Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks, 2009-10 Season Thread – Shovel Ready

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    High-quality speculation and why linger? …. Is every single one the local UA_ fans holding up in their one room cabin’s stuffin logs in a barrel stove and waiting for the library to open so they can post? Or will it take you that long to get w/ bird and mmf to rally slackerrat, ½ nook, Ice Angle and all the additional short bus occupants to put together a showing? …..good luck on that scheme.
    I'm actually offended you left me out of that list...
    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

• Lake Superior State does not approve of this thread title:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091231/...us_bannedwords

Tops on the Michigan university's list of useless phrases was "shovel-ready."

Comment

Originally posted by richl49 View Post
        Lake Superior State does not approve of this thread title:

Tops on the Michigan university's list of useless phrases was "shovel-ready."
        If I had only waited a couple of more days before staring this thread it probably would have ended up “Alaska Nanooks, 2009 Season Thread – Going Rogue”. But isn't that just another useless and too often used phrase? You betcha. But maybe then we wouldn’t have incurred the wrath of LSSU wordsmiths.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          High-quality speculation and why linger? …. Is every single one the local UA_ fans holding up in their one room cabin’s stuffin logs in a barrel stove and waiting for the library to open so they can post? Or will it take you that long to get w/ bird and mmf to rally slackerrat, ½ nook, Ice Angle and all the additional short bus occupants to put together a showing? …..good luck on that scheme.
          Happy new year
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

All right, AH, you got your wish:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=87455

Now quit trolling our season thread
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
              I'm actually offended you left me out of that list...
              I apologize I don't know how I missed you........ Now take the seat behind the driver and get your helmet strap buckled.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I interrupt AH's nonsensical posts ( ) to bring you the following very cool, non-hockey story concerning Parrish West of the men's bball team, that was actually picked up by the Anchorage Daily News in possibly the first UAF article printed in that newspaper in over 8 years that doesn't involve Beth Bragg or Doyle Woody's spitting rage over all things Nanook:

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_stor...ce=uaf_nanooks

Comment

Chad Johnson got the first start of his NHL career (he earlier played in relief) for the NY Rangers on Thursday.

Johnson stopped 31 of the 32 shots he faced, but took a 2-1 shootout loss. The shootout went five rounds and Atlanta scored twice.

Johnson also got an assist on the lone Rangers goal.

Comment

I wasn’t able to listen to Bruce yesterday. What’s Filzen’s status? He wasn’t in the box score. Someone said that he was re-injured in practice and was heading back to town and that Cardwell was going to join the team on the road. Is that somewhat the story?

That’s a tough loss. We need everybody healthy. Hang in there Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      I interrupt AH's nonsensical posts ( ) to bring you the following very cool, non-hockey story concerning Parrish West of the men's bball team, that was actually picked up by the Anchorage Daily News in possibly the first UAF article printed in that newspaper in over 8 years that doesn't involve Beth Bragg or Doyle Woody's spitting rage over all things Nanook:

http://newsminer.com/pages/full_stor...ce=uaf_nanooks
                      This is the second story; do you remember the first one? Hint it was about basketball also.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

I think we’ll see a different Michigan team take the ice for the second half. We’ll need to play hard, smart, and with more intensity than we did last weekend if we want to come away with a split.

We typically play a “steady” game and get “steady” goaltending. If we get some bounces, if Greenham plays exceptionally well, or if the other team doesn’t bring their A game, then we usually take some points. If the bounces don’t come our way, Greenham is only “steady”, or if the other goaltender or team is playing inspired, then we lose. That’s why we are likely to split with everyone...Miami, Michigan, but also BG and Western. Actually, we were winless at Western so we won’t go there.

“Steady” won’t do it for us the second half. Let’s go boys, kick it into high gear.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Horrible. What happened to our O? Can Dallas right the ship? Last year it was all defense, this year it is all offence............. until now? Let’s find a happy medium. Come on boys take that loss personally.
                          All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

I was hoping for a birthday present from the university in the form of a win on friday. That teaches me a lesson about birthday wishes.
                            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                              I was hoping for a birthday present from the university in the form of a win on friday. That teaches me a lesson about birthday wishes.
                              Happy belated birthday, sorry you didn't get your wish. I got mine this year when UAA beat DU 7-3, boy it made a nice birthday present. Maybe UA_ will give you a belated present tonight.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see the response tonight. Yost has always been a black hole for us, but being on the doughnut end of 6-0 is unacceptable no matter where it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X