PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51

Quinn57
01-21-2010, 07:58 AM
It's somewhere in the 800s Mark. At least down here in Philly. 858 is NHLN HD and its somewhere around there.

MinniQUFan
01-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Listening to KFAN in Minnesota today (that's the main Minnesota sports radio station) QU hockey was mentioned. Not a good shout out... as they were mentioned as one of the crappy teams that St Cloud beat recently... then the hockey expert they had on was raving about Cornell and going to Lynah was on his hockey bucket list.

starlessixisky
01-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Any predictions for tomorrow?

Niagara has not been nice to us the past few years, I believe we've only won two of the games we have played them in, which I must say our win at the NIP is one of the best darn games of hockey I have ever seen...

I haven't read QU Athletic's page about this weekends games yet

MarkEagleUSA
01-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Any predictions for tomorrow?I think I'm done with predictions, at least as far as scores go... :(

Niagara has not been nice to us the past few years, I believe we've only won two of the games we have played them inThey have been a nemesis. They're having a bad year at least in terms of their record but I think they're probably a better club than it shows. If we can play with the same level of intensity we had in the "good" periods last weekend, and find a way to get the puck in the net, I'd say our chances are good.

The key is our offense. We need to find that magic 4+ goals per game we had way back when. When we score we win. It's an interesting concept...

Go Q!

MarkEagleUSA
01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
It's somewhere in the 800s Mark. At least down here in Philly. 858 is NHLN HD and its somewhere around there.It appears that CBCCS-HD and NHL-HD are not available here with Comcast in greater New Haven as far as I can tell. :(

A Shot and a Goal
01-21-2010, 05:29 PM
It appears that CBCCS-HD and NHL-HD are not available here with Comcast in greater New Haven as far as I can tell. :(

So Q-Man, are you on "IR" this weekend or will you be in the lineup versus the Purple Eagles of Nigeria?

;)

MarkEagleUSA
01-21-2010, 05:30 PM
So Q-Man, are you on "IR" this weekend or will you be in the lineup versus the Purple Eagles of Nigeria?I'll be in my usual perch at the Bank! :D

Don't you have a ski lift to catch? ;)

A Shot and a Goal
01-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll be in my usual perch at the Bank! :D

Don't you have a ski lift to catch? ;)

My wife and I leave tomorrow midday. Ski Sat-Sun-Mon and then home Monday night. Two days in Breckenridge, one day in Vail.

MarkEagleUSA
01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
My wife and I leave tomorrow midday. Ski Sat-Sun-Mon and then home Monday night. Two days in Breckenridge, one day in Vail.Well, at least it'll be quiet around here for a few days... :p

Have a great time! ;)

6AMSK8er
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Niagara has a solid team with a lot of speed. They've suffered from defensive lapses and very inconsistent goaltending.

allnightwong
01-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Niagara is a team that has given QU fits. I don't know the exact number but they've taken it to us something like 8 of the last 10. They have seemingly turned their season around as I mentioned in a previous post. They started out awful, something like 0-8-2 and since rambled off quality wins against Bemidji, RIT and a handful of ECAC schools. They, by no means, should be taken lightly.

That being said, a thorn in our side for the last four years facing Niagara has been Juliano Pagliero. He has since graduated and left Niagara searching for an adequate replacement. They've tried three this year and non have impressed, at least statistically. Hopefully, this will not continue the trend of Quinnipiac running into a hot goalie. Dunn and Lee were outstanding for SCSU last weekend and the same can be said for Milan and York the previous weekend. If Q can score early and often, I believe the flood gates will open against the Purple Eagles and create a must needed stress release program for the Bobcats.

I hope to see Clarkie in net, he has earned the number one title and should be counted on for the rest of the season. With the exit of Dickinson, let's hope someone fills that void with as much responsibility and stalwartness on the defensive end that Dicky exhibited. And PLEASE can some of our big names find the back of the net...that means you Lamps, Wong, JMB, Mookie!

All this being said, and even with Niagara owning us in the back of my head...I believe we sweep and regain some momentum heading into the conference home stretch starting next weekend in Hanover and at home against Cornell and 'Gate.

Friday: Bobcats 3, Niagara 1
Saturday: Bobcats 5, Niagara 3

Go Q!

MarkEagleUSA
01-22-2010, 09:25 AM
They, by no means, should be taken lightly.

That being said, a thorn in our side for the last four years facing Niagara has been Juliano Pagliero. He has since graduated and left Niagara searching for an adequate replacement. They've tried three this year and non have impressed, at least statistically.
If Q can score early and often, I believe the flood gates will open against the Purple Eagles and create a must needed stress release program for the Bobcats.

And PLEASE can some of our big names find the back of the net...that means you Lamps, Wong, JMB, Mookie!You know, this is exactly why I keep you around! About the only thing you didn't address is what color tie Kevin should wear tonight! :p

For as good as Dunn and Lee were last weekend, we could have easily beaten them both with a couple of bounces. All we need is a little offensive production from our big guns. We're playing well enough otherwise IMHO.

Go Q!

allnightwong
01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
You know, this is exactly why I keep you around! About the only thing you didn't address is what color tie Kevin should wear tonight! :p

I'll go turquoise. It would seem to fit his personality.

On another note, it's pretty sad that on gameday at 3 p.m. we're the only Q faithful on the thread. Don't jump ship so quickly Bobcat Nation we ain't dead yet.

MinniQUFan
01-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I'll go turquoise. It would seem to fit his personality.

On another note, it's pretty sad that on gameday at 3 p.m. we're the only Q faithful on the thread. Don't jump ship so quickly Bobcat Nation we ain't dead yet.

Haha, I've got other sports fish to fry this weekend... and hopefully in 2 weekends.

allnightwong
01-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Haha, I've got other sports fish to fry this weekend... and hopefully in 2 weekends.

Go Bears! Da Bears!

MarkEagleUSA
01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
There are no words... :mad: :o :(

FredDavenport
01-22-2010, 08:57 PM
lots of shots...and there are still no goals. The Bobcats will be back...

ZYanksRule
01-22-2010, 09:06 PM
There are no words... :mad: :o :(

Niagara.

That's the only word.

MCL298
01-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I hope to see Clarkie in net, he has earned the number one title and should be counted on for the rest of the season.
Go Q!

Earlier today i was going to comment on this but work was pretty busy. I was going to say that I think Clarke earned the #1 spot earlier in the season but has lost it and the #1 job should be opened up again. Not taking tonight into consideration i still feel the same way. Clarke has not shown that he is consistent at any point in his QU career so far. Last year he took the #1 job from Bud then lost it at the end of the season. I'll admit I'm a big Bud fan but I think Bud was a better goalie, especially when comparing their freshmen and sophomore years.

I was not able to make the game tonight but I will be there tomorrow. I can't believe we had 49 shots and 2 goals while they had 27 shots and 6 goals. How did Cadieux play?

Each week I think it can't get any worse and they prove me wrong.
Hoping, wishing, praying for a win tomorrow.

Quinn57
01-22-2010, 10:14 PM
1-9-1 since no. 4 ranking.

People close to the program: Are we allowed to point fingers yet or is it not yet clear there's something wrong that needs to be addressed?