Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season Thread: Let's go to Detroit. Twice.

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
    Not even the homeless want to live in North Dakota.
    They'd rather jump in the river and float to Winnipeg. Winnipeg!!!!! The only city in canada that could lose a hockey team to Phoenix! Maybe the homeless of Winnipeg, via North Dakota, could take "Jet" from Winnipeg to Phoenix, where it would be a decent place to live without a house.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Exactly.
      Hey now, a top half finish (4th or 5th) at some point in the next decade is not necessarily a pipe dream, IMHO. The MacNaughton on the other hand, definitely is.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Hey now, a top half finish (4th or 5th) at some point in the next decade is not necessarily a pipe dream, IMHO. The MacNaughton on the other hand, definitely is.
        The big jim trophy is always only a year away. All we have to do is take it back, we own it.
        That said, I'm much more in favor of going the Maine rout, and cheating our way to sucess.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          That said, I'm much more in favor of going the Maine rout, and cheating our way to sucess.
          Cheating just shows we care more!

W* > L
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I drank the KoolAid the one year (maybe 2 years ago?) when you guys only lost 3 or so guys, and predicted 5th place. No more.

Top half is a pipe dream. It's not a sewer main, but a pipe dream nonetheless.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I drank the KoolAid the one year (maybe 2 years ago?) when you guys only lost 3 or so guys, and predicted 5th place. No more.
              Yeah, that small class of seniors turned out to be a lot more important that everyone thought, unfortunately. Helminen, Batty, Skworch - there were some serious leadership qualities in those guys that we missed in 07-08.

Comment

Yeah, that small class of seniors turned out to be a lot more important that everyone thought, unfortunately. Helminen, Batty, Skworch - there were some serious leadership qualities in those guys that we missed in 07-08.
                Leadership was EXACTLY what bbdl and Shirtless said when I mentioned that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, that is because we actually know what the hell we're talking about, unlike most people.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well, that would seem to be the consensus on the subject after discussing it on and off for most of the summer of '08. Too many upperclassmen intentionally breaking sticks and taking irresponsible penalties instead of keeping the younger guys focused. In the end, Tech was six points out of a three-way tie for 4th. Win a couple more of the conference games that we should have won and the $h#t doesn't hit the proverbial fan quite so hard.

A few injuries played a factor in that season too, although not anywhere near as badly as they did last year.

Comment

Well, that would seem to be the consensus on the subject after discussing it on and off for most of the summer of '08. Too many upperclassmen intentionally breaking sticks and taking irresponsible penalties instead of keeping the younger guys focused. In the end, Tech was six points out of a three-way tie for 4th. Win a couple more of the conference games that we should have won and the $h#t doesn't hit the proverbial fan quite so hard.

A few injuries played a factor in that season too, although not anywhere near as badly as they did last year.
                      *cough* Jimmy Kerr *cough*

RIP - Kirby

Comment

*cough* Jimmy Kerr *cough*
                        Yeah, Footer too. In fact, I would say Shelast was the only senior who did his duties and completely lived up to expectations that season.

Comment

Well, that is because we actually know what the hell we're talking about, unlike most people.
                          Besides a few select players, I'm more opinionated on the team chemistry/performance concept. So when it comes to honest-to-Parise specifics, I try to get info from certain fans from each fanbase (which in turn helps my team-concept opinion).

But that's just me.

Comment

Huskies ready for exhibition
                            By K.D. Warvie - DMG Sports Writer

HOUGHTON - The coaches and players of the Michigan Tech hockey team have put last season behind them.

In fact, as the Huskies prepare for their exhibition opener against Ryerson Saturday (7:07 p.m.), last season's difficult campaign isn't even a topic of conversation.

"We haven't even talked about last year," Tech coach Jamie Russell said.

Instead, the Husky coaches and players have focused solely on this season and what it will take to have a successful year.

"Our No. 1 goal is to establish a team identity," Russell said. "Saturday will go a long way in establishing that."

Tech's identity during Russell's tenure to date has been one of a tough, defensive-minded team. This season, Russell wants to add the word offense to that description.

"We want to create more offense and score more goals," Russell said.

One way Russell hopes to generate more offensive opportunities is by moving former defenseman Drew Dobson to forward. Dobson, who saw some time up front last season, will be paired with Bennett Royer and Jordan Baker on one of the Huskies' top two lines.

Russell is also looking for more production from the line of Malcolm Gwilliam, Brett Olson and Alex MacLeod. He's hoping his top two lines will be able to shoulder most of the scoring burden.

Defensively, Russell will be keeping close tabs on a trio of newcomers to his defensive corps. Freshmen Steven Seigo, Tommy Brown and Carl Nielsen will all get plenty of ice time in the opener.

Brown and Seigo are known for their offense while Nielsen is more of a stay-at-home defenseman. All three will be vying for ice time with only five experienced players returning to the defense this season.

Another freshman, goaltender Kevin Genoe, will get some time between the pipes.

Tech won the recruiting war over several schools to land the talented young netminder.

Genoe will be the primary backup to Tech's No. 1 goalie Josh Robinson. Robinson, who saw action in 20 games last season, will get the start against Ryerson.

K.D. Warvie can be reached at kwarvie@ mininggazette.com.
                            Huskeeeeez

Comment

Good Morning! (sips kool aid laced coffee) Someday WE WILL bring Big Jim's trophy home!! I know it! I know it! Its not a crazy fantasy! It will happen, it will it will it will!! (wipes drool off)

Resume discussion.

BTW, I'm a tad cranky this morning. I woke up in St Cloud. And I'm missing the game tonight.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

St. Clod when you could be here?

(shakes head in wonder)
                                Huskeeeeez

Comment

Working...
                                X