X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Not quite as high over at USAToday... they have us 6th with 1 first place vote. Still pretty respectable and awesome!
    The USAToday poll runs like an old boys network. But I'll take the 7 first place votes from USCHO. Keep it goin Friday fellas.

Comment

Absolutely Mark. I've said time and again that in years past our downfall has been being enamored with the headlines buying into our own hype. To their credit this year's version of the Bobcats have kept their focus and kept their great form. The true test of this will be this weekened with the biggest hype in program history being bestowed on the young team.

Could go a number of ways with this but I'll go the Mark Eagle way for the moment and say that Yale is probably the best opponent we could have drawn following the surge into the Top 5. I rate our senior leadership highly and there's no doubt they'll have themselves and the kids fired up to play what is OUR biggest rival. This is not to say Yale Away is an easy W. Far from it. I simply feel a lot better about the chances of us coming out flying against a rival in spite of all the positive press than just about anyone else.

THAT BEING SAID, for me the Brown game remains the key to the weekend. If we were to lose or draw to Yale, it'd be a disappointment but not an awful result. Anything but a win against Brown would hurt our chances of securing the all important first round BYE and second round home ice. So far in the young season QU has had proven themselves to be a fantastic home team. Winning important conference games on the road before the winter break could easily be the difference later in the season.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe that 4 rank! That's tremendous. Higher than I thought it would be, but wonderful to see Quinnipiac get first place votes. I would imagine that's the first time any QU team has garnered first place votes in any D-I poll in its history...

Congrats, Q!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post

THAT BEING SAID, for me the Brown game remains the key to the weekend. If we were to lose or draw to Yale, it'd be a disappointment but not an awful result. Anything but a win against Brown would hurt our chances of securing the all important first round BYE and second round home ice. So far in the young season QU has had proven themselves to be a fantastic home team. Winning important conference games on the road before the winter break could easily be the difference later in the season.
          I couldn't agree more. I was just telling a friend today that this Brown game is a trap game. This is a game that teams in the past would have lost. We all have seen that this is a different team this season, but they need to prove that on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
            Some Good Highlights of the UMass game are now up at:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/Vie...ATCLID=3759574

and also on Q•YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/quinnipiacathletics

Twas a good Thanksgiving for the Bobcats
            Thanks Fred

Good to see QU now having a Q-youtube account

Comment

All, Congrats.. have cought a few Quinnipiac games on NESN last few yrs