Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
    Seeing as the NCAA hockey season has begun, Hekki Lunta has blessed us with a snow storm!
    and in Denver too!!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
      A really fun night last night.

Misfits and band were in great form -- lots of noise.

NMU fans were few, unimaginative, and ultimately embarassed.

And I thought that our hockey team looked generally pretty good.

They cannot take this one away from us.
      let's do it again on Sunday!!!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

this will be a very interesting season. I think college hockey is getting tighter and tighter with the skill levels of the lower teams very close to those of the upper teams. Lake state will be a challenge.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Re: Blizzard today, but it should have rained HATS yesterday

Well I'm on my annual trek to Houghton this weekend and Tech got it off to a great start last night. If that game was under 3500 people, I would hate to be in the building when there are 4700 people in the stands.

Too bad that Brett got his hat trick after the game ended. I would have loved to see a thousand hats or so fill the rink. Oh well, five points isn't a bad start.

I think the new boxes/suites look great. Much better in person than any of the renderings. They blend into the existing rink very nicely. Now I'm trying to picture what they can do with the other end of the rink and bring the project the full 360, literally.

My favorite "spirit" moments were the chant that was something about NMU fan club followed by a single unison clap, the sign behind the penalty box which stated that as the limit of GPA approaches "0" MTU = NMU, and the Pep Band take on Proud Mary where they play the slow part one break and hold the last note until the next break, at which point they kick off the fast section and finish the tune. Overall one of the better Tech games I've ever attended in terms of overall experiance. (Winning never hurts either.)

Let's finish the weekend strong tomorrow with another "W"!

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            My favorite "spirit" moments were the chant that was something about NMU fan club followed by a single unison clap,
            "Northern has the" [clap]

Whoever came up with that one did good work
            @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
            I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

• Re: The *Clap*

Now it's actually even funnier!

Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Stupid NMU fans in our section couldn't think if anything better to say, so they resorted to "Husky Women" at odd moments.

The missus claimed they had some sort of dumba55 turret's syndrome.

I have never seem a lamer showing of Northern fans in our building.
                Huskeeeeez

Comment

How about it .

AHusky leading the nation in GOALS and POINTS>

Comment

So the biggest effing morons on the planet are sitting in the senior design lab right now. They called up Dominos to get half-off pizza. First they ask if they are still running the 5-5-5 deal. The woman says yes. They order their pizzas, and then ask for half off. She tells them the price for the 5-5-5 is $17ish, the price for half off is $15ish. They say they'll do the half off, then when they hang up, they start going ballistic about how $15 is not half off $17. What a bunch of stupid *** morons. You can't get half off an already running special, and $15 is definitely half off three pizzas. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. And this is in the senior design lab, so these morons are working on a real project for a real customer. Good luck with that. I hate all the dip****s at this school

Wow. 30 minutes after ordering, one of the morons figures it out. "They should have those rules posted" he says. What an idiot
                    Last edited by Boosh; 10-10-2009, 12:22 PM.
                    @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                    I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Last night's victory: more proof of how epic this thread is.
                      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

*****http://www.itscurious.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/jeffersons.jpg******

Movin' on up to page 1
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                        Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

So if anyone wants a craptastic looking jersey there's one for sale on ebay

Michigan Tech Hockey jersey
                          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post

Hardly official....
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post

*****http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/mtu07_04r_f_sm.jpg******+*****http://www.huskylink.mtu.edu/s/349/images/editor/Huskies%20text.jpg******=/=*****http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/mtu/mtu19_85r_f_sm.jpg******
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

It looks like a practice jersey or one that they might use during summer hockey camps.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X