PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51

allnightwong
01-22-2010, 10:16 PM
How did Cadieux play?

Crappy. Start Hartz tomorrow.

umassfan49
01-23-2010, 01:09 AM
I don't mean any disrespect, but honestly what the hell happened to this team? It seems like just yesterday I was leaving the TD Bank Sportscenter after Brandon Wong buried UMass in OT. It was the one time after a game that I wasn't angry about a loss, but extremely impressed with the other team. QU's team speed and chemistry looked amazing, especially Wong and Lampe. Now you guys are losing to teams like Niagara!? This team is way better than that.

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 04:30 AM
I don't mean any disrespect, but honestly what the hell happened to this team?
QU's team speed and chemistry looked amazing, especially Wong and Lampe. Now you guys are losing to teams like Niagara!? This team is way better than that.We'd all like to know what happened too... :o

We're still the same team we were way back on November 28th with one minor exception: that chemistry you speak of!

This write-up (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NCAA-Hockey-101-Five-teams-you-don-t-want-to-pl?urn=nhl,215282) sums it up pretty well:

The Bobcats might be a case of what happens when scouting and word of mouth gets around. You can see it in any game they're in now where a team gets a lead that their heads get down and they get that, "Oh crap, here we go again" look on their faces. Losing games is frustrating, sure, but somewhere along the way it's gotten in their heads that once they're down they're doomed to lose.It's really a shame that the team hasn't been able to figure it out for themselves.

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 04:34 AM
People close to the program: Are we allowed to point fingers yet or is it not yet clear there's something wrong that needs to be addressed?We don't have that many fingers! There's a lot wrong... :o :mad:

Crappy. Start McGann tomorrow.FYP

Quinn57
01-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Sorry Mark- wrote that last night while pretty frustrated. Not directed at anyone specifically, just tired of the same story every year around this time.

Nice link and that guy is spot on when he says, "Losing games is frustrating, sure, but somewhere along the way it's gotten in their heads that once they're down they're doomed to lose."

Has to be some accountability for this.

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Has to be some accountability for this.Maybe it's the optimist in me, but the problem really seems to be with Lady Luck. They just cannot catch a break offensively. That gets them back on their heels where they clench up and start pressing.

We started fine last night. Early on we had a flury in front of the net. We were peppering the Niagara goalie, we had bodies around the net, the place was buzzing... and the ref waves off what appeared to be a goal. At that point the tires started to deflate and you could actually feel the momentum swing. They basically chased it around for the rest of the game.

Two goals on 50 shots!!! I don't know how many times we all looked at each other in amazement that a puck didn't find the net. It wasn't a great performance by a goalie, or even big time D in front of then net. It was plain old rotten luck, and it was almost comical.

All we can hope for is a little better luck tonight. A win would be huge on so many levels but most importantly to get even a little momentum heading into the final third of the season. It's all league action after tonight and there's very little margin of error left.

starlessixisky
01-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Maybe it's the optimist in me, but the problem really seems to be with Lady Luck. They just cannot catch a break offensively. That gets them back on their heels where they clench up and start pressing.

We started fine last night. Early on we had a flury in front of the net. We were peppering the Niagara goalie, we had bodies around the net, the place was buzzing... and the ref waves off what appeared to be a goal. At that point the tires started to deflate and you could actually feel the momentum swing. They basically chased it around for the rest of the game.

Two goals on 50 shots!!! I don't know how many times we all looked at each other in amazement that a puck didn't find the net. It wasn't a great performance by a goalie, or even big time D in front of then net. It was plain old rotten luck, and it was almost comical.

All we can hope for is a little better luck tonight. A win would be huge on so many levels but most importantly to get even a little momentum heading into the final third of the season. It's all league action after tonight and there's very little margin of error left.

I have to agree. Yes, we have played some <i>terrible</i> periods in our last ten games, but there have been other games, like last night, that we should have won and one blow after another came and we'd get demolished. The lucky shots we got in the beginning of the year to go in are now finding any way possible to avoid the net.

That first goal last night that was waved off, it managed to never cross the line. I couldnt see if just the goalie's feet grabbed it or a defensemen got a stick in there, but no goal was the end result. We hit the post once on a terrific shot, not to mention how many times was Niagara's goalie flailing around on his back and still managed to catch the puck. The dumb refs blew the whistle on two still-active pucks.

