This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Yeah PEI proved to be a tough opponent today. QU cruised to an early 3-0 lead only to see it disappear with 3 straight PEI goals. After beating them pretty handily last season it did surprise me a little, but we were sitting 4 regulars (Hansen, Holt, Lampe and Atkinson)

Hartzell wasnt really tested but looked much more under control than Cadieux. Both Barron and Dalhuisen looked strong defensively which is important after losing so much D.

Our sophomores were skating hard. (Heichman, Zurvy and Yuri).

Overall not a bad game and it was very interesting to see all the new faces. It'll be neat to see who gets to dress on Thursday when hopefully those four regulars are back. Till then Go Q!

Comment

Not much to add to what wonger said, though I was very impressed with several of the freshmen. There was a lot of promise on the ice tonight. It'll be very interesting to see how the lines work out.

As always, I'm very optimistic going into the season opener.
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Langlois was also especially impressive.

If you want to check out our new Dutch Defenseman kicking some tail follow this link and go to the two videos. Seems like he can seriously handle himself.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/6396

Comment

Overall, I was very impressed with the team. For a first game, they didn't play too bad. I was a big fan of Dalhuisen, seems he can bring a lot to the team. Not very impressed with Cadieux, but will have to see what the season has to bring.
          Nice job Q!
          Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
            I was a big fan of Dalhuisen, seems he can bring a lot to the team.
            I agree. Big, physical presence, skates well, and has a cannon!

Not very impressed with Cadieux
            In his defense, he did come into the game midway through the 2nd with no warmup time. Sure he was a little shaky, but at that point the whole team appeared to be a little gassed.

will have to see what the season has to bring.
            I saw a lot to look forward to. There was an abundance of potential out there last night. If the coaches can form the right line combinations I think we'll be alright

BTW, by far the most aggressive guy on the ice yesterday was Ben Ketchum. He was hustling every shift. Most of the freshmen were as well.

Thursday and Friday will be big tests for this team. A split would be nice but I'll settle for 2 well played games regardless of the final score. Momentum and confidence go a long way...
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Thursday and Friday will be big tests for this team. A split would be nice but I'll settle for 2 well played games regardless of the final score. Momentum and confidence go a long way...
              Anyone coming to Columbus???

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                I was hoping to but couldn't finalize the details.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

By the way, what song did they end up using? Was it good?

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
                    what song did they end up using?
                    They're not announcing it until next week at Midnight Madness. Sunday at the 'Bank was pretty tame; we didn't even hear the bobcat growl!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

What are our chances against Ohio? If you look at the rankings we are in tough.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWESTBOBCATFAN View Post
                        What are our chances against Ohio?
                        What concerns me more than anything is the fact that we're going up against the Buckeyes as our first real test. Historically we've never done well on these season-opening road trips.

I know nothing about OSU so I can't even begin to think how we match up. The key is probably desire... how badly do the guys want it?

Taking 2 to start the season would be a huge confidence booster, but I'll settle for a split. Whatever the outcome, I just hope they play 2 sood, solid games.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by tic tac toe View Post
                          I'm making the trek from Hamden to Columbus and will be at both games against OSU. I'll offer my unbiased (yeah, right) opinions after each game. OSU was beaten by UWO and should be motivated. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Comment

Just looked at the stats of OSU's exhibition game and they took 12 penalties....they might be a bunch of goons. they were also 0-6 on power plays. yes i know it was a exhibition game but still i have a good feeling about this weekend.
                            GO Quinnipiac

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
                              OSU was beaten by UWO and should be motivated. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people this year.
                              OSU was something like the 3rd or 5 youngest NCAA team last year. Still a young team, only one senior. Last season the Buckeyes had wins against Denver, Mich, Miami and Norte Dame. They also had losses against some weaklings.
                              Dalpe may be top scorer this season, he had some nice moves against Western.
                              Kid name Hunter Bishop may be out, he should be a 1st or 2nd liner.
                              First game of the season should be motivation enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWESTBOBCATFAN
                                Unfortunately we are without our captain for the 2 games. Knee injury.
                                JMB?!? Say it ain't so! That's a tough way to start the season.

The rest of the guys are going to have to step up and gut it out.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X