This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2009-2010

Wow. A lot of panties in a bunch over here!!!

Someone did a nice job of pulling out some old quotes. Remember that kid Davey24? Whatever happened to him? Did he get deported back to Bolivia? Bankrupt after getting scammed buying FF tix on the internet?

I think it's become clear that the keepers of the "fanboy" designation need to define in clarity what makes a fanboy a fanboy in the not so distant future. In general, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Facepaint, man-hugging, wearing your team's jersey to a rival's game against another team, jumping up and down like you just won the national title in a game NOT in March or April (exluding the Beanpot), acting like Richard Simmons at a sporting event, etc.

Anyone that is really getting uptight about this stuff is thinking too hard. And we all know you BU people shouldn't think too hard, because it's clear thinking is something you're not good at. Stick to the things you can do, generally cheap forms of manual labor such as fast food services or making wonderful latte masterpieces at Starbucks (I believe the correct term is "barista" but BC grads and the rest of Boston's glitterati just call you "BU grads")
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-09-2009, 08:41 AM.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Facepaint, man-hugging, wearing your team's jersey to a rival's game against another team, jumping up and down like you just won the national title in a game NOT in March or April (exluding the Beanpot), acting like Richard Simmons at a sporting event, etc.
      That works. We should start a USCHO dictionary, but I don't think the UVM fans know how to use one.

We should do it anyway.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

what is up with some BU crybaby trying to tell me how to use a word i made popular?? full credit to umlgoon, though, for actually dreaming it up that fateful day at the fours.

the BU fans have tried to corrupt the definition of fanboy and wear it as some badge of honor. which is just shameful. it has nothing to do with being a big fan or cheering for the team.

wearing makeup and glitter to games? making signs with fuzzy nicknames on them? stalking the players and telling us what they eat for lunch? stop acting like a puckbunny and you will stop being called a fanboy. very simple.
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Taking the man's advice and moving on-

Hahvid tonight! Every time I think Parker Milner is going to start, he never does, but I feel pretty confident in predicting that he'll be in net tonight. After last week's impressive performance at UMass he deserves one game before break, and I'm sure York would rather play Muse in the conference game on Saturday.

Harvard has some decent talent and they showed real tenacity in their game against BU (a 6-5 OT loss), battling back repeatedly despite being overmatched. I don't think they have the legs on defense to keep up with BC, though. Assuming the team doesn't take this game off, a strong offensive explosion is a real possibility.

Anyone going to the game, Grant, btg, me, and some other friends from BC will be eating at John Harvard's at around 5:30 tonight. We'll be easy to spot, so feel free to come say hi.
          For some reason that talent is not gelling for Harvard. Hopefully BC can take advantage while they're in a tailspin.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I'm guessing you heard about all that, right?
            Boston Globe
            LA Times
            What an embarrassment to the school.
            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
              What an embarrassment to the school.
              Yes, it is.

There was mention on WEEI and 98.5 the Sports Hub today as well. People are not pleased.

Comment

Yes, it is.

There was mention on WEEI and 98.5 the Sports Hub today as well. People are not pleased.
                Just another in the long line of them here at BC.

Its too bad they don't reward their students, who pay a ridiculous amount of money to attend (then donate once they graduate) their school, for their hard work.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                  I hate all accusations of fanboyish behavior as well, I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy that was going on in this thread.

Again, congrats on your win BC... but you obviously have a bigger picture in mind, so just move on.
                  Most of the time they aren't accusations.

The truth hurts.

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

There is no hypocrisy,
                    Having said that, I'll openly admit that getting a rise out of people on this forum is fun as hell. So, while you are a troll, I rescind my attack on you for it, seeing as I do it here and there myself.
                    Umm, yeah know hypocrisy at all.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Not much talk of tonight's game vs Harvard. Where is bothman? And inquiring minds want to know, does hankwp still go to games anymore? That guy was great. The good ol' days!
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Umm, yeah know hypocrisy at all.
                        That was a cool little spin job you did there, taking something I said about a completely different topic and applying it here. I like it!

*****http://www.friedmanarchives.com/China/Page1/images/4%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg******

Comment

That was a cool little spin job you did there, taking something I said about a completely different topic and applying it here. I like it!

*****http://www.friedmanarchives.com/China/Page1/images/4%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg******
                          Are you on the right or the left??
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            stop acting like a puckbunny and you will stop being called a fanboy.
                            You liar.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I don't usually post reps, but cry me a river, yankeefat. Sounds like you're a little more upset about the loss than you are letting on.
                              You guys have to stop confusing all BC fans with Nick P and SteveF (much respeck).
                              I am not Carmine and SteveF, I don't know why you think everyone with a BC logo on their hat has the same opinion.
                              Everyone, especially you BC rejects, take note: I am not SteveF or Nick P. or Carmine S. or any of the pinheads. Just because they say something doesn't mean I said it too.
                              you're not? they call me yankeefat, you call me yankeefat. they go trolling in everyone else's threads trying to drop knowledge like whatever they say is the gospel of hockey, and you seem to do the same thing:

Having said that, I'll openly admit that getting a rise out of people on this forum is fun as hell. So, while you are a troll, I rescind my attack on you for it, seeing as I do it here and there myself.
                              I will openly admit, I am not the best speller, so whether I spell hypocrisy with a Y or I, you can make fun of me all you want. I am the first to admit that my grammar is terrible.

Oh, and you root for BC. So do the likes of those you claim not to associate yourself with. While you may not like it, that's how you are viewed on these threads.
                              Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                              when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                              "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Could be the worst BU-BC flamefest yet. Yikes.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X