Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Ladies and gentlemen...It's that time of the year again. Can you smell it? No, it's not the fumes coming from the G.E. Factory in Schenectady...I smell a sweet, sweet aroma: IT'S UNION COLLEGE HOCKEY back again for the 2009-2010 season.

On March 15th, 2009, Union was just one game away from the semi-finals of the ECAC tournament in Albany. However, after a rough start to the game, Princeton went on to defeat our Dutchmen 3-1. However, it is now six months and 13 days later and the Dutchmen are ready to once again try to achieve that goal!!!

With Schreiber, Wakita, Matheson, Walters, Cain, Pallos, Buote, Trabucco, Shaffer, Zajac, Simpson, Simpson, Lareau, Christianson, Boileau, Ekstrom, Yanovitch, Prez, Milan, Kinkaid, and Sillery leading the way, Albany is within reach. We won our first playoff series last year. I am happy with that accomplishment but I'm hungry for more.

UNION COLLEGE HOCKEY 2009-2010: ALBANY OR BUST!!!

Here is the schedule:

10/3 vs. Garnet and White Game - 6:30pm (just five days away!)
    10/9 vs. U of Maine - 7pm
    10/10 vs. U of Maine - 7pm
    10/16 @ St. Cloud State - 8pm
    10/17 @ St. Cloud State - 6pm
    10/23 vs. AIC- 7pm
    10/24 vs. Sacred Heart - 7pm
    10/30 vs. RPI - 7pm
    11/6 vs. Brown* - 7pm
    11/7 vs Yale* - 7pm
    11/13 @ St. Lawrence* - 7pm
    11/14 @ Clarkson* - 7pm
    11/27 vs. Lake Superior^ - TBA
    11/28 vs. TBA^ - TBA
    12/4 vs. Colgate* - 7pm
    12/5 vs. Cornell* - 7pm
    12/9 @ RPI* - 7pm
    12/11 vs. US U-18 Team - 7pm
    12/29 vs. UMass# - TBA
    12/30 vs. TBA# - TBA
    1/2 @ Army - 7pm
    1/8 @ Princeton* - 7pm
    1/9 @ Quinnipiac* - 7pm
    1/16 vs. RPI* - 7pm
    1/22 vs. Harvard* - 7pm
    1/23 vs. Dartmouth* - 7pm
    1/29 @ Yale* - 7pm
    1/30@ Brown* - 7pm
    2/5 vs. Clarkson* - 7pm
    2/6 vs. St. Lawrence* - 7pm
    2/12 @ Dartmouth* - 7pm
    2/13 @ Harvard* - 7pm
    2/19 vs. Princeton* - 7pm
    2/20 vs. Quinnipiac* - 7pm
    2/26 @ Cornell* - 7pm
    2/27 @ Colgate* - 7pm

* ECAC game
    ^ RPI Tournament
    # UConn Tournament

This season is special for me. For the last three years, I have been cheering on my Dutchmen at pretty much every home game and occasionally on the road as well. Now that I am a senior, I want to take the student section to a completely new level. In fact, I want ALL of Messachilles to be loud and to cheer on our UNION COLLEGE DUTCHMEN all season long!!!

LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA
    Last edited by UnionHockeyManiac; 10-08-2009, 02:48 AM.

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen...It's that time of the year again. Can you smell it? No, it's not the fumes coming from the G.E. Factory in Schenectady...IT'S UNION COLLEGE HOCKEY back again for the 2009-2010 season.
    Are you saying we're going to stink this season?

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Well if Union wants to get to Albany, they'd better do it this year because starting in 2011, the tournament is moving to Atlantic City. Are they serious?

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-1...C_Announcement

Comment

It looks like I have too much time on my hands, 3 posts in a row. Anyway, INCH has Keith Kinkaid as the highest ranking incoming ECAC goalie, and no. 5 in the US.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...sgoal_0801.htm

Comment

I have heard such great things about Keith, I can't wait to see him in action! I am curious to see how the time is handled between him and Milan...

Comment

Thanks to the MANIAC for starting this thread and couldn't agree more.. its high time for Union fans to EXPECT to make it to Albany! (or AC in the future I guess.. sheesh ) I'm certainly hoping for big things this season!

Also agree that the emergence of Milan or Kinkaid as a shutdown goalie will be one of the keys to the team's success this season, especially with all the inexperience on defense. I would expect Kinkaid to get a chance early in the season against either Maine or St. Cloud so the coaches can see what he's got. Still feel that U hasn't had a bigtime tender since Mayotte graduated and I know the coaches have targeted this as an area that needs improvement.

And kudo's to Dan Greene's blog and a nice pre-season evaluation of the team. He makes a very good point about the loss of offense from last year's d-men with the graduation of Caffaro and Milnamow. I would certainly expect Schreiber's numbers to go up this season, as he will definitely be on the 1st PP unit, but will need a couple of the other d-men to contribute too. Having several d-men that can man the point on the PP is important, as you don't have to juggle lines to put an extra forward back there (not to mention the risk of having a forward skating backwards as a defenseman). Last year's team had that luxury and it helped the PP.

Can't wait for the season to start.. kinda unbelievable to me that Maine is coming to Messa.. and then a very hard road trip to St. Cloud who is freaking loaded this season.. should be exciting!! Gooooooooooooooo U!!!!
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Are you saying we're going to stink this season?
              No! That came out terribly...I just made a feeble editing attempt.

Comment

No! That came out terribly...I just made a feeble editing attempt.
                No worries, I was trying (and obviously failed) to be amusing.

Comment

Notice that the #1 and #2 I belive recruited goalies Union could face in the coming weeks.
                  Let's go Dutch
                  Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

INCH's preseason power ratings have U at No. 27 out of 58.

"We think Union will learn from last year’s close losses and turn them into wins, and a strong corps of veteran forwards matches up favorably with every other group in the league." Whatever.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5...eat58_0801.htm

Comment

problem is that comes from INCH...typically not a very good source

Comment

Busy day at the College

Football vs. WPI at 6:00pm
                        Garnet and White game at 6:30pm
                        Let's go Dutch
                        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Hockey season is finally here! Garnet and White game at 6:30! See you all there.

Comment

Did anyone here go to the Garnet and White game? I was LITERALLY the only one in the student section. Stood the whole time, just to warm up for the season.

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Did anyone here go to the Garnet and White game? I was LITERALLY the only one in the student section. Stood the whole time, just to warm up for the season.
                              Spouse and I were there on the other side of the rink. I saw you as we were coming in - you were getting your "7th Player" t-shirt. Didn't connect at the time that it was you. It was a dead giveaway that you were the only student there.

I'm excited for next Friday. Wonder if we'll see Kinkaid play right away - I hope so. He's quick. Can't figure out how he missed the first three shots of the shoot-out.
                              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Working...
                              X