Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Good debut, Mavs! Let's go for the SWEEP tomorrow night.

I'm hoping there's a much better turnout tomorrow, however.
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
    - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Re: Official 2009-2010 Minnesota State Maverick Hockey Thread: Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
      Good debut, Mavs! Let's go for the SWEEP tomorrow night.

I'm hoping there's a much better turnout tomorrow, however.
      I think with football games still going on in town, as well as the fact this is an early series in the season would contribute to a smaller crowd turnout..
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Ole from Iraq Mavs! Great way to start the season!

Comment

Originally posted by mavs_iceman View Post
          Ole from Iraq Mavs! Great way to start the season!
          Glad you're able to follow things from the sandbox, iceman.

Well, the sweep was completed. I think Murdock looks just a little quicker (post to post, dropping down and getting back to his feet) than Lee. The Mavs will still have to be better at converting their chances when they play teams that don't let them dominate the play the way Bowling Green did.
          My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Great sweep in the season opener! Goaltenders did fine, defense played well too. Offense may need to click a little better in upcoming weeks...

PITLICK NEEDS TO SHOOT THE PUCK MORE! The kid is in Berge's old spot on the PP unit and I felt there were a few times where he could have blasted one if not for hesitation... Looks like a very skilled college hockey player already!

Anybody get any video footage of the Louwerse goal from Friday night??? I'd like to watch that one again and again.
            "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month."
            - Herb Brooks (1937-2003)

Minnesota State University. "You Betcha"!

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate View Post
              Anybody get any video footage of the Louwerse goal from Friday night??? I'd like to watch that one again and again.
              i was told that it will be up on the school web site between tue thu fri

Comment

Former Maverick Aaron Fox, now playing in Russia, featured on yahoosports.com for this goal he recently scored.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,195401

Comment

Originally posted by Caxton Bomber View Post
                  Former Maverick Aaron Fox, now playing in Russia, featured on yahoosports.com for this goal he recently scored.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,195401
                  Good find.

Comment

We looked fine this past weekend in most aspects, but good lord does our power play need work. It was horrific. Move the puck quicker and quit being so afraid to bury it.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Happy New Season Every One!!

New Mav Website is up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                        Happy New Season Every One!!

New Mav Website is up.
                        Where is this website?

Comment

And in other Landcow news.....

Regional rankings Oct. 12, 2009

Super Regional 3 Record D2

1. Minnesota State 7-0 7-0
                          2. Nebraska-Kearney 6-1 6-1
                          3. Minnesota-Duluth 6-1 6-1
                          4. Wayne State (Neb) 5-2 5-2
                          5. Saginaw Valley 5-2 5-2
                          6. Wayne State (Mi) 5-2 5-2
                          7. Findlay 6-1 6-1
                          8. Hillsdale 5-2 5-2
                          9. Grand Valley 6-1 6-1
                          10. Bemidji State 5-2 4-2
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Kurt Davis named WCHA Defensive Player of the Week

http://www.wcha.com/sports/m-hockey/...101309aab.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mav Fan View Post
                              Where is this website?
                              Same as the old school website, but totally redesigned. It looks pretty cool.

http://msumavericks.com/index.aspx
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

http://www.msumavericks.com/sports/2...x?path=mhockey

mavs video highlights are up

Comment

Working...
                                X