UAA 2009-2010 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA 2009-2010 Season Thread

Ok, Season starts on Friday, and i haven't seen a thread for this season, so im starting one.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: UAA 2009-2010 Season Thread

I'll be headed out to Wasilla on Friday for the game. Anybody else gonna make it out there?

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
      I'll be headed out to Wasilla on Friday for the game. Anybody else gonna make it out there?
      That town sounds familiar. Can you see Russia from there?

Comment

Hubby and I will be there, I think Donald is planning on going, and I spoke with several people at the Meet & Greet who will be there as well. I can't wait to get a good look at the freshmen. I don't know much about SAIT Polytechnic, so I really don't know what to expect.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
          Strip malls as far as the eye can see.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Hubby and I will be there, I think Donald is planning on going, and I spoke with several people at the Meet & Greet who will be there as well. I can't wait to get a good look at the freshmen. I don't know much about SAIT Polytechnic, so I really don't know what to expect.
            I'll be looking for everybody. Planning on bringing along a few people as well. Can't wait...!!

Snows already coming down Baldy and Hockeys about to start! Doesn't get much better
            Well....maybe on a clear day... Gotta love the Marijuana Valley...or is the Meth Valley now...??

Comment

I'll be looking for everybody. Planning on bringing along a few people as well. Can't wait...!!

Snows already coming down Baldy and Hockeys about to start! Doesn't get much better

Well....maybe on a clear day... Gotta love the Marijuana Valley...or is the Meth Valley now...??
              We should all sit together to form a cheering section, I'll look for ya.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Occasionally, but not as legendary as Toe Tapping Minneapolis.
                Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 09-28-2009, 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I sure will be glad when we get our season tickets. Still have not arrived, it's really getting late!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I sure will be glad when we get our season tickets. Still have not arrived, it's really getting late!
                    thats not a good sign, have you called the ticket office?
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Without trying to come up with excuses: the UAA ticketing office lost one of it's people (not to budget related items, simply a better job opportunity that came along) and has had difficulties without the Shootout. Basically, the loss of one trained person and the late Shootout announcements have made it rough to keep all sports on task. Season tickets are being printed and sent out and should received very soon.
                      Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                      thats not a good sign, have you called the ticket office?
                      As to my above post: the AD is processing season tickets as quickly as possible. Extenuating circumstances....

And granted the GAS is farther off than the first regular season hockey game, my understanding is that ticket packages have to be sent out soon, hence the time constraints. Hockey tickets should be on the way VERY soon though!~!

Comment

Without trying to come up with excuses: the UAA ticketing office lost one of it's people (not to budget related items, simply a better job opportunity that came along) and has had difficulties without the Shootout. Basically, the loss of one trained person and the late Shootout announcements have made it rough to keep all sports on task. Season tickets are being printed and sent out and should received very soon.

As to my above post: the AD is processing season tickets as quickly as possible. Extenuating circumstances....

And granted the GAS is farther off than the first regular season hockey game, my understanding is that ticket packages have to be sent out soon, hence the time constraints. Hockey tickets should be on the way VERY soon though!~!
                        I did receive a call from the sports dept. last week saying the tickets are printed up, but they are waiting for the booster passes, so they don't have to pay for two mailings. As of last Friday, they still didn't have them and didn't know when they would. Hopefully they will come SOON.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Why does UAA play their ex. game in meth valley? Why not at the Sully?

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                            Why does UAA play their ex. game in meth valley? Why not at the Sully?
                            UAA has been having their exhibition games outside of Anchorage for a few years now. For a while the games alternated between Wasilla and Kenai (every other year...) but the last few have all been in the Valley. I think the AD chooses to do it that way to advertise the program to people who might not come to Anchorage on a regular basis. I think it's a great idea for several reasons: 1) it saves $$$ for the University 2) I personally know a lot of people that rarely, if ever, come to Anchroage because of the new stores popping up all over Palmer/Wasilla and 3) its a lot nicer for those of us that don't live in Anchorage to just get on the Glenn Highway and not have to drive through Anchorage!

Comment

UAA has been having their exhibition games outside of Anchorage for a few years now. For a while the games alternated between Wasilla and Kenai (every other year...) but the last few have all been in the Valley. I think the AD chooses to do it that way to advertise the program to people who might not come to Anchorage on a regular basis. I think it's a great idea for several reasons: 1) it saves $$$ for the University 2) I personally know a lot of people that rarely, if ever, come to Anchroage because of the new stores popping up all over Palmer/Wasilla and 3) its a lot nicer for those of us that don't live in Anchorage to just get on the Glenn Highway and not have to drive through Anchorage!
                              They played the games a few times in Eagle River at the Mac, but Wasilla seems to be the choice these days. I kinda like going up there, we go to see the Avs play when UAA is on the road.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X