X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
    I respectfully disagree. It's easy to dismiss Yale as a wine-and-cheese crowd but that is a sweeping and unfair generalization. It's not 3,500 doctors and lawyers. Student turnout has been outstanding at Ingalls the last two years, and they were in force last night. Granted, the may not be as obnoxious as the Q student section (and I mean that as a compliment) but they do remain at the game til the final whistle. And contrary to popular belief, the Yale crowd was VERY loud last night. I have been to the Bank several times, and there's not much difference with the crowd. Plenty of we "older" folks and families with kids at both arenas.
    The Ingalls crowd for the most part was loud, energetic and into the game last night. But it seems that it takes an opponent bringing a lot of their fans into the rink in order to wake up the locals. As far as the student turnout and them turning out "in force", I will give them credit and they have had a better attendance than in years past but it still doesn't come close to the 3x the amount of screaming, yelling insanity that takes up four sections at the Bank.

But this is all in the stands and frankly it doesnt matter. Yale outplayed QU is almost every aspect of the game. QU couldn't clear the puck, struggled to get any clean shots through and allowed Arcobello, Little and Backman to spin them into circles.

Comment

It's rough but Yale away is not that bad of a loss. Key is to win the remainder of home games and grab a few on the road. Tonight begins a stretch of winable games. Lets finish 2009 strong.

Yale crowd the same as Banknorth? Clearly a lot has changed in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
        Yale crowd the same as Banknorth? Clearly a lot has changed in two years.
        Crowd maybe, but not student section.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
          We will be right behind the Bobcat bench! From what I hear Brown is one of the worst rinks in the ECAC and like a dungeon, so I can't wait to see how bad it really is. We will have to talk about the game vs. Yale, by the sounds of the radio broadcast those refs were pretty liberal with the whistle.
          Meehan is one of those rinks where your ticket/seat is really an "irrelevant" aspect. The place is usually so "empty" you can choose your favorite vantage point.
          It is often, dark, dank, dingy....and strangely a house of horrors for my SLU Saints. We almost always throw in a real stinker there. Must be the team gets bummed out by the atmosphere.
          SLU

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            But this is all in the stands and frankly it doesnt matter. Yale outplayed QU is almost every aspect of the game. QU couldn't clear the puck, struggled to get any clean shots through and allowed Arcobello, Little and Backman to spin them into circles.
            Once again, as I have been saying all season... we need to start the cheap after the whistle penalties that we have been picking up. Especially on a night when the refs aren't necessarily in our favor. Our kill was pretty good last night but by the third period we were gassed from having to play a man down all the time. I'm highly suprised that they didn't toss more players after the scrum in the third period, but I think by that point the refs had let the game get out of hand and couldn't justify it.

We let Yale walk right in and take too many shots. Not only did the consistantly go to the goal, they parked skaters at the post or in front of the goalie and we had no one trying to move them out or cover them. Add that to the problems getting the puck out from behind our own net, let alone clearing the zone, and there was almost no way we could have held on for three full periods.

We need to go out strong tonight and pound the net like we have been all season. If we can cut down on the cheap penatlies and force the goalie to make saves we should be all right. We can't let last night's loss affect the way we go and play Brown tonight.
            Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
            The Northford years

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Meehan is one of those rinks where your ticket/seat is really an "irrelevant" aspect. The place is usually so "empty" you can choose your favorite vantage point.
              It is often, dark, dank, dingy....and strangely a house of horrors for my SLU Saints. We almost always throw in a real stinker there. Must be the team gets bummed out by the atmosphere.
              We went to Meehan a couple years ago. It's all those things -- and worse. The sightlines are OK, but the building is just brutal, and there's no one in there. Last night, they got only about 800 fans. Brown's in a really tough spot attendance wise, though. They've got to deal with HE Providence AND AHL Providence in the same city. With those options, who's paying to go to a Brown Bears game right now?

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
                Great Showing by our students last night, thanks much for making it a classic atmosphere. Was great when our Bobcat students were yelling to the Yale students "We can't hear you"

Good story about the budding rivalry in today's Register:

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2.../5-solomon.txt

Now on to Brown!
                SOLOMON WAS AT A HOCKEY GAME???!!????!!

Wow, this must have really been a big game last night!

Comment

I really like what this rivalry is becoming. Hopefully Yale will take the right steps to keep a nationally powerful team. IMO, Quinnipiac will be a power for a while. This rivalry could really turn into something special and hopefully there will be many more match ups between top 10 teams.
                  Yale Hockey

Comment

Leaving for Providence in a bit. See anyone there who is going.

Comment

Who do you think will be in goal tonight? I don't think its going to be Clarke

Comment

Oh Well,

Games at Brown have always been tough for our Bobcats.

Hope the pollsters move us down as slow as they moved us up.

Still awesome to be 12-3 and in 1st Place in the ECAC!

Happy Holidays Bobcats and Braves!

Comment

Rough weekend. No excuse tonight. Go out and take care of business against HC and AIC...two teams we should have zero problems with. That would make us 14-3 going into the Xmas break and NOONE would've predicted that, so do what you have to do. Considerin a trip to Holy Cross on Thursday. More to come later in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post

Still awesome to be 12-3 and in 1st Place in the ECAC!
                            i think that is what we need to focus on.
                            wonger is right, no one though we would even be this far, let's clean up next week and have a good two weeks off.
                            Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Ugh... Too tired to say much more. While they played better than last night there were still a few shortcomings. And the refs were, um, nevermind.

Congrats to Brown. They played a good game and I was surprised by their speed and tenacity.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

After trying to sleep it off, I think I just want to forget about this weekend and move on.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X