X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Thanks UHM!

Any chance we'll see you at the Bank on January 9th?
    I really will try this year since I've never been there and I'm currently a senior but we return to school on January 3rd so it will be tough to leave the first weekend back.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Don't buy the company line that it's still early and the polls don't matter, blah, blah, blah. ENJOY the hell out of it.

Comment

Yale lost a tough one to Vermont tonight 1-0. Something tells me that doesn't take anything away from what should be a crazy game Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          Don't buy the company line that it's still early and the polls don't matter, blah, blah, blah. ENJOY the hell out of it.
          That's what I've been saying! This doesn't come around all too often. Soak it in.

Comment

Keep it up Bobcats!

Let's go for another sweep this weekend!
            QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS
            MAAC Regular Season Champions: 1999, 2000
            MAAC Tournament Champions: 2002
            Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2005
            ECAC Hockey Final Four: 2007

Comment

Congrats on the #4 ranking and the seven first place votes!
              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Early thoughts on the weekend?

If QU can go to Cornell and win, they can without a doubt go to Yale and win. I think someone already said, but yale is the perfect opponent coming off the high of the last week. Gotta keep it going knowing you're up against another nationally ranked team. If Brown were the Friday game, you'd have to be worrying about that game becoming a trap game.

If QU can pull off the win Friday, I'd say there's a good chance QU will not lose the rest of 2009. Even with a "setback" Friday, QU is in great shape to end the year with only two losses.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                  Early thoughts on the weekend?

If QU can go to Cornell and win, they can without a doubt go to Yale and win. I think someone already said, but yale is the perfect opponent coming off the high of the last week. Gotta keep it going knowing you're up against another nationally ranked team. If Brown were the Friday game, you'd have to be worrying about that game becoming a trap game.

If QU can pull off the win Friday, I'd say there's a good chance QU will not lose the rest of 2009. Even with a "setback" Friday, QU is in great shape to end the year with only two losses.

I can't agree more... going to Cornell and taking a W was huge which makes taking a W at the whale a slightly easier thought. Hopefully with the game being so close QU will run a bus like they had in years past. I would love to bring some of the energy from TD with us for this game. No matter how good or bad either team is, QU Yale is always a tough fought game and the boys should be going into it with a clear head.

Yale did lose some of its size from last year, but they looked really good last week against a far weaker SHU. Backman still makes the plays for them and needs to be watched, Malcolm in goal looked exceptionally good as well. It's not going to be a walk in the park.

As long as we go out as strong as we have been the last few weeks and keep our head in for a full 60 minutes we should be all set.
                  Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                  The Northford years

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten at QU View Post
                    Hopefully with the game being so close QU will run a bus like they had in years past. I would love to bring some of the energy from TD with us for this game.
                    My jr year... so feb of 2006, QU must have sent 3 or 4 buses to Yale. As I recall it was a NESN game, and Yale was kind of embarrassed not only be the shellacking QU delivered in a 6 to 2 win, but also by the dominant QU turnout on their home ice. It'd be nice to repeat such a student turnout again, but doubtful. Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?

Comment

I was there for that MinniQUFan. Twas a great time. That whole year was a lot of fun and the athletic department was great bussing everyone around. In fact as far as providing busses to Away events, they've always been tremendous.

I got a few in before the game so the scoresheet is a little hazy but it was a great way to start what is in my mind our biggest rivalry to date.

Comment

Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?

The student turnout was alright. I don't think they ran a bus, so everyone had to get there on their own. More people had shown up than I thought would, but we by no means stood out tremendously in fans.

So far I have heard nothing about a bus to the game this weekend. I don't think the university bought any tickets for students to go.
                        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

And if you check the QU athletics website, Rand will be in the QU bookstore signing copies of his "Hard Core Hockey" book, for anyone who is interested!

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/Vie...CLID=204842171
                          Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

QU has to be careful against Brown. I'm viewing this as a trap game. Coming off a huge game on Friday night @ Yale, it's going to be tough to get pumped up against Brown.

Comment

My jr year... so feb of 2006, QU must have sent 3 or 4 buses to Yale. As I recall it was a NESN game, and Yale was kind of embarrassed not only be the shellacking QU delivered in a 6 to 2 win, but also by the dominant QU turnout on their home ice. It'd be nice to repeat such a student turnout again, but doubtful. Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?
                              It's tough for students to get tickets. A couple of my friends bought 10 tickets a piece on Monday, and the box office people said it's almost sold out. I know a lot of QU students want to go, but there aren't many tickets left.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                Cornell was actually number 3 at some point last year (and this year?). If Quinny wins twice this weekend in convincing fashion, #2 would not be out of the question!
                                Yea, but that's pre-season hype. Quinny earned the spot by playing hard through the non-league and league play. They're for real. Not to say that Cornell isn't, but they haven't played enough to show that they're top 5 yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X