Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I didn't see either game this weekend but at least based on the boxscores and to paraphrase what the coach has said on many occasions, you have to look to your top players to be the best players on the ice in terms of performance. It seems that for whatever reason, that hasn't been the case the past two weekends. Hockey can be as streaky as any game and I have to believe that the top players can and will heat up again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

It's probably coincidence but Union has gone 0-3-1 with Yanovich out of the lineup.

I think the ship can be righted with a 3 point weekend. I'm worried about both games of course but I think that is attainable.

As an aside, when I get down or upset by the results I read something like this linked story and I realize this is a pretty good bunch of kids who deserve our support.

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...202105013.aspx

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Looking at the goals from last weekend, both of Brown's goals were scrums in front and 3 of 4 of Yale's goals were either short rebounds or a scrum as well.

It looks as though Union's defense needs to get tougher in front of the goal and not let their opponents get position on them. This is something Harvard's defense did really well when they played Union.

The goals can be seen here: http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/

Comment

Throwing down an 11. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
          As far as lineup changes, I don't see Sillery getting the nod this weekend .

GooooooU
          Boy, I pegged that one!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
            Throwing down an 11. Nice!
            There's breaking out of a scoring slump and there's playing a team that has an injury-plagued roster with 4 healthy defensemen. You saw the latter last night. This is not the same Clarkson team I've been used to for 20 years. It was pretty painful to watch, actually.

That said, it's nice to see some offense and maybe this will be a bit of a turning point. I hope the boys realize it's not going to be like that tonight. SLU looked to be softened up a bit by RPI, but this is a HUGE game for about 12 reasons.

Also, congrats to MVT for a 100-point career! Seemed easy to reach it last night, but it's a testament to his ability to be able to rack up the points in this league.
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
              There's breaking out of a scoring slump and there's playing a team that has an injury-plagued roster with 4 healthy defensemen. You saw the latter last night. This is not the same Clarkson team I've been used to for 20 years. It was pretty painful to watch, actually.

That said, it's nice to see some offense and maybe this will be a bit of a turning point. I hope the boys realize it's not going to be like that tonight. SLU looked to be softened up a bit by RPI, but this is a HUGE game for about 12 reasons.

Also, congrats to MVT for a 100-point career! Seemed easy to reach it last night, but it's a testament to his ability to be able to rack up the points in this league.
              My sentiments exactly. You're much better at articulating it than I.
              Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Well, didn't expect to see that last night, didjya?
                Not everyone agrees, apparently. And that's fine. They're allowed. That's what makes sports -- and sports fandom -- the compelling force it is in our lives. - Jayson Stark, ESPN Baseball Analyst

Comment

Well that was fun.
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Yeah thanks....Interested to see what type of Clarkson team shows up tonight against us after that game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      Yeah thanks....Interested to see what type of Clarkson team shows up tonight against us after that game last night.
                      D'Amigo, Pirri, and Polacek will all have hat tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        D'Amigo, Pirri, and Polacek will all have hat tricks.
                        I hope you're right. If CCT gets thrashed on again tonight, they are dunzo the rest of the year.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

what a nice weekend.
                          I was impressed on the way the boys came out in the 3rd. Leaman must have had some inspiring words between the 2nd qand 3rd. Giving up a go ahead goal just seconds before the intermission would have meant an automatic L in years past. To come back and tie was strong...to win was very impressive especially against a strong team such as SLU. It looks as if the rythm is back and the team leaders have found the net again. Good work this week. time to work just as hard next weekend.

GoooooU!

Comment

GREAT weekend. Union proved to the rest of the league that they were not ready to roll over and die. We needed to make a statement against Clarkson on Friday and we certainly did that. We needed a win against St. Lawrence due to the fact that we are so close to them in the standings and because they have been on fire recently.

I agree with you, OsecnUC...It was awesome to see Union come from behind and our third period play was very impressive. Let's hope we can keep it up over the final 6 games of the regular season.

Comment

Dear Union,

Thank you for beating SLU. You have moved us that much closer to the first round bye. Don't tick off Dartmouth TOO much, as we would like to get a CD sweep out of next weekend.

Yours truly,
                              RPI's Flag Dude

Comment

I think those Union fans who were hoping RPI would tire out SLU on Friday got their wish. And even though it wasn't pretty for two periods for the home crowd, when SLU started to wear down, your guys pounced.

Good game by Union, and in a lot of ways an equally good, if not better, game by SLU. I thought our guys deserved better, but Union hung in there for forty minutes and played a good third period to take the game away. I thought Vermuelen's goal might be a backbreaker, but Union responded well.

Comment

Working...
                                X