Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey 2009-2010

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    $30 for the BU ticket is just gouging.
    I like this system better.
    There are 7 games at $15. = $105.
    There are 6 games at $20. = $120.
    There are 1 games at $30. = $ 30.
    $255 total for 14 games = $18.21 per game.

Last season was $22. for each game across the board (IIRC). This price structure will probably put more fannies in the seats, especially the $15 tix. BU/BC is worth $30. and will sell out easily.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by lah02476 View Post
      However, I've found that unless you are a big-time Flynn-Fund donor, your seats will not be very good at the Garden.
      I'm not a Flynn Fund donor because I am not an alum.
      Define "big-time Flynn Fund donor". I sat 3rd row loge in the corner for three years for what I don't consider big-time. Big time is donating a stadium.

Ya don't have to be an alum to donate. And you can specify funds to a particular sport.

I haven't been Flynn Fund for 2 years now, because business isn't what it was and I donated to my daughters school/program. I'm thinking I can afford half of my usual donation this year, so I will donate. BC hockey/athletics brings me great joy.

Some interesting facts from the 2009 BC Athletics Annual Report...
      - The cost of a scholarship... $52,439. (Books $400., Fees $600., Meals $4540., Housing $8369, Tuition $38,530).
      - BC awarded 272 full scholarships at a cost of nearly $14.5 million.
      - $17 million donated to the Flynn Fund.
      - Every gift matters... more than $1.8 million was raised in gifts of less than $100 in 2008-2009.

Not preaching, just thought I'd pass this info along. I found it interesting.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        - Every gift matters... more than $1.8 million was raised in gifts of less than $100 in 2008-2009.
        And yet, when they call people on their fundraising campaigns (such as my parents, who 1) are not exactly wealthy and 2) already help me out with my books and stuff and co-sign my big student loans), they start off by asking for $250. Then, if people really bellyache, they'll say 'okay, how about $100?'

At Christmas time last year, I donated $25 each to the men's and women's hockey programs, but only because I looked up how to do it online and took the initiative. They'd never call me pitching the 'every small donation counts' line.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

They'd never call me pitching the 'every small donation counts' line.
          Wait a minute... it is interesting to note that during the Neenan Challenge campaign, they encouraged "nano-giving" or "micropayments" or something in that regard to get small donations in and the # of donors up (that number helps with rankings) and suggested an amount of $8.63 in honor of the year BC was founded as an institution. In one of the mailings, they had a physicist talk about nano-technology and how that could be applied to fundraising as well.

edit - http://www.bc.edu/alumni/meta-elemen...9naughton.html
          Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-07-2009, 08:49 AM.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

- Beacon garage is maybe half full for a game. A perk for Flynn Fund donors, but there's room to perk season tix holders also, IMO. Send them a parking pass.
            - Away game and Beanpot tix are available for season tix holders. ST holders have first dibs on away games (I'm not sure non season tix holders can get them).
            - Season tix holders have a skate with the Eagles and invite to post season banquet.

Not that most of that matters much to me. What I like most is having the same chair-back seat every game/season, and the dibs on away games, which I attend a lot of.

Season tix applicants apparently not dwindling. Very few upgrades and changes in seating were awarded again this year (according to the letter that arrived with the tix).
            Mind you, my letter is now five years old so they may have implemented some of the things I cited.

I am in the camp that being a season ticket holder doesn't really provide me much benefit. If I want to go to a game, finding tix is rarely difficult, whether home, away, or playoff. With a family, I wouldn't make it to all of the games so I'd waste money. And I find the away experience more interesting anyway.
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

And yet, when they call people on their fundraising campaigns (such as my parents, who 1) are not exactly wealthy and 2) already help me out with my books and stuff and co-sign my big student loans), they start off by asking for $250. Then, if people really bellyache, they'll say 'okay, how about $100?'

At Christmas time last year, I donated $25 each to the men's and women's hockey programs, but only because I looked up how to do it online and took the initiative. They'd never call me pitching the 'every small donation counts' line.
              now that you donated, they will call you from now on.

and Nick, the neenan challenge was specifically to get people to donate.. it was a numbers game more than a dollars game, if you will. I think they needed to reach 500,000 different donors to get the matching gift from the mystery donor.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Absolutely love the new scoreboards. Great picture! Who needs good seats anymore?
                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

In an attempt to bring this back to hockey, did anyone go Friday night? How did they look? What were the lines?

It's good to see freshmen on the scoresheet, regardless of who they are playing. Is this Atkinson's break-out season? He showed great progress towards the end of last year, and he certainly has the speed and skill to produce in this league.

Call it a hunch, but I feel abnormally optimistic about this team. It could be the most balanced team they have had in a while. Looking forward to Sunday at 5.

Comment

Definitely think atkinson is going to have a breakout; and kreider is simply flithy, he could be a chuck kobesaw impact player. Whitney seems to have a little more jump now that his brother is on his line... the only guy MIA as far as i'm concerned is ben smith
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Anyone have lower-bowl tickets to NU on 11/7 they're willing to part with? I want to give them as a gift.
                      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                        Anyone have lower-bowl tickets to NU on 11/7 they're willing to part with? I want to give them as a gift.
                        How many do you need? I can part with 2. Section P.

Comment

Is Dave Hendrickson picking teams with his heart or his head? Here's how he ranks Hockey East this season.
                          2009-2010 Hockey East Preview
                          1. UML
                          2. BU
                          3. VT
                          4. UNH
                          5. NU
                          6. Maine
                          7. UMass
                          8. BC
                          9. MC
                          10. PC

BC in eighth place? Yikes.
                          To be fair, I think they may struggle a bit with a very young D and also a young team, so I picked them at 6th. But eighth?
                          The coach ain't a rookie Dave.

Comment

Is Dave Hendrickson picking teams with his heart or his head? Here's how he ranks Hockey East this season.
                            2009-2010 Hockey East Preview
                            1. UML
                            2. BU
                            3. VT
                            4. UNH
                            5. NU
                            6. Maine
                            7. UMass
                            8. BC
                            9. MC
                            10. PC

BC in eighth place? Yikes.
                            To be fair, I think they may struggle a bit with a very young D and also a young team, so I picked them at 6th. But eighth?
                            The coach ain't a rookie Dave.
                            Yes but the coaches picked BC 3rd.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Yes but the coaches picked BC 3rd.
                              and they are going to finish the season in first :-).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Kenny Ryan left school after two exhibition games. I hope it works out for him.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X