PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

allnightwong
01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Here's some good news/bad news....

Jamie Bates had a "career" game (http://www.stocktonthunder.com/news/latestnews/?article_id=1165) last night with a 4 goals in a 5-point effort against the Utah Grizzlies, setting and tying a couple of team records! Way to rep the Q, Jamie! :cool:

Now for the bad news... if you check the boxscore (http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=7545) you'll see that Sorteberg was a -4 for Grizzlies. Welcome to Utah, Matt! :eek:

That's incredible. Maybe he'll open up some eyes and at the very least get to play at the AHL level. I've said it for a while now in my updates on our alumni, I believe size-wise and skill, he has the best shot at making to the highest level of our current minor leaguers. Keep it up Jamie. As for Matt, even the best have games like that. He'll be fine.

critsports
01-17-2010, 10:10 AM
It was great seeing everyone tonight, saw way too many people to name... was a good time at The Bank, I'm hoping to make it up for another game before the year's out.

Dude.......put some mustard on that dog will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZYanksRule
01-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Dude.......put some mustard on that dog will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way, Jose!

MarkEagleUSA
01-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Dude.......put some mustard on that dog will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hey, Mike! How's your new t-shirt? :D Be honest... wearing blue & gold isn't that bad, is it? :cool: I only wish I had taken a picture for the next time I visit the Hoot! :p

Thanks to you and your brother-in-law for being good sports! ;) Hopefully he enjoyed the game?... he got pretty enthusiastic when the action heated up (and I noticed you did as well).

MarkEagleUSA
01-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I believe size-wise and skill, he has the best shot at making to the highest level of our current minor leaguers. Keep it up Jamie.I haven't followed the alumni as closely as you but I have to believe Jamie has to be one of, if not the most successful thus far. That's good for him, us, and the school! :cool:

As for Matt, even the best have games like that. He'll be fine.Yeah, I know. If you're gonna get schooled by someone, why not a former teammate? :eek:

critsports
01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey, Mike! How's your new t-shirt? :D Be honest... wearing blue & gold isn't that bad, is it? :cool: I only wish I had taken a picture for the next time I visit the Hoot! :p

Thanks to you and your brother-in-law for being good sports! ;) Hopefully he enjoyed the game?... he got pretty enthusiastic when the action heated up (and I noticed you did as well).

Mark......I have no idea what you are talking about or referring to. :eek: What game??? What t-shirt???

Thanks again and my brother in law had a great time.....

allnightwong
01-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Mark......I have no idea what you are talking about or referring to. :eek: What game??? What t-shirt???

Thanks again and my brother in law had a great time.....

Glad to hear it. I know he had my back with that St. Cloud clown. :cool:

MinniQUFan
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds like some excitement at the Bank despite the on ice final outcome.

allnightwong
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Sounds like some excitement at the Bank despite the on ice final outcome.

Ehh not really. I'm a lover not a fighter. But going into the third period it seemed like we needed something to get us going.

MarkEagleUSA
01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Well... is anyone surprised? No mention in the INCH Power Rankings or USA Today, and we're out of the top-20 here at USCHO (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/) (but still got 47 votes at #22). To go with the current thread title, it's now time to claw our way back into the polls.

On a positive note, the women's team got a point and a mention in the women's poll. Has that ever happened before?

allnightwong
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Well... is anyone surprised? No mention in the INCH Power Rankings or USA Today, and we're out of the top-20 here at USCHO (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/) (but still got 47 votes at #22). To go with the current thread title, it's now time to claw our way back into the polls.

On a positive note, the women's team got a point and a mention in the women's poll. Has that ever happened before?

Nope. First time ever. Beating 3 straight ranked opponents will do that for ya. Good for them.

Quinn57
01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
1-8-1 since the top 5 ranking. It's getting ridiculous.

Since there are people from the athletic dept on here, think I heard a while back that the Cornell/Colgate weekend will be on CBS-College Sports. If this is up to you, PLEASE have this shot in HD. I'm sure it's viewed as a marketing/recruiting tool and the difference in definition for the viewer is worth the cost. Thanks.

MinniQUFan
01-19-2010, 09:09 AM

Since there are people from the athletic dept on here, think I heard a while back that the Cornell/Colgate weekend will be on CBS-College Sports. If this is up to you, PLEASE have this shot in HD. I'm sure it's viewed as a marketing/recruiting tool and the difference in definition for the viewer is worth the cost. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure accomplishing something like that isn't as easy as you think. To broadcast even one camera in HD, means the entire broadcast has to be converted to a high definition signal, which is kinda pointless and expensive for just one shot. Also, does CBS-College Sports even have an HD channel... and if so, is there anyone who gets it? A NESN broadcast would be the logical venue to put out an HD game as it is the one HD station that just about every single person with an HDTV in New England gets.

I don't know if I'd worry about marketing/recruiting and HD being an issue. Even the U of Minnesota (who has every game broadbasted on Fox Sports Net North) doesn't broadcast in HD.

Yeah, an HD broadcast would be "ahead of the times" for college hockey, but if it's gonna be done, it's gotta be done right. Believe it or not, there are still professional sports teams who don't have all their games broadcast in HD... and it's because its still expensive to do.

critsports
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM

Not going to happen. It's not just cost but the amount of HD camera availability for sports is still a very limited and finite number. You are talking something of the magnitude of the BC/BU Outdoor game before NESN would even THINK about a college hockey game in HD. (And then only if there wasn't any conflict with the Bruins).

Wholin1
01-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but we've decided unilaterally that Union needs a new rink. From what I've heard and seen of the Bank it's a magnificent facility. Any idea on how much TD Bank chipped in to build it or did they just acquire the naming rights?

Quinn57
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Also, does CBS-College Sports even have an HD channel... and if so, is there anyone who gets it?

It does. It's nationally available at least on Comcast. Hence my query.

Nice pt about the Gophers. No doubt it'd be expensive but if we can, we should. Outside of Golf and Soccer, no sport looks better in HD than hockey.

"Believe it or not, there are still professional sports teams who don't have all their games broadcast in HD... and it's because its still expensive to do."

While I know this to be true, this is unreal given the time.

For the record BU-BC was HD on NHLN. I'm not sure if any of their other College Hockey broadcasts are HD as well.

ZYanksRule
01-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but we've decided unilaterally that Union needs a new rink. From what I've heard and seen of the Bank it's a magnificent facility. Any idea on how much TD Bank chipped in to build it or did they just acquire the naming rights?

I believe the money was fundraised, and TD Bank just acquired the naming rights. Certainly, though, their naming rights payment was a portion of the $52 million the building cost.

redrocker
01-19-2010, 09:42 PM
I believe the money was fundraised, and TD Bank just acquired the naming rights. Certainly, though, their naming rights payment was a portion of the $52 million the building cost.

At a price tag of $52 million, the naming rights were a very small portion.

MinniQUFan
01-20-2010, 09:15 AM
It does. It's nationally available at least on Comcast. Hence my query.

Oh interesting. Between Minnesota, Connecticut, and Mass, I've been jumping around the last year, and between 3 different Comcast providers, I had never seen that channel in HD. Thus I questioned if it was available.

MarkEagleUSA
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
I had never seen that channel in HD. Thus I questioned if it was available.I have Comcast HD and don't get (or at least can't find) CBS-CS in HD.