PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

allnightwong
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Very interesting that Clarke is starting in net tonight. Let's hope we don't regret not going with the hot hand.

QUBobcats70
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't think the goaltender is the problem tonight. After one period QU is losing 1 - 0. OSU took 25 shots on goal...

MarkEagleUSA
10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't think the goaltender is the problem tonight.Like last night they were a little timid in the first. They have stepped it up so far in the 2nd.

The OSU goal was off a big fat rebound that Clarke should have had.

MarkEagleUSA
10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
A much better 2nd period, but the 5-on-3 should have produced at least one. In addition to having a 2-man advantage, one of the OSU defenders had no stick! :eek: A missed opportunity that I hope doesn't come back to haunt them.

allnightwong
10-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Lamps Shorty!!!

MarkEagleUSA
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Way to go Q! :cool:

Nice way to start the season. Good solid play to finish again tonight. Now all they need to do is work on the 1st period and they'll be in great shape.

MarkEagleUSA
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
This road sweep is a huge way to start the season. A great accomplishment and confidence booster. Nice job, boys! :cool:

FredDavenport
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Congrats 2-0 Bobcats,

Great Sweep over the Buckeyes!

If you missed the game broadcast, the postgame show is now up at:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&KEY=&ATCLID=3759574

BoomGoestheDynamite
10-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Way to walk into their building and sweep. Good wins for the conference's reputation. Thanks guys.

critsports
10-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Way to go Q! :cool:

Nice way to start the season. Good solid play to finish again tonight. Now all they need to do is work on the 1st period and they'll be in great shape.

Wow.......what an impressive start to the season for you guys. Going in I'd have to say you would have been happy to get a split but to come out with two wins......wow!!!!

Looks like your tender must have played pretty well in game two. Looking at the box OSU came out with a lot more energy and shots on goal. A credit to your tender to stand up to that and come out with the "W".

My Saints weren't so lucky. I don't want to say it's going to be a long year for us but I think it will be. .500 will be an achievement I think with all the players we lost. We got shut out tonight 3-0 by a very highly ranked UML team. (Third goal was an empty netter). Coaches comments seemed positive though. We had a couple of guys playing D tonight that have been on the team for a few years and one never got a sniff of game time and the other rarely.

I'll look for you this year Mark when I go to watch one of Q's games.

Mike

MinniQUFan
10-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Already exceeding expectations!

PUBand09
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
I can't believe it! INCH picked you guys to be 44th, and the bobcats just beat #17!!! Way to rep the "EZAC." Looks like a competitive year for the conference; maybe we'll even get to see more than 3 teams in the NCAAs this year.

Boomer Boozer
10-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Great sweep this weekend, great way to increase recruiting and great morale booster. Hopefully we can find a constant in net, overall nothing but positives especially playing without JMB. Coming in we thought 1 win was optimistic and we left with two impressive W's. THUNDER!!!!!!

RSTuthill
10-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Wow, you guys look like your team is for real this year!!

Gotta get down there to see a game.

FredDavenport
10-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Bobcast of Game Two Game and Postgame are up at:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&KEY=&ATCLID=3759574

allnightwong
10-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Especially playing without JMB.

Yeah no one has seemed to mention that. I think winning without him is huge. He is arguably our best on ice talent and definitively our vocal and emotional leader. To go into a CCHA barn or in this case convention center and handle the No. 17 team without him is remarkable.

I'm a little disappointed in our buddy Chip over at the Register. I won't go as far as to say two of the biggest wins in program history, because as Bama-Huntsville showed crazy shyt happens at the beginning of the season, BUT the wins together warranted much more than a little recap at the bottom of the third page. Chip has brought great college hockey coverage to our area and hopefully will continue to do so. However, I don't doubt for one second that if it was Yale winning in Columbus, he would go bonkers and write up something huge similar to their season preview. Just an opinion.

But we won't let that take away from a great road weekend. Go Q!

ZYanksRule
10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Chip is also the Register's UCONN Football beat writer -- he cant be in two places at once.

allnightwong
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I didn't want him to be there. But with more than enough sources at his disposal he could have easily put something with a little more meat together. We also did not receive a season preview this year. One (predicted) down year and they drop you like a hot potato.

yalebulldogfan
10-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats on the start. I'd love to see New Haven have two powerhouses this year.

MarkEagleUSA
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah no one has seemed to mention that.Does it count if I was thinking about it? :rolleyes:

I think winning without him is huge. He is arguably our best on ice talent and definitively our vocal and emotional leader.Not sure I agree with your best talent statement, but he is definitely the right guy to wear the "C".

Without JMB in Ohio, others had no choice but to step up. Wong did about what he was supposed to. Lampe without a doubt was the star of the series with an honorable mention to Clarke and Hartzell who kept us in it both nights. But the supporting cast did its job as well. From both the video and the QUN audio, it didn't appear that anyone took a shift off or mailed it in. That's something we really haven't seen consistently enough.

The last few seasons would see us start games on fire and then run out of gas and/or coast in the 3rd period. The fact that they skated harder as the game(s) wore on against OSU is what really impressed me. If that's a sign of things to come I think we could be in for a fairly good season, at least better than the media seems to think.

Character, leadership, heart and desire... we've been wondering when we would see those traits from top to bottom on the roster. This series showcased some of them so maybe we're turning the corner.