X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Ya, he was recalled by Milwaukee of the AHL from a loan to Cinci of the ECHL.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/home/transactions.html

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...1207moves.html
    Yeah recalled by Milwaukee that's been happening quite a bit with all of our formers. A call up to Nashville would be something else.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
      It looks like Mark and myself will be heading to Holy Cross on Thursday.
      Yup, wonger and I are headed up to Worcester tomorrow. I hope the boys have had time to regroup and refocus.

These next 2 games aren't going to be gimme's, but we should be able to handle them both. I'd like to see some of our offensive mojo return tomorrow night, as well as some solid D. My guess is Clarke gets a rest and Hartzell starts, but whoever is in net needs to be on their game. I'll take the 'Cats 5-1.

Go Q!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I'll go 4-1 in a rusty bounce back win.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Yup, wonger and I are headed up to Worcester tomorrow. I hope the boys have had time to regroup and refocus.

These next 2 games aren't going to be gimme's, but we should be able to handle them both. I'd like to see some of our offensive mojo return tomorrow night, as well as some solid D. My guess is Clarke gets a rest and Hartzell starts, but whoever is in net needs to be on their game. I'll take the 'Cats 5-1.

Go Q!
          I agree.
          On paper we should win both games. Heaven forbid we are swept, no disrespect to either team, but that would be demoralizing.

Looking forward to heading to the Q for the AIC game

Comment

Lets take care of business tonight boys!

Comment

Originally posted by HOFFA2651 View Post
              Lets take care of business tonight boys!
              Heck yeah! Welcome aboard Hoffa.

Comment

I think the guys are ready to bounce back from last weekend and predict tonight's score as 6 - 0. Wonder which of our talented goaltenders is going to get the shutout?

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post
                  I think the guys are ready to bounce back from last weekend
                  Apparently not...

It was an absolute lackluster performance by the Bobcats. They should have been all over HC but couldn't find any rhythm it seemed.

All I can say is that I hope they've hit a wall or something and that the holiday break is coming at the right time. If they're going to have a let down, now is the time instead of during the stretch run in the 2nd half.

Who would have thought a game against AIC in mid-december would be a must-win?

Ugh...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

No more predictions from me

Hope the students take a break from studying on Saturday and show up for the game against AIC.

Go Q!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Apparently not...

It was an absolute lackluster performance by the Bobcats. They should have been all over HC but couldn't find any rhythm it seemed.

All I can say is that I hope they've hit a wall or something and that the holiday break is coming at the right time. If they're going to have a let down, now is the time instead of during the stretch run in the 2nd half.

Who would have thought a game against AIC in mid-december would be a must-win?

Ugh...
                      Nice seeing you and AllNightWonger at the game. I came away with one thought after watching the lackluster 1-1 tie. That being you can be a top 10 team or a bottom 10 team....in college hockey today there isn't a "huge" difference and it reaffirms to me that unless a team comes out with their best effort.....just about any result is possible. Q is and was heavily favored and will be the same against AIC. However, unless you come out with intensity and just try to mail it in and win on your "rep" alone....it ain't always going to go in your favor.
                      There are very few teams in the country that are so loaded and talented that they can win easily on less than 100% effort or with a lacklustre performance. We now know for certain that Q isn't one of them.

One area of concern last night was their offense. Dump and chase, dump and chase.....OR....home run pass, home run pass. To improve they need more puck posession, even with backpassing to control the puck and control posession. But hey, I'm an SLU fan I don't want to give you too many suggestions (not that Pecknold would ever read this).
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        Nice seeing you and AllNightWonger at the game.
                        As always it was nice seeing you too. I hope you didn't sacrifice too much to join us!

unless a team comes out with their best effort.....just about any result is possible.
                        We certainly witnessed that first-hand last night!

One area of concern last night was their offense. Dump and chase, dump and chase.....OR....home run pass, home run pass. To improve they need more puck posession, even with backpassing to control the puck and control posession.
                        Pecknold seems to love the dump & chase... it's been a trademark of his ever since I've been following the team.

Wonger and I discussed everything right & wrong with this team on the ride home (ok, so it was mostly the wrong ). One thing we agreed on is that all the cycling down low in the corners or behind the goal does nothing to get pucks on net. Get the rubber out to the point more often so that those guys can rip one towards the net. There were only 1 or 2 of those last night but they were decent scoring chances. And that's exactly what worked against us with Yale and Brown.

Of course, last night it seemed the HC was doing a pretty good job in the neutral zone so one of our only options was to dump & chase. The few times that guys were able to skate the puck in was when they were all alone with no real help in the offensive zone.

But hey, I'm an SLU fan
                        Nobody's perfect!

I don't want to give you too many suggestions
                        I, for one, don't mind constructive crit-icism or observation. It usually just re-affirms what I already know but also points out a thing or to that my blue & gold colored glasses don't always see!

Again, it was great seeing you Mike. Be safe and enjoy the holidays! Hopefully we'll see you again at the Bank during the second half.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Yikes, and a week ago today, we were talking about running the table till the end of the calendar year.

Hopefully the two weeks off will stoke the fires. Otherwise the fast start will have been all for naught.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                            Hopefully the two weeks off will stoke the fires.
                            Last night they certainly looked a step or two behind so maybe the time off will get them recharged and refocused.

I completely agree with Sullivan's note in this week's column:
                            There is no reason why QU couldn't — and shouldn't — positively light up AIC and get things back on track. 6-1 Bobcats.
                            The game tomorrow is much more important to this team than just an addition to the win column.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I haven't paid enough attention to actually notice, but have the lines been switching up over the past few games? because in the beginning of the season our offense was very noticeable and as of late they are no where to be found. has there been consistent lines or is rand still playing around with them? that might explain some of the problem, just no good chemistry on the lines.
                              these past three games we've been able to get little done offensively. granted, i think all three teams we have played (correct me if i'm wrong about last night since i wasn't there) has effectively shut down our offense, but there is still a lack of intensity that we have all noticed that also explains our lack of goals.
                              something is going on here, and who knows what it really could be
                              Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

It's far from a sure thing but collegehockeystats publishes a line chart along w/ the box score. Were these the primary pairings last night Mark or Wong?

http://collegehockeystats.net/0910/boxes/mhcrqui1.d10

Interested to hear what happened. Can't blame too many penalties for this one. Power play efficiency didn't help.

One of the major issues this year might be our lack of, for lack of a cliche, killer instinct. Once we take the lead all too often our play drops off and allows the opposition to get back in the game. Starting with that Darmouth game this has been something that's quietly been a problem for QU. Fortunately we've been able to wake up in time to put out the fire with a late goal (Dartmouth, Colgate, Cornell) or grab an OT winner.

Not being able to maintain focus throughout the duration of the game is a recipe for disaster for any team. This was a game many would have thought a top 10 team nationally wouldn't have to count on late game heroics.

Comment

Working...
                                X