PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MarkEagleUSA
01-10-2010, 04:55 AM
I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes that is disrupting the team chemistry.I don't think there's a chemistry problem. I think it's a confidence problem. At least that's what it looks like on the ice.

Does anyone know the last time we lost 6 conference games in a row?'07-'08 (http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php/quinnipiac-bobcats/-college-hockey/team,qu/season,20072008/gender,m.html) to close the regular season. Four road losses sandwiched around 2 OT losses at home (Colgate and Cornell). :o

vicb
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
As I said in the game thread though, you have to still look at the bright side. Because of their amazing start, you are only one point behind first place in the league.

But on the down side Union, Cornell and Colgate have played 4 fewer games and Yale has played 6 fewer games. So Quinny's 2nd place in the standings is dubious at best at this point.

Red Cloud
01-10-2010, 08:40 AM
But on the down side Union, Cornell and Colgate have played 4 fewer games and Yale has played 6 fewer games. So Quinny's 2nd place in the standings is dubious at best at this point.

Trying to explain this concept to Union fans, with the exception of Rolevio and Dutchfan, seems to be like explaining quantum physics to a 5th grader even though they're the beneficiaries. Told them they were in 1st place prior to this weekend and got a lot of virtual dumb looks.

I had earlier mentioned that after the 7-0-0 league start, Quinnipiac could afford to go sub-.500 the remainder of the way and still squeeze out a first-round bye. I figured that a team that was good enough to rattle off seven wins in a row, many against top flight programs, would necessarily pick up a few more wins here and there even if they were playing poorly. That cushion has absolutely been erased. It's like night and day now.

By winning percentage, the only good way to compare the teams right now given the wild differences in league games played, Quinnipiac has fallen to 6th place and would be in 7th place tonight if the Engineers beat the Tigers.

MinniQUFan
01-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I still believe this is one of the best teams we've had on the ice and I'm not giving up on them anytime soon.

Doesn't matter how talented the team is. If QU's time in the ECAC has shown anything, it's that it's more about heart than talent.

allnightwong
01-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Turn it around next weekend? Dream on.

Bring it! Just wait for your boys to travel half way across the country and get upset by a desperate bunch of kids who would love to end the little streak your on.

ZYanksRule
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Doesn't matter how talented the team is. If QU's time in the ECAC has shown anything, it's that it's more about heart than talent.

Stick this quote up on the locker room door, and email it to every member of last year's team who quit halfway through the season.

MarkEagleUSA
01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
it's more about heart than talentCall me lame, but I really don't think heart is the problem... at least not yet. I don't see anyone out there just mailing it in, at least not as blatantly as in past seasons. Yeah, some have had bad shifts and maybe a bad game, but overall they're still competing. Rand shook up the lines last night and all of them looked good. If they find some cohesion maybe things will start clicking again.

I know I'm an optimist in a sea of pessimism, but I'm not ready to give up yet and I don't think the boys are, at least not without a fight.

MinniQUFan
01-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Call me lame, but I really don't think heart is the problem... at least not yet. I don't see anyone out there just mailing it in, at least not as blatantly as in past seasons. Yeah, some have had bad shifts and maybe a bad game, but overall they're still competing. Rand shook up the lines last night and all of them looked good. If they find some cohesion maybe things will start clicking again.

I know I'm an optimist in a sea of pessimism, but I'm not ready to give up yet and I don't think the boys are, at least not without a fight.

I agree. I don't think that anyone's packed it in. We're still a ways from heart trumping talent. But those necessary team intangibles needed to win seem to be quickly disappearing.

UnionHockeyManiac
01-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Trying to explain this concept to Union fans, with the exception of Rolevio and Dutchfan, seems to be like explaining quantum physics to a 5th grader even though they're the beneficiaries. Told them they were in 1st place prior to this weekend and got a lot of virtual dumb looks.

I had earlier mentioned that after the 7-0-0 league start, Quinnipiac could afford to go sub-.500 the remainder of the way and still squeeze out a first-round bye. I figured that a team that was good enough to rattle off seven wins in a row, many against top flight programs, would necessarily pick up a few more wins here and there even if they were playing poorly. That cushion has absolutely been erased. It's like night and day now.

By winning percentage, the only good way to compare the teams right now given the wild differences in league games played, Quinnipiac has fallen to 6th place and would be in 7th place tonight if the Engineers beat the Tigers.

I know we were in first place before the weekend in terms of winning percentage and I know we have played fewer games. To actually officially be in first place in terms of points is something else though.

