PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MarkEagleUSA
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Not impossible to regain the mojo we had at the start of the season but it'll take some work. I'm guessing that either way, we'll learn what kind of character this team has very soon.I agree that's it's not impossible to get back to what got us to this point. That character you speak of is critical for the success of this team. They had it at the start and somehow it's faded a bit.

They showed some character last night by battling back to tie the game. The problem is, and wonger has mentioned this a few times, is that they waited until the 3rd period to wake up. This team must come out aggressively from the opening face off. None of this "let's see what we're up against" mentality. Go for the jugular right from the get-go!

Quinn57
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
USA-Canada in the finals of the World Junior Championships tonight at 8p EST on NHL Network.

St. Cloud St's Brian Lee in goal and RPI's Jerry D'Amigo will both feature for USA.

MarkEagleUSA
01-05-2010, 01:57 PM
St. Cloud St's Brian Lee in goal and RPI's Jerry D'Amigo will both feature for USA.Both of those kids have been stellar in the WJC's and we get to face D'Amigo Friday and Lee next weekend!

starlessixisky
01-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Clarke has been overplayed. I see no reason why he should start both games this weekend. i really don't think he deserves it. like you said Mark, we have these supposedly great recruits, lets see what they have. I would start either Hartzell or Cadieux Friday. hopefully light it will fire under Clarke

I feel like if Clarke was Fisher he would have been sitting a long time ago. Rand had Fisher on a short leash last season. btw, any update on Fisher? is is playing? working?

This weekend is big, I don't know if Rand really feels comfortable putting in a cold goaltender. But at the same time Clarke is losing his mental edge, as does seem the rest of the team...

As far as I know, Fisher retired. He got married in June and I have neither seen nor heard any plans for him to continue playing.

Quinn57
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Usa! Usa! Usa!!!!!!!!!!!

MinniQUFan
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately this is starting to feel like the QU of the last five years. Hot streak of 10 plus games to raise our expectations before the team comes crashing back to earth. The good news is that there's a lot of time left in this season to get it going again.

MCL298
01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know when Rand let's his players know the lineups for the weekend?

Just curious

ZYanksRule
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
I would assume they're very clued in at all times, but I don't know for sure.

I know Rand is extremely coy with the media, and will never ever never release the info to the media. I tried to get lineups (goalies especially) from him plenty of times, you could ask 1,000 different ways, he wasn't saying.

Quinn57
01-08-2010, 08:20 AM
No chatter about the weekend from the people up in CT? For shame.

I'll go ahead and reverse jinx us by saying w/o the student crowd and two teams (one w/ a WJC gold medalist in their ranks) there's a scary chance of two home losses.

You can start telling me why I'm wrong....now.

MCL298
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM

I'll go ahead and reverse jinx us by saying w/o the student crowd and two teams (one w/ a WJC gold medalist in their ranks) there's a scary chance of two home losses.

I hope you are wrong. I'll settle for a split. didn't know this stat from http://www.ecachockey.com/men/members/quinnipiac/20100701_QuinnipiacNotesRPIUnion

"Quinnipiac has not lost to Rensselaer, posting a 5-0-4 mark in its last nine meetings with RPI."

TimV
01-08-2010, 08:40 AM

This morning's Albany Times Union says Appert is sending Jerry D'Amigo home for a rest after the WJC tournament, so he won't play against Q and will rejoin the team Sunday at Princeton.

Seems to put more pressure on Q to win this one.

MarkEagleUSA
01-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Seems to put more pressure on Q to win this one.There's already enough pressure on the Bobcats! :eek: However, I really think that being back home will have a positive effect on the team.

They need to come out strong from the drop of the puck. No more of this wait and see approach... just jump all over the opposition and set the tempo. If they do that (like they did to start the season) I believe they can skate with anyone.

Ever the optimist, I'll take Q 5-4 over RPI.

Go Q!

allnightwong
01-08-2010, 09:15 AM
It's scary enough to see that D'Amigo is only fourth on the team in scoring. They have plenty of other options but it obviously hurts not having him in the lineup. 4-3 Q, simply because I can't bring myself to pick against them.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing either Hartz or Cadieux in net tonight, nothing against Clarkie but he just hasn't had it lately.

Hopefully there will be a decent crowd tonight even with the students away. We need these home points...go get em boys!

Quinn57
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Whew. Good call TimV. He's bound to be tired, but I'm ok w/ not seeing a guy that was flying around against guys like Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Good luck to him in the future though, just not against QU.

I hope I'm wrong too. Desperately. There's just no denying its not ideal conditions given that we're in a slide, they're quality opponents and there prob won't be a large student turnout to pick our guys up.

MarkEagleUSA
01-08-2010, 11:09 AM
there prob won't be a large student turnout to pick our guys up.Home ice is home ice though, and we have been getting decent crowds even without the students.

FlagDUDE08
01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
4-3 Q, simply because I can't bring myself to pick against them.

...then you should have picked as I did. Heck, we've already done it 3 out of the past 4 times we've met in your house! :p

But in all seriousness, tonight's game involves the ECAC's top scorers in all play. Polacek and Wong have been neck and neck, and it's time to settle the score. I'm thinking high scoring from both teams. Best of luck... against Union tomorrow.

Quinn57
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Home ice is home ice though, and we have been getting decent crowds even without the students.

There is absolutely no comparison between a QU crowd with students and without students. I couldn't feel more strongly about this.

MarkEagleUSA
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
There is absolutely no comparison between a QU crowd with students and without students. I couldn't feel more strongly about this.I'm not disputing that. But there's still something to be said about the home ice advantage.

We need to get as many points this weekend as possible. Three or four points this weekend would be huge with 2 weeks of non-conference action ahead of us.

Quinn57
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Isn't the loud student section the home ice advantage? With respect to knowledgeable, fervent fans such as yourself, there's no question that the student support is integral to an intimidation factor that makes up home ice advantage in my mind.

Think we have to target all 4 here. We haven't been able to go out on the road and get the results we have had at home, so its important to continue to pick up maximum pts at home.

I'm going to guess Clarke tonight but who knows. I think some continuity would be good. Short leash for sure though, Hartzell tomorrow if Clarke isn't convincing tonight.

MarkEagleUSA
01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Isn't the loud student section the home ice advantage? With respect to knowledgeable, fervent fans such as yourself, there's no question that the student support is integral to an intimidation factor that makes up home ice advantage in my mind.Again, I agree with you. The big, loud and rowdy student section is a great intimidation factor, but that's just not an option for us now with them on break.

We beat both Princeton and UMass during the Thanksgiving break. There were no, or very few, students but the regular crowds were rather good, especially for a holiday weekend. That's what I'm hoping for this weekend and next.

I realize the Bank won't be quite as loud but I can promise you wonger and I will do our best to make up for it! :D