Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

The only time they won at Starr was back in the 97-98 season when they blew them out 6-0. I kind of equate it to the Curse of the Bambino. Hey, even the Red Sox eventually won a World Series and broke it (at least temporarily). In 18 seasons their record is 1-16-1 at Starr.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Ugh, the Starr curse, what a buzzkill. Hopefully we'll be in first place by 3 points by the time the regular season closes out there.

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I don't think any Union fan is looking past any team in the ECAC. I even thought of Colgate, and many others, when making that post. Simply put, it just doesn't feel as if we have been really tested yet. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm not used to having a team like this one to root for, or maybe we haven't been tested. I was just stating that, at this point, it appears that the toughest games on paper will bee in the last 2 weekends of play. That said, let's start looking at this weekend...who is we're playing?

OK, Havahd is coming off a couple of wins including one against Ylae. This will be a test but you have to like the way we line up against them. Big Green is having a tough go of it, but you never know when a team is going to turn things around. The have the potential to come out hard and cause some problems. Let's see Messa rocking and get behind the boys.

Goooooo U

Comment

I'm curious to see what kind of turnout we get this weekend. This team should be selling out or close to it from here on out because every game is huge and Union is sailing in uncharted waters. The fans have to show up in big enthusiastic numbers not just against RPI and Cornell, but with every ECAC foe. This teams deserves that kind of support and we need to make it tough for every visiting team.

Comment

Another article from about a week ago about Josh Jooris committing to Union http://www.thecchl.com/view/cchl/cchl-news/news_9341.

He apparently liked your rink.
            "I saw a game there and the whole atmosphere - their rink - everything was just unbelievable, it gave me goose bumps when I saw the team come out," recalled Jooris.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              I'm curious to see what kind of turnout we get this weekend. This team should be selling out or close to it from here on out because every game is huge and Union is sailing in uncharted waters. The fans have to show up in big enthusiastic numbers not just against RPI and Cornell, but with every ECAC foe. This teams deserves that kind of support and we need to make it tough for every visiting team.
              I did the facebook event thing again and there are already about 300 students signed up for the Harvard game on Friday. Maybe students won't be turned away this weekend, but I'm still expecting a big turnout.
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I very much think that Union can win both of these games or at least stay undefeated in the league. I know people tread very lightly here to not jinx things but I'm the most confident with this team than any in the past. And sometimes confidence is a great thing.

Comment

Nice feature about the squad at the other college hockey website.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ionquietly.php
                  2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

Check out this week's INCH/ESPN college hockey chat. The first question answered in the chat is about Union!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...college-hockey

Comment

• Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                      I very much think that Union can win both of these games or at least stay undefeated in the league. I know people tread very lightly here to not jinx things but I'm the most confident with this team than any in the past. And sometimes confidence is a great thing.
                      I think the team is playing confidently as well. Confidence and momentum may be used interchangeably in many team sports but they're really not the same, IMO. I don't really believe in momentum, but confidence is an altogether different factor. A team with confidence generally plays smart and doesn't panic. In other words success breeds success.

Comment

With 17 hours to go, the facebook events I sent out regarding the two games this weekend look like this:

Harvard: 410 Confirmed, 184 Maybe Attending, 219 Not Attending, 509 Not Yet Replied.
                        Dartmouth: 327 Confirmed, 189 Maybe Attending, 220 Not Attending, 556 Not Yet Replied.

They let 300 students into the game so hopefully, according to these numbers, the student section will be PACKED and ready to go!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          With 17 hours to go, the facebook events I sent out regarding the two games this weekend look like this:

Harvard: 410 Confirmed, 184 Maybe Attending, 219 Not Attending, 509 Not Yet Replied.
                          Dartmouth: 327 Confirmed, 189 Maybe Attending, 220 Not Attending, 556 Not Yet Replied.

They let 300 students into the game so hopefully, according to these numbers, the student section will be PACKED and ready to go!
                          Good, because it's not like Harvard & Dartmouth travel that well.

I agree with Wholin1 - the boys are playing with a high level of confidence. Watching these games, you can really sense that. At the same time, they can't lose sight of what got them into this position...now that they're the hunted, everyone's going to bring their "A" game, so their work is cut out for them even more so than the pundits predicted at the beginning of the season.

I really don't think Nate Leaman will let them get complacent, but they need to keep their guard up and realize that what got them here is what will keep them winning.
                          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post

I think they only let 300 students in for free. There's always that crazy option of paying 8 dollars to get in

Comment

One steak that I would like to see end is the four consecutive games in which Union has given up the first goal. They fought their way back each time, but if that continues it will eventually catch up to them. Let's Go U!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                                I think they only let 300 students in for free. There's always that crazy option of paying 8 dollars to get in
                                Students in for free?! Lucky..... even at HFH, the students only got in for free on Black Friday unless they were with the band, field house staff, press, or ambulance squad. Obviously players get some comp tickets for the parents, but other than that...

Also, pay the 8 bucks, you'd probably get better seats. IIRC, isn't your student section near one of the goals?

Comment

Working...
                                X