This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML '09/'10 Season Thread

part of the "just go find a section together" is that silly club area. those are blocked off, but usually always empty or barely used during the game.

and honestly, those seats behind the goal and net are great for GA type seating.

-- i of course, being a surly old fart, always live by the "READ YOUR TICKET AND SIT IN YOUR F'' ING SEAT!" credo. the way to get around that is to have designated GA sections and let those people find enough seats that you need and have fun.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      ..... That is homer advantage. We don't have it.
      that is crazy!!

BU/HAA absolute takes care of the people that pay for the product. if "term limits" meehan was my pres he'd be getting a call monday morning.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        part of the "just go find a section together" is that silly club area. those are blocked off, but usually always empty or barely used during the game.

and honestly, those seats behind the goal and net are great for GA type seating.

-- i of course, being a surly old fart, always live by the "READ YOUR TICKET AND SIT IN YOUR F'' ING SEAT!" credo. the way to get around that is to have designated GA sections and let those people find enough seats that you need and have fun.
        This is a good idea.

Comment

i'm sure there are very few season ticket holders in next section, the arena seems to hold those for group sales. Last year that was where the NU guys gathered. They even removed the tarp just before the game started for a kids team group, and then they had to move too because X was all standing the whole game. Maybe we could just get rid of the tarps now.

For some reason X doesnt get an usher to keep people from coming down during play either. Yet four are standing in the "club" section to keep the unwashed from wandering up into the beautiful people section.

On the other hand...
          Nice to see the freshmen contributing so much so early! Gonna be a great season.

Comment

While it's not in the Sun yet, I've been told that the deal for the Tsongas has been finalized.

Aside from the sellout against Dartmouth for Opening Night of the arena, the 5619 against Colgate is our largest attendance for a non-conference game by a large margin. The previous best was 3429 against Clarkson in December, 2004.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              While it's not in the Sun yet, I've been told that the deal for the Tsongas has been finalized.
              yeah i got a ton of details over the weekend. more on the blog today

e: and it's up
              Last edited by UMLGoon; 10-26-2009, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Lowell climbed from 13 to 9 in the USCHO poll.

Also, strangely enough, all HE teams but Maine got at least a vote in this week's poll.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Also, strangely enough, all HE teams but Maine got at least a vote in this week's poll.
                  There's nothing strange about it. Maine is disgustingly bad.
                  Sons of old Massachusetts,
                  Devoted daughters true,
                  Bay State, old Bay State,
                  We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Lowell climbed from 13 to 9 in the USCHO poll.

And they climbed from 12 to 8 in the USAToday poll. Only 6 HE teams got votes there.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                      yeah i got a ton of details over the weekend. more on the blog today

e: and it's up
                      That's great news. I'm especially excited for the new jumbotron and the relocation of the press box.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

..yeah.. now if i miss that blimp flying right in front of my face, i can always catch the suttle details on the 'tron
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

maybe they'll even put up fun trivia, like who leads Lowell in points all-time, or how to correctly spell "subtle"

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            That's great news. I'm especially excited for the new jumbotron and the relocation of the press box.
                            The jumbotron will actually be pretty cool to have. I'm hearing for 2010/2011 season?
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                              maybe they'll even put up fun trivia, like who leads Lowell in points all-time, or how to correctly spell "subtle"
                              ..c'mon suttle details or do you need a 'tron to catch that .. Hey maybe they could put up petty crime statistics & play trivia 'who dunnit' .. someone in the crowd ought to have the answer

(kidding aside, i am happy the U gets more control over the facility. I really liked Paul Tsongas and had a chance to meet him twice. It is fitting the place be used to its full potential. What is it like 10 years old.. right? The screen will fit right in with hockey, shows & all the other events there. Will make it somewhat like Agganis which is a nice facility. Happy for Lowell & the fans especially.. you buy like 2 tix, then with food & a couple beers its easily $100. The 'tron will enhance the facility's entertainment appeal for sure. G'luck).
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If people were wondering, the count of students who attended the home opener against Colgate was 1601. It more than doubled the previous record of student attendance.

Comment

Working...
                                X