I'm not saying we necessarily should have won that game last night, since our goaltending was pretty shoddy, but there is no way we should have had only two goals. It shoulda been at least four or five.

starlessixisky
01-23-2010, 08:35 AM
On another note, it's pretty sad that on gameday at 3 p.m. we're the only Q faithful on the thread. Don't jump ship so quickly Bobcat Nation we ain't dead yet.

I don't post much the day of a game, but as my residents were telling me last night with five minutes left to play and we were still down by 5 and i was screaming "let's go Q!!!!", "we're pretty sure you're the only person in here who still has team spirit..."

I'm not giving up anytime soon :D

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 08:45 AM
I don't post much the day of a game, but as my residents were telling me last night with five minutes left to play and we were still down by 5 and i was screaming "let's go Q!!!!", "we're pretty sure you're the only person in here who still has team spirit..."I wonder where you get that from? :D

Did you point up at us? Granted, I don't think we had any optimism left at that point... but wonger did a really nice Sieve! chant after Arndt's goal! ;)

I'm not giving up anytime soon :DNeither am I. Real fans never do. Just ask wonger... he roots for the Cubs! :eek:

allnightwong
01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
I wonder where you get that from? :D

Did you point up at us? Granted, I don't think we had any optimism left at that point... but wonger did a really nice Sieve! chant after Arndt's goal! ;)

Neither am I. Real fans never do. Just ask wonger... he roots for the Cubs! :eek:

It's Gonna Happen...for the Cubs and the Q!

MCL298
01-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by allnightwong
Crappy. Start McGann tomorrow.

I would be happy if McGann started. At this point what do we have to lose?

This team will catch a break at some point. Hopefully it starts tonight

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 11:49 AM
This team will catch a break at some point.That's all they need... catch a break early (lucky, ugly... anything) and get the mindset going in the right direction. Who knows, maybe it'll open the floodgates, too (I'm the eternal optimist).

I'd like to see Cadieux get the start tonight. Clarke definitely needs some time to compose himself. Hartzell hasn't had an impressive game lately. Cadieux has been the bullpen guy, so I can't fault him for being rough in relief. Give him a start or two to build some confidence and see what happens. It's not like there's much risk in doing so.

Standings-wise, tonight's game means nothing. It's all about pride and momentum. There are no mulligans left on the schedule. The team just has to loosen up a bit. Go out and try to have some fun. When they were scoring 4+ goals a game, they were enjoying themselves, and the confidence showed.

Go Q!

6AMSK8er
01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Apperars that they have forgotten how to win. They look like they are playing to not loose versus playing to win (like at the beginning of the season). Coaches need to do something to turn the psyche around.

Quinn57
01-23-2010, 12:56 PM
"Standings-wise, tonight's game means nothing."

Good point Mark. We've effectively played ourselves out of a hope for at large bid at this point. So in that regard, I'd send Clarke out and just tell the team to focus on doing the little things right and carry it on into the net weekend which means a whole lot more now to postseason aspirations than tonight.

allnightwong
01-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Was just skimming through the guide and saw that tonight's game will be aired on FCS (Fox College Sports) which is ch. 623 on my DirecTV. I had no idea this game would be on, and am still quite skeptical. But it clearly reads 7 p.m. Niagara @ Quinnipiac. I could care less cause I will obviously be at the game, but I really don't want TV timeouts.

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I had no idea this game would be on, and am still quite skeptical. But it clearly reads 7 p.m. Niagara @ Quinnipiac. I could care less cause I will obviously be at the game, but I really don't want TV timeouts.The game notes (http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=204872323) contain this blurb:

Saturday Night Broadcast
Saturday night's game against Niagara will be televised live on the Niagara Sports Network and Fox College Sports Pacific.FCS-P is channel 264 on Comcast and it's in the Comcast guide as well.

Get ready for the white light from the scorer's box!

starlessixisky
01-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah, if you read the QU sports write up on last night's game it says tonight's game will be on DirectTV channel 623

media time outs blow. but maybe the breaks will help Q maintain some composure?

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Since this thread will be locked after a couple more posts, I started a new one here (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4582335#post4582335).

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Time to say goodbye to this thread...

See http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4582335#post4582335

MarkEagleUSA
01-23-2010, 09:40 PM
This ought to do it...

See http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?p=4582335#post4582335.