Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Maniac, it's driving me nuts, aren't you missing a DA?

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      Let's go Union - Clap, Clap, ClapClapClap
      Let's go Union - Da, Da, DaDaDa

I don't think so.

Anyway, GREAT game tonight. Awesome to sweep Maine to open up the season. Team looks like they know what they're doing out there.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I agree, it should be 3 longs and then 3 shorts.

da, da, da, dadada.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFXiDIRL_lE

I'm a Mets fan but you get the point. Five claps.

1. DA 2. DA 3.DA4.DA5.DA

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Congrats on a resounding sweep to start the year.

Good luck the rest of the way. If you keep this up against the rest of the league, maybe we can stay out of our league's doghouse when PWR are announced.
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Congrats to U for completing the sweep. With RPI whacking UNH 3-1, Hockey East heads home to lick it wounds! Yee haa.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Congrats to U for completing the sweep. With RPI whacking UNH 3-1, Hockey East heads home to lick it wounds! Yee haa.
                Who knows, maybe the Capital District Championship will mean something outside of Schenectady and Troy this season?

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted yet but if not, here is Inside Hockey's preview of the ECAC. It was posted on their website on October 9th.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../ecachpreview/

They said that Union will be the breakout team and they picked us to finish 5th behind Cornell, Princeton, Yale, and Harvard.

"Don’t be fooled by last year’s eighth-place finish or sub-.500 league record. Union was a team that nobody wanted to play and earned a reputation for being one of the tougher teams in the league to play against. Close games went their way, as the Dutchmen were 7-4-0 in those 11 contests but just 3-5-0 in eight games when holding their opponents under 20 shots on goal. If you flip that record, Union’s overall record would have been 21-15-3 and they would have been in the conversation for an NCAA Tournament berth. A quarterfinal series loss at Princeton led Tigers’ coach Guy Gadowsky to praise the Dutchmen one week later at the league’s championship weekend. Union returns its top four scorers and touted goaltending recruit Keith Kincaid to tandem with junior netminder Corey Milan, who set a school record with 19 wins in goal one year ago."

"5. Union
                  Union has been playing the style and type of game that coach Nate Leaman desires, but the results haven’t reflected just how well things are going. The next step is making those good efforts turn into good results, and they’ll take that step this year."

Good stuff.

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for turning the Maine threads into such a humorous read. You'd think from their posters that they were just destroyed by SUNY Morrisville. Let them think what they want about our "glorified D-3 schools". Congrats on the sweep.

Here's hoping both CD teams continue to put the screws to the OOC competition.
                    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post

Here's hoping both CD teams continue to put the screws to the OOC competition.
                      Yes indeed, preferably this coming weekend...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Wow! What a great weekend. Almost don't know where to start. The freshmen looked amazingly good and the returnees all looked better or at least as good as last season. Not exactly sure what to make of Maine, as they looked surprisingly outclassed last night - the stuff on the Maine threads are calling for the coaches head and maybe they are right - don't know what he was thinking playing Wilson in goal both nights..

Great to see the offensive depth on this team. Big Simpson looks like he could be ready for a breakout year - supposedly put on some weight & strength in the offseason. Bodie & little Simpson both looked as good as advertised and Welsh is really a revelation - that kid has amazing wheels for his size and a really quick release on his shot. Bottom line is you add in Walters, Prez, MVT, Zajak, Boileau, etc. and there is scoring depth right down to the fourth line. Amazing!

The youngsters on the d-corps also looked good. White is very talented and Coburn looked poised for a freshman. The D mostly kept things simple and the forwards helped a lot getting back, but there is some good potential there. Milan was steady in goal, though a little surprised didn't see Kinkaid Saturday. The PK was suprisingly good too - loved all the shot blocking!

Next weekend though will be a MUCH sterner test. SCSU will definitely put a lot more pressure on Union's D-corp and I think we will really see what we've got. Also have to say I still have doubts in goal with Milan - when I see him have 7-8 great games in a row, I'll start believing. But hopefully this weekend will give the boys the confidence to overcome playing in a hostile enviro out in Minnesota.
                        UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          Just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for turning the Maine threads into such a humorous read. You'd think from their posters that they were just destroyed by SUNY Morrisville. Let them think what they want about our "glorified D-3 schools".
                          Gimme a break. Do you want a cookie?

Comment

Who knows, maybe the Capital District Championship will mean something outside of Schenectady and Troy this season?
                            It's too early in the season to start thinking crazy thoughts, but I would laugh a lot if Union and RPI make it to Albany this year and attendance goes through the roof just to cram it in the ECAC's rear-end for picking up stakes and moving to the really poor man's Las Vegas.

I was at the Friday night game and the one thing Union fans can never be disappointed in is the effort put forth by the team. The motor never stops running for this team. I may not enjoy seeing the use of the neutral zone trap, but if Union plays the way they did on Friday night every game (and I can only assume it was more of the same on Saturday given the results) they're going to make life miserable for everyone they play this year.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                              It's too early in the season to start thinking crazy thoughts, but I would laugh a lot if Union and RPI make it to Albany this year and attendance goes through the roof just to cram it in the ECAC's rear-end for picking up stakes and moving to the really poor man's Las Vegas.
                              That almost makes me want to root for Union.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph and GLM-

How do you guys get the pictures under your usernames??

Comment

Working...
                                X