This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2009-2010

being new to this as well I also am stunned at how the BU fans dump all over Parker. the guy is one of the all time greats with the hardware to back it up.............and who's idea was it to pull the goalie so early against Miami?

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
      As a FB season ticket holder I can't say I was all that happy with this past season's home schedule. Especially after I pay full price and then they start with the discounts and the givaways because they can't get anyone to come to games. I wouldn't mind seeing an occasional Ohio State or Michigan (not Mid Central Southern Michigan A&M Community College or whoever the *@#&% they were)come in here.
      I keep saying that BC should schedule Boise State. That school is having real big problems getting ANYONE decent to schedule them, to the point where Boise will agree to play a team as an 'Away' contest without insisting on a reciprocal Home date in return (as is the custom). BC could use a Boise State on their home slate, to your point above.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        being new to this as well I also am stunned at how the BU fans dump all over Parker. the guy is one of the all time greats with the hardware to back it up.............and who's idea was it to pull the goalie so early against Miami?
        Dean Blais did it against BC in the 2001 championship game with 6 minutes left. Jack hasn't had an original thought in 30 years.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          the guy is one of the all time greats with the hardware to back it up
          Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Jack hasn't had an original thought in 30 years.
          Loss of brain cells is a long-term effect of alcohol abuse. It's sad but it happens.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Dean Blais did it against BC in the 2001 championship game with 6 minutes left. Jack hasn't had an original thought in 30 years.
            and it's not like BU scored right away. they scored two in the final minute when every coach would have had the goalie out

Comment

true but it did change the game from that point forward..........just watched it again the other day and it still made me almost throw up in my mouth. BU was on the verge of one of the biggest choke jobs ever........they were without a doubt the best team over the course of the year but they were NOT the best team on the ice in each of their last 3 games yet due to pucks deflecting off other teams skates etc, they won. sour grapes? yes, but that's how i saw it.......

Comment

Can we please not talk any more about bu winning last year? They won last year, they were the best team all year and they deserved it. I still like our coach better than theirs, but Parker deserves credit for last season. He also deserves some heat for this season so far. Done and done.

Let's talk about our team - a team that has the potential to equal what BU accomplished last year in terms of piling up multiple trophies. The Denver Cup would be a nice start.
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

IDK, he did skirt around the rules back in the Gionta years and coached the team from the press box with a headset while he was suspended, which prompted Hockey East to change the rules just for him. Very Walsh-like.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                    I ended up going down to Providence last night kind of spur of the moment late in the day. Glad I did. That was a very impressive 60 minute performance. BC had tremendous puck possession the whole game, the D's breakout passes were particularly crisp, and all three goals were nice plays. 10-3-2 at the break, I'll take it.

I'm not one to be overoptimistic, but I have a VERY good feeling about this team.
                    Quote from a long time BC hockey follower about the game Saturday night, "that was the most dominating performance from BC hockey in the last 15 years". I wasn't there, but those are strong words. Great way to go into break.

Comment

Sterlippo has a point there in that it did change the flow of the game... Up until that point the ice was tilted toward Millan and our boys were skating uphill. For some reason after the pull, it was like Miami realized, "hey we are winning and they just pulled the goalie to get an extra skater!!! We better ah defense now!!" and stopped being as aggressive and the ice tilted toward their end.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        IDK, he did skirt around the rules back in the Gionta years and coached the team from the press box with a headset while he was suspended, which prompted Hockey East to change the rules just for him. Very Walsh-like.
                        Shouldn't we save this for the 'Jack Parker - Cheater' thread?
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          Can we please not talk any more about bu winning last year? They won last year, they were the best team all year and they deserved it. I still like our coach better than theirs, but Parker deserves credit for last season. He also deserves some heat for this season so far. Done and done.

Let's talk about our team - a team that has the potential to equal what BU accomplished last year in terms of piling up multiple trophies. The Denver Cup would be a nice start.
                          Agreed. Like who really gives a **** about BU? They are awful. Lets not talk about them.

And about the coaches....how can anyone not like Jerry more then Jack?
                          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                            How about when BU had players back from the WJC to play BC, but somehow BC didn't have its guys back...

Comment

BC has jumped 5 spots in the polls from last week. They are ranked 5th in the nation now. If I recall right, they started the season ranked 20th.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I love how the polls can be so skewed based on the perception of the team and its opponents. I took the poll and resorted it based on win percent and then added the difference between win percent and the poll ranking.

Code:
                                Win % Rank	Dec 14 Poll	Team	Record	Win %	Delta
                                1	8	QU	13-3-1	0.79	7
                                2	11	Ferris	13-3-2	0.78	9
                                3	1	Miami	13-2-5	0.78	-2
                                4	10	BSU	13-4-1	0.75	6
                                5	5	BC	10-3-2	0.73	0
                                6	4	Cornell	7-2-2	0.73	-2
                                7	3	CC	11-4-3	0.69	-4
                                8	2	Denver	11-5-2	0.67	-6
                                9	7	Wisco	11-5-2	0.67	-2
                                10	15	UMA	10-5-0	0.67	5
                                11	9	Yale	7-3-2	0.67	-2
                                12	18	UC	8-3-5	0.66	6
                                13	13	MSU	12-6-2	0.65	0
                                14	12	UMD	11-6-1	0.64	-2
                                15	14	UML	10-6-1	0.62	-1
                                16	17	UAF	9-5-4	0.61	1
                                17	6	UND	9-6-3	0.58	-11
                                18	16	UNH	8-6-3	0.56	-2
                                19	19	SCSU	8-7-3	0.53	0
                                20	20	ND	8-8-4	0.50	0
                                In this quick/dirty analysis No. Dak. is 11 points overrated and Ferris is 9 pts underrated. This of course doesn't take into account stuff like how Ferris' NC schedule reads like an ACC basketball schedule in November.
                                Last edited by Zudnic; 12-14-2009, 02:30 PM.
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X