Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by UnionFan36 View Post
    Busy day at the College

Football vs. WPI at 6:00pm
    Garnet and White game at 6:30pm
    Thanks for the heads-up on the football game. We didn't even TRY to park near the rink.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the ye

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
      Spouse and I were there on the other side of the rink. I saw you as we were coming in - you were getting your "7th Player" t-shirt. Didn't connect at the time that it was you. It was a dead giveaway that you were the only student there.

I'm excited for next Friday. Wonder if we'll see Kinkaid play right away - I hope so. He's quick. Can't figure out how he missed the first three shots of the shoot-out.
      Haha, yes, that was me. Pretty disappointed with the turnout but I guess most normal people would go to an important football game over a hockey scrimmage. I'm just not "most normal people."

I, too, cannot wait for Friday. Union vs. Maine. Kinkaid made a few great saves but Corey looks good as well. I guess it is possible that Coach splits them up like he did with Corey and Justin a few years back. We'll see.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

I would think Milan and Kincaid will see split time for the first to weekends.
        Going to be a true test for the first four games!
        Let's go Dutch
        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

Re: Union College Hockey 2009-2010: Playoff series win? Check. Albany? This is the year.

Still feels weird to be saying something like this considering the high quality of opponents but anything short of .500 after the first two weekends is going to be disappointing. This season should be a fun time to be a UC fan and I can't wait!

Comment

Athletics Department has a new website for ordering tickets: www.unionathleticstickets.com
            National Champions 2014!
            Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
            Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
            Let's Go U!!!

Comment

...and a new blog for some extra hockey reading! http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/

Comment

Congratulations to Mike Wakita on being named Union's captain for 2009-2010 season. IMO he's a great choice. Best of luck to Mike.

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...x?path=mhockey

Comment

A well deserved job for a great guy! congrats Mike!
                  Let's go Dutch
                  Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

3 more days! Congrats to Waks, Schreibz, Wally, Prez, Boots, and Brock.

Comment

Wakita is definitely a great choice for captain - big kudos. A real 100% effort type of player. Congrats to the asst. caps too. A lot of possible choices, so a rotation makes sense IMO.

On the recruiting front, Heisenberg's reporting a d-man for next season - Michael Ingoldsby of Oakville in the OJAHL. Listed at 6-1, 188# with 8 points in 6 games so far this season. He was a teammate of Jeremy Welsh's last season and is Oakville's captain. Looks like a another solid pickup. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=3770

Also on the recruit front, forward Daniel Carr of St. Albert in the AJHL has had 16 points in his last 5 games and is currently tied for the league lead in scoring. And to answer Wholin's earlier comment on the off-season thread, Carr looks very young because he is only 17 years old. He will actually be a true 18-year old frosh when he matriculates - a rarity at U in the past few years. Maybe an interesting trend, but next year's class also has Sullivan who will be 19 in '10 and only one recruit so far (Ingoldsby) who'll be a 21 year old. Perhaps a sign that U is getting a better rep out there in the junior/prep circuits and attracting younger players with (hopefully) more potential.
                      Last edited by ADK11; 10-07-2009, 09:42 PM.
                      UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Just FYI for Saturdays Game vs. Maine.

Union Football vs. Hobart 2pm
                        Union Hockey vs. Maine 7pm

Should be no problems for parking, but just FYI cause football will be running towards a 5pm end time.
                        Let's go Dutch
                        Union Hockey 2010-2011

Comment

I'm sure some of you were at the Ice Breaker reception last night at the Nott. I thought it was a great new event in a spectacular setting. President Ainlay and Board of Trustees Chairman, Frank Messa, spoke enthusiastically and passionately about the hockey program and how important it is to the college. Several team members were there including newly elected captain, Mike Wakita.

I'd like to put my pitch in to all of you out there who haven't already done so, to consider a membership in the Blades. Last year GBs raised over $100K which was applied directly to the hockey program and which has made a huge difference according to coach Leaman.

There are new reduced membership levels for season ticket holders and first time members ($50) and a new $15 student level. Sorry about the advertisement, .

http://www.unionathletics.com/sports...x?path=mhockey

Comment

I'll second Wholin's shameless plug for joining the Blades. Whether you get involved with it or not, the money goes to helping the hockey program and helps pay for recruiting trips to western Canada, expenses for road trips (like to St. Cloud this year).. It's an important cog in keeping the Dutch competitive.
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

I was there at the Icebreaker event at the Nott as well. I was the guy that Coach Leaman referenced during his speech...I was wearing the Union Hockey 7th player t-shirt. Good times.

I, too, encourage everyone to join the garnet blades. Let's go U!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                I was there at the Icebreaker event at the Nott as well. I was the guy that Coach Leaman referenced during his speech...I was wearing the Union Hockey 7th player t-shirt. Good times.

I, too, encourage everyone to join the garnet blades. Let's go U!
                                Kudos to you and keep up the great work. Does the Coach know you are a Maniac?

Comment

Working...
                                X