shore up the D.

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                                Hockeydb (http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...RUE&pid=116566) tells me he hasn't been very productive offensively in the USHL, looks like another recruit that'll shore up the D.
                                From San Diego, California. Has Lowell had a player from California before? I can't think of one at the moment.

http://www.sfstampede.com/index.php?...emid=83&rid=10
                                Last edited by boblav1; 11-04-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X