This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2009-2010

1. I always thought Hendrickson picking BC 8th was a typo until he admitted his mistake...

2. Was York a candidate for the Bostonian award last year? If not, it's absurd that Parker is.

Comment

jcarter: I have a suggestion for you. Start over with a name change and stop posting anything derogatory on another teams thread. I have stopped reading anything you say on this thread as well as any of the responses to you and I am sure a lot of others are doing the same. The few who do respond follow you to the Vermont thread anyway and will do so whenever you knock anothers team and enforce it when you are proven wrong. Life is too short to get involved in anonymous slugfests that get you nowhere. Enjoy your team. They are good. Just don't beat your chest without reason and never ever insult another program. Their own fans can do enough of that when needed. I am sure you are a decent person but this has spiraled beyond repair. I don't even think an honest apology will ever get you in favor with your own fans let alone ours.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        2. Was York a candidate for the Bostonian award last year? If not, it's absurd that Parker is.
        I don't think York was, and this reeks of BU journalism alums' editorializing. BU was wire-to-wire #1 last year whereas in 2008 BC was mediocre at midyear and really turned it around.
        Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
          I don't think York was, and this reeks of BU journalism alums' editorializing. BU was wire-to-wire #1 last year whereas in 2008 BC was mediocre at midyear and really turned it around.
          I don't recall York being nominated but he was for Sportsman of the Year by Sports Illustrated I believe. Ironic to be recognized nationally and not locally.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            1. I always thought Hendrickson picking BC 8th was a typo until he admitted his mistake...

do they have a set number of candidates??

i'm sure it is a matter of picking ten, and this year there may not have been that many options... no? (vicki kennedy?? )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              I don't recall York being nominated but he was for Sportsman of the Year by Sports Illustrated I believe. Ironic to be recognized nationally and not locally.
              to be fair, it was a BC alum who nominated him. my initial reaction to all of this is who cares

York leads by example
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

jcarter: I have a suggestion for you. Start over with a name change and stop posting anything derogatory on another teams thread. I have stopped reading anything you say on this thread as well as any of the responses to you and I am sure a lot of others are doing the same.
                Thanks but no thanks. I'm just here for entertainment and my approach seems to be working nicely. Just curious though, if you stopped reading my post and the responses how do you know I haven't stopped posting derogatory anything??

The few who do respond follow you to the Vermont thread anyway and will do so whenever you knock anothers team and enforce it when you are proven wrong. Life is too short to get involved in anonymous slugfests that get you nowhere.
                That's right, life is short. Certainly too short too worry about they're, their, or there. And it's way too short to get all up tight over a college hockey forum. You have to take life's little entertainments where you can get them even if you are the only one that gets a kick out of it.

Enjoy your team. They are good. Just don't beat your chest without reason and never ever insult another program.
                Actually that is really an error. While I do think UVM has a good program and I have stated such, I think for the most part you would be hard pressed to find posts where I was engaging in anything that could be considered beating my chest. That is taken care of quite well by some of the other UVM fans. (Except maybe in the UML thread).

I am sure you are a decent person but this has spiraled beyond repair. I don't even think an honest apology will ever get you in favor with your own fans let alone ours.
                Well, I did give everyone positive rep and wished them a merry christmas. As for my own fans : as has been pointed out many times on many threads, just because we follow the same team doesn't mean we have to like each other. Some are okay and some are just way toooooo uptight for me. But yeah, I don't think I will ever be in Cat Lover's good graces again.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  T Not to mention the fact that your most epic grammatical FAIL was what started this whole thing in the first place.
                  Sorry Tony, maybe I am not being clear. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it is pure laziness. I am unconcerned with grammar, ergo I don't pay much attention to whether or not I have the correct "there". Then you got all hot and bothered over it so it just became a bit of a game.

If it makes you feel better :
                  They're : Conjunction for they are
                  There : typically used as an adverb ex.) hey you over there....
                  Their : possessive from of they ex.) their forum

Happy ?? Probably not, but I'm sure you will get over it with time.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                    Sorry Tony, maybe I am not being clear. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it is pure laziness. I am unconcerned with grammar, ergo I don't pay much attention to whether or not I have the correct "there". Then you got all hot and bothered over it so it just became a bit of a game.

Hey JCartwheel. For cryin' out loud. Nobody here cares where, wear, or ware you go but would just please just go away.
                    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                      Hey JCartwheel. For cryin' out loud. Nobody here cares where, wear, or ware you go but would just please just go away.
                      I think Tony /SteveF/NickP/and superfanboyJoe might, they can't seem to stop following me around. I'm just trying to make it easier on them. Besides the geezers in the UVM thread are getting sick of them commenting over there so the option to stop that was to come over here.

I suppose if they were ambitious they could simply start a trash talk thread and save everyone from reading it but somehow I think you all would read it any ways.

Comment

You know, for someone who doesn't care, you sure are trying hard to earn our approval.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I suggest that all my fellow BC fans simply put this dope on their ignore list and then he'll be posting to nowhere.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            I suggest that all my fellow BC fans simply put this dope on their ignore list and then he'll be posting to nowhere.
                            Well said sir, you are forever on my ignore list. But just a quick correction before I go, the post will still go to whichever thread I post to. Just because you are unaware of it doesn't mean it won't exist.
                            Last edited by jcarter7669; 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              You know, for someone who doesn't care, you sure are trying hard to earn our approval.
                              Umm, not really. You are confused with my need to explain and your approval. So let's try get this straight so we can just go back to you correcting my grammar. A.) You say our like you speak for all BC fans. Frankly I could care less about most of them. B.) I don't really care what them or you think Tony. I just get sick of the old geezers on my own thread ( and on your thread for that matter ) and you provide some entertaining banter. Heck sometimes Nick makes me crack up out loud when I read the stuff he posts. C.) I readily admit that grammar / spelling / proofreading are not my strong suits and I rarely pay attention to what I am typing so its a bit of a double whammy. But c'est la vie. Whether you approve or not is your business but the end result is the same either way, it's just **** funny to see what your next correction is going to be.

Now, I'm sure there has to be some mistake in that post so have at it.

Comment

You are confused with my need to explain and your approval.
                                You need to explain? Why? Because you care about being misinterpreted? Could that mean you - wait for it - care?!
                                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-16-2009, 10:59 AM.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X