X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
    As a fan, the worst thing we could do is start promoting a different color jersey.

At Yale on Friday, it was great to see the students in gold. Also very, very good to see our student section so golden.

Even though all like the navy road jersey, it Would NOT be good to start another color
    What does this have to do with anything? It's a nicer looking jersey than the gold one, silly to think color should prevent teams from selling a shirt. Would the Bruins stop wearing their black sweaters because the Flyers have similar ones? Come on.

Besides any move by QU is primarily based on making money so I figure this is really a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
      What does this have to do with anything? It's a nicer looking jersey than the gold one, silly to think color should prevent teams from selling a shirt. Would the Bruins stop wearing their black sweaters because the Flyers have similar ones? Come on.

Besides any move by QU is primarily based on making money so I figure this is really a no brainer.
      Yeah, I agree. It seems silly not to sell away jerseys. While I do have a gold jersey, I'd much rather have the blue than the white if I were to have a second jersey. Those away jersey's are awesome. Might be the nicest jerseys in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by GoQ! View Post

Call me overly optimistic. Remind me it's only mid-season. But I'm beginning to wonder if the title of this thread should read "Clawing our way to Detroit"!
        Considering this team has only made one appearance in the NCAA's... that would be getting way ahead of ourselves, and this past weekend proved that QU can be beaten. The early season success will be long forgotten if QU begins to play poorly.

Comment

does anyone else feel that QU tends to be streaky?

Following the team closely the last couple of season I've seen a lot of good starts that fizzle off. I remember a couple of year ago we were pretty hot and then we got swept by Niagara at home and were never really able to gain steam the rest of the season.

I think we are doing great but I'm cautiously optimistic

Comment

I'm glad so many who have been to more games are optimistic because from the outside it seems like the same old story of overconfidence following success.

That said it could be a good weekend to come back, string together a pair of wins and erase the previous week from their memories. I'd agree that leadership has been a marked improvement from last year's but I think one of the truest tests so far will be this weekend. Regardless of the pedigree of the opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post

Following the team closely the last couple of season I've seen a lot of good starts that fizzle off. I remember a couple of year ago we were pretty hot and then we got swept by Niagara at home and were never really able to gain steam the rest of the season.

I think we are doing great but I'm cautiously optimistic
              Without a doubt, QU has been very streaky the last few years. Normally it's been this time of the year when QU has gotten hot before falling off in late February and February. Hopefully with better leadership (since it really seemed like after Cashman left there were a leadership void for a few years) and better goalie play (or so we hope) this problem of being such a streaky team will end... at least in preventing long stretches of subpar play.

Comment

We only dropped 3 spots to #7 in the USCHO Poll. Lost all those 1st place votes too. Cornell moved around us into 5th and Yale is on our heels at 8th.

Not bad considering the weekend we had. It tells me that the pollsters at least respect what we've accomplished thus far. We just need to go out and take care of business.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  We only dropped 3 spots to #7 in the USCHO Poll. Lost all those 1st place votes too. Cornell moved around us into 5th and Yale is on our heels at 8th.

Not bad considering the weekend we had. It tells me that the pollsters at least respect what we've accomplished thus far. We just need to go out and take care of business.
                  I'm actually excited that we have 3 teams from the ECAC rated that high!!! I don't ever remember having 3 teams ranked in the top 10 before. That's pretty cool.
                  SLU

Comment

Hey everybody,

I'm doing a project on the QU Pep Band for my journalism class, and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'd really like to know what you guys think the band does for the "atmosphere" in college sports and at the Bank.

Also, for those of you who have watched QU hockey or basketball for a while, let me know how the band has grown and developed from a few years ago to now.

Of course any other thoughts would be well apreciated.

Please just send me a message with your name so i can properly credit you in the story.

Thanks so much.

GO BOBCATS!

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post

Before we start pulling the rug out from underneath the team, this is only their second and third loss of the season, both of which were away to two very good teams. The level of play Yale and Brown showed on Friday and Saturday I'm not surprised that QU lost. I think we definitely could have beaten them, but there were many factors affecting each game that i'll go into if needed.
                      If they lose both games this weekend I would start thinking perhaps we're "streaky", but I'm not there yet.
                      The only time i can recall us being streaky is two seasons ago we lost all six of our last home games, but I do remember there was a lot of injuries on the team and there was very little leadership.
                      Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Down 2 spots to 8th in the USAToday Poll with Cornell 5th and Yale 7th. Still very respectable all things considered.

Time to get back to business Thursday night at Holy Cross!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Chickens Little - the sky is not falling.

There is strong leadership on the team this year and that will make a big difference. There is depth in goaltending this year and that will make a difference. I've watched the Bobcats for seven years and there's something special about this team.

They'll reload and come out flying this week.

Go Q!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post

Well and the argument that there would be no more gold in the student section doesn't hold much water simply because the students aren't shelling out 75 bucks for a jersey, they'd still have their gold tees on. A select group of fans who decide to buy a jersey won't affect the look or feel in the Bank simply by wearing a blue jersey.

Comment

It looks like Mark and myself will be heading to Holy Cross on Thursday. Anyone else opting to take the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                                Well and the argument that there would be no more gold in the student section doesn't hold much water simply because the students aren't shelling out 75 bucks for a jersey, they'd still have their gold tees on. A select group of fans who decide to buy a jersey won't affect the look or feel in the Bank simply by wearing a blue jersey.
                                Agreed.

And for the indefinite future, QU is not getting anymore of my money unless it relates to the hockey program.

Comment

Working...
                                X