Why do you always try to start **** with me? You still seem obsessed with Union. Are you this much of an *** in person or only when you can hide behind a computer screen?

Red Cloud
01-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Why do you always try to start **** with me? You still seem obsessed with Union. Are you this much of an *** in person or only when you can hide behind a computer screen?

I'm sorry, I forgot the part in there where I was talking about UnionHockeyManiac in that comment.

I'm obsessed with Union? Way to turn things around. I believe we already established that it was you that was obsessed with either RPI or me or both during that Union/St. Cloud series. I guess if you turn it around it makes you feel better?

That's all I'll say here because I'm not going to hijack Quinnipiac's thread to continue to reply to you. Your rep was quite possibly the most ironic thing I've ever seen.

UnionHockeyManiac
01-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot the part in there where I was talking about UnionHockeyManiac in that comment.

I'm obsessed with Union? Way to turn things around. I believe we already established that it was you that was obsessed with either RPI or me or both during that Union/St. Cloud series. I guess if you turn it around it makes you feel better?

That's all I'll say here because I'm not going to hijack Quinnipiac's thread to continue to reply to you. Your rep was quite possibly the most ironic thing I've ever seen.

"Trying to explain this concept to Union fans, with the exception of Rolevio and Dutchfan, seems to be like explaining quantum physics to a 5th grader even though they're the beneficiaries. Told them they were in 1st place prior to this weekend and got a lot of virtual dumb looks."

When you diss Union fans, you diss me. Anyway, I agree with you about not wanting to hijack the Quinny thread, so my comments to you will end now in this thread. I'm on the same side as Quinnipiac fans though.

Red Cloud
01-10-2010, 02:44 PM
When you diss Union fans, you diss me.

Grow up.

GoQ!
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I’m no hockey expert but it doesn’t take one to know that the Bobcats' record over the first two months of the season was NO FLUKE.

This team has enough talent and has the leadership it takes to win.

If every guy on the team works hard and plays with desire, the wins will start coming again.

Good luck next weekend against St. Cloud State, guys.

starlessixisky
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM

That's what I was referring to was heart. This is not the most talented team I have seen QU put on the ice, by far. Take the team we had the year before ECAC inaugaration with Jamie Holden, Cashmen, I believe Sorti was a freshmen then. Bordieri, Joe Dumais, to name a few. Now that was a talented team.

This year's team has a ton of heart and I've never seen such a great group of guys. Lampe, Atkinson, Wong, Glaicar, Yuri, JMB, Dickie, Pat McGann, Clarke. These boys have such a passion and such a drive and it truly showed the beginning of the year. I don't think their heart has faded.

It's the talent that has lacked and some bump in the road that we've hit, but in several of our losses this past month, they still skated their hearts out.

ZYanksRule
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Doesn't that little skirmish make us all wish we had a rival that hated us as much as we hate them?

;)

Red Cloud
01-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Doesn't that little skirmish make us all wish we had a rival that hated us as much as we hate them?

;)

Clarkson fans? Where? :p

Were the UConn games hotly contested when you guys were in the MAAC/AHA? Are you guys trying to mix it up with Yale even though you're not travel partners?

ZYanksRule
01-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Were the UConn games hotly contested when you guys were in the MAAC/AHA? Are you guys trying to mix it up with Yale even though you're not travel partners?

Mercyhurst and Bentley were our biggest rivals in AHA, UConn was really a non-factor.

We're trying, but it takes two to tango, and Yale's coach keeps saying he doesn't consider it a rivalry. We consider it a rivalry with Yale, but they've got Cornell and Harvard as rivals...

MinniQUFan
01-10-2010, 05:58 PM

Quinnipiac would love to mix it up with yale and is trying to stir a major rivalry up... but yale hasn't shown much interest in letting that happen. And before anyone says that QU and Yale play some chippy aggressive games... QU has games like that with everyone.

MinniQUFan
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
How long before the annual Rand is the problem discussion begins?;)

FlagDUDE08
01-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Mercyhurst and Bentley were our biggest rivals in AHA, UConn was really a non-factor.

We're trying, but it takes two to tango, and Yale's coach keeps saying he doesn't consider it a rivalry. We consider it a rivalry with Yale, but they've got Cornell and Harvard as rivals...

I guess your situation with Yale is sort of like Union's situation with us. You/Union consider it a big rivalry, but Yale/We don't.

Love stinks. Yeah, yeah.

Plus, you guys are way too nice to be rivals with anyone.