X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll

Interesting, to say the least...

-----------------

The 15th annual USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Poll is conducted each week in conjunction with the American Hockey Coaches Association. The poll includes input from coaches and journalists representing each of the six NCAA Division I ice hockey conferences, as well as composite votes from officers of the American Hockey Coaches Association and USA Hockey Magazine, the official publication of USA Hockey.

September 28 , 2009

No. Team (First-place votes) Points
    1. Miami (4) 457
    2. Denver (13) 455
    3. Boston University (12) 438
    4. Michigan 384
    5. Notre Dame (5) 370
    6. Minnesota 270
    7. Cornell 254
    8. North Dakota 227
    9. Princeton 223
    10. UMass Lowell 175
    11. Yale 149
    12. Boston College 117
    13. St. Cloud State 106
    14. Wisconsin 80
    15. Vermont 73

Also receiving votes: New Hampshire 71, Minnesota Duluth 64, Ohio State 60, Air Force 43, Northern Michigan 31, Colorado College 8, Northeastern 8, Bemidji State 6, Harvard 3, Mercyhurst 3, Niagara 3, St. Lawrence 2.

Re: USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Poll

There's Minnesota in the top 10 again. When will these pollsters ever learn?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
      Interesting, to say the least...

-----------------

The 15th annual USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine Men's College Hockey Poll is conducted each week in conjunction with the American Hockey Coaches Association. The poll includes input from coaches and journalists representing each of the six NCAA Division I ice hockey conferences, as well as composite votes from officers of the American Hockey Coaches Association and USA Hockey Magazine, the official publication of USA Hockey.

September 28 , 2009

No. Team (First-place votes) Points
      1. Miami (4) 457
      2. Denver (13) 455
      3. Boston University (12) 438
      4. Michigan 384
      5. Notre Dame (5) 370
      6. Minnesota 270
      7. Cornell 254
      8. North Dakota 227
      9. Princeton 223
      10. UMass Lowell 175
      11. Yale 149
      12. Boston College 117
      13. St. Cloud State 106
      14. Wisconsin 80
      15. Vermont 73

Also receiving votes: New Hampshire 71, Minnesota Duluth 64, Ohio State 60, Air Force 43, Northern Michigan 31, Colorado College 8, Northeastern 8, Bemidji State 6, Harvard 3, Mercyhurst 3, Niagara 3, St. Lawrence 2.
      3 EZAC teams in the top 15, and only 5 WCHA teams?!? Eastern BIAS!!!!Eleventyone1!!!

Comment

Dang Poles!
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Not understanding Lowell above BC, UNH, and Vermont. If they ended finishing above one of those teams this year I think they'd be thrilled.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Not understanding Lowell above BC, UNH, and Vermont. If they ended finishing above one of those teams this year I think they'd be thrilled.
            your coach will be voting them #1 in the preseason HEA poll.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sure, I'll bite.

They lose just three players to graduation. They have one of the best defenses in the country, led by All American Maury Edwards. They have two proven goaltenders.

BC, UNH and Vermont all lost a lot of talent to graduation. Lowell owned Vermont last when they had Hobey candidate Viktor Stalberg, I don't see any evidence to make me believe that that status quo won't be maintained. BC finished 6th last year and start the season with Muse out for (most of?) the first half.

I don't understand other HE fans not seeing the obvious. Maybe when the coaches poll comes out and Lowell is 1-2 (probably second, BU national title and all) they'll get the picture.
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                Sure, I'll bite.

They lose just three players to graduation. They have one of the best defenses in the country, led by All American Maury Edwards. They have two proven goaltenders.

BC, UNH and Vermont all lost a lot of talent to graduation. Lowell owned Vermont last when they had Hobey candidate Viktor Stalberg, I don't see any evidence to make me believe that that status quo won't be maintained. BC finished 6th last year and start the season with Muse out for (most of?) the first half.

I don't understand other HE fans not seeing the obvious. Maybe when the coaches poll comes out and Lowell is 1-2 (probably second, BU national title and all) they'll get the picture.

yeah, but BC has Whitney... he was awesome last year, and

Lowell has only Falite, who cannot skate or score and
                Holmstrom who plays like a little girl... never competes, plays hard, hits or looks like he wants to win

(If Jimmy Hayes starts playing the way I think he is capable of playing, I will sing a different tune, but as of now... Lowell should be FAR superior to BC... Hutton and Hamilton together and are better than Muse, in my opinion)

Comment

It's the 11 players they have that are 23+.....at some point they will outplay the under 20's. This would appear to be that year.

Comment

Sure, I'll bite.

And last year has what to do with this pole? If status quo is is maintained we can look for UML to finish behind UVM and UNH again?

Comment

Sure, I'll bite.

Agree, as a BU fan, UML scares me more than any other Hockey East team starting the season.
                      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Can someone explain to me what all the points mean? Like how do they figure votes into points? This is something that doesn't make much sense to me.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Can someone explain to me what all the points mean? Like how do they figure votes into points? This is something that doesn't make much sense to me.
                          1st place = 15 points
                          2nd place = 14 points
                          3rd place = 13 points
                          4th place = 12 points
                          5th place = 11 points
                          6th place = 10 points
                          7th place = 9 points
                          8th place = 8 points
                          9th place = 7 points
                          10th place = 6 points
                          11th place = 5 points
                          12th place = 4 points
                          13th place = 3 points
                          14th place = 2 points
                          15th place = 1 point

I hope that makes more sense now.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            This guy is going to graduate soon. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              This guy is going to graduate soon. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
                              This is why I am a history guy. Math is not my thing. You should know too!
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X