Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA 2010-'11 through '14-'15 "rival pairs" announced

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    yeah yeah, CC CU DU whatever! blame alzheimers. or wine. I've been to many games at CC and the arena always seems half full to me. but I know what you're going to say ... because they were playing Tech. Plan to test that theory out in a few weeks.
    For you.......it will be half empty.
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      It is better to have dusty banners then none at all. Right?
      The Participation banner isn't that old is it?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
        For you.......it will be half empty.
        It was pretty sad that it was half empty when I saw it....since it was the WCHA playoffs. Or perhaps the more realistic CC fans realized that CC wasn't that good and would get beaten by Tech. By the way, Colorado Springs was easily the most boring town to drink in/night life in the entire conference.

I don't like the NHC, to me it never had any character, it is just a box of concrete that was nothing special. IMO the ralph and mariucci are the best and won't be touched anytime soon. I really don't think people realize how much of an improvement has been done in MacInnes in the last 2 years.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          It was pretty sad that it was half empty when I saw it....since it was the WCHA playoffs. Or perhaps the more realistic CC fans realized that CC wasn't that good and would get beaten by Tech. By the way, Colorado Springs was easily the most boring town to drink in/night life in the entire conference.

I don't like the NHC, to me it never had any character, it is just a box of concrete that was nothing special. IMO the ralph and mariucci are the best and won't be touched anytime soon. I really don't think people realize how much of an improvement has been done in MacInnes in the last 2 years.
          The Springs is fun, if you know where to go. Of course, I dunno how close to the arena those places that are fun are, since I was never there during CC's season.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            The Springs is fun, if you know where to go. Of course, I dunno how close to the arena those places that are fun are, since I was never there during CC's season.
            The highlight of our trip, other than kicking CC's ***, is taking pictures of tDarkness spooning the ****ter after slamming a fifth of vanilla rum.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'll admit that I haven't been to MacInnes in several years (early to mid '90's when I saw a couple MTU/NMU games), but it definatly has more character than the NHC. Now, I was just looking at the 2010-'11 BSU schedule again, and I see the Beavers will be at Tech in early February (2/11-12/11)... Could they get lucky enough to be the Winter Carnival opponent in year 1 of the 12-team WCHA? Either way, I think that may warrant a return trip to Houghton...
              Last edited by moose97; 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM.
              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
              ECAC:
              HEA: UMass
              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Does anyone know the clusters for next year other than the grouping of SCSU, UND, Omaha, and Bemidji?
                In the past, Minnesota, Mankato, and St. Cloud played home and home series when they only played each other 2 games a year. Will this continue with the new schedule, or will it only be played at one site?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  The Participation banner isn't that old is it?
                  Too bad you will have to get rid of all yours, since they have that racist mascot on them, and it is going to be banned.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    Too bad you will have to get rid of all yours, since they have that racist mascot on them, and it is going to be banned.
                    How many times do we have to tell you? It's a racist logo you stupid dickweasel.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2010-'11 through '14-'15 "rival pairs" announced

the Mac sells pickled eggs. need I say more? I'd love to get it back to the "snakepit" days.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

We don't have participation banners...

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

We don't have participation banners...
                          no, but they all have a really ugly sue head on them. Just think of the fits of anger the sugar beet farmers will have when you replace them with a flickertail.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

no, but they all have a really ugly sue head on them. Just think of the fits of anger the sugar beet farmers will have when you replace them with a flickertail.
                            I have been told by many attractive women (Gopher fans, even) that the Sioux logo is quite striking and they would love to bear his children...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Looks like the "cluster pair" format won't be around for long.

The WCHA is discussing going to a 22 game schedule, so each program will play a two game series against each team in the conference.

Sounds like the changes are being brought about by the Big Ten Network. Needless to say this is going to far reaching ramifications for many programs.

I spoke with Steve Cobb last night and he told me that the issue of a future 22 game conference schedule was/is "on the table". A brief discsussion revealed one very surprising WCHA member that isn't currently in favor of such a change. In any case, I'll just say that the issue isn't likely to go away and certain television pressures may increase the chances for it to happen. Going to a 22 game conference schedule after UNO and Bemidji join would be a very positive change for the UAA program.
                              Last edited by dggoddard; 10-05-2009, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                                Looks like the "cluster pair" format won't be around for long.

The WCHA is discussing going to a 22 game schedule, so each program will play a two game series against each team in the conference.

Sounds like the changes are being brought about by the Big Ten Network. Needless to say this is going to far reaching ramifications for many programs.
                                So, would the point of that be to open up more non-conference scheduling? Is the rest of the NCAA going to do that? And why the hell is the Big 10 dictating NCAA hockey policy?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X