Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    The primary motive was to go see the Cup…..you and the bird are some of the luckiest _airbanks fans ever ……………..can go and see it on a daily basis. I’m happy for you.
    **** AH, nothing like a good Nanook thread to bring you out of the hills! It's like the Bat Signal...except with a giant polar bear instead of a bat.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Did anyone go to the scrimage and if so did anyone stand out. Are we going to be able to score this year? Will we have a power play? I'm hoping some of the sophmores will step up this year and provide some offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        **** AH, nothing like a good Nanook thread to bring you out of the hills! It's like the Bat Signal...except with a giant polar bear instead of a bat.
        Yes it does and the giant polar bear must of liked the donuts we force fed him last year during the Governors Cup because he seems to be more overweight than oversized.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Birdman, check the Nanook blog at nanookhockey.blogspot.com for a pretty good rundown of the Blue/Gold game.

AH, I'll take a festively plump polar bear any day over that weird green sea monster parading around Sully on game night!
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Birdman, check the Nanook blog at nanookhockey.blogspot.com for a pretty good rundown of the Blue/Gold game.

AH, I'll take a festively plump polar bear any day over that weird green sea monster parading around Sully on game night!
            It's a toss up. Your polar bear (if you can call it that) is pretty ugly, but I also despise the new UAA mascot. Actually, I don't know anyone who likes it.
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Aaron Voros will be on Letterman tonight, apparently doing the Top 10 list.

Comment

Voros wasn't on the Top 10 list, however Brandon Dubinsky was. If you didn't get a chance to see it, try Youtubing it: very nice for hockey season about to start.

Comment

apparently..........not
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Voros was in the lineup per cbs national, but got bumped for some reason.
                    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Hey, check out today's Puck Daddy column (Yahoo Sports). "Celebrate Return of Hockey with Rampaging Space Bear" spotlights one of our old opening videos. It looks great, too! This group ought to be able to provide some fun comments on the entry.

Another subject -- are any Anchorage hotels offering specials for the Kendall Hockey Classic?

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                        Hey, check out today's Puck Daddy column (Yahoo Sports). "Celebrate Return of Hockey with Rampaging Space Bear" spotlights one of our old opening videos. It looks great, too! This group ought to be able to provide some fun comments on the entry.
                        Oh yeah, the Rampaging Space Bear is blowing up the Internet today. So just tack that on with space satellites, planets and the moon as well.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Another subject -- are any Anchorage hotels offering specials for the Kendall Hockey Classic?
                          Some Michigan fans (5 or so) are coming for the tournament, and they found the best deal at the Puffin Inn.
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

How about anything in Fairbanks for the Brice?

Comment

Yes, the Sheraton. Call them in Anchorage, ask for in-house reservations (so they don't transfer you to the national call center), and ask for the UAF Fan Rate. I think it's $85 a night. Word is that the team is staying there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
                                How about anything in Fairbanks for the Brice?
                                Not that I've heard, but the Springhill Suites Marriott in downtown is usually around $80 a night by October, and it's only a couple of miles from the Carlson Center.

Comment

Working...
                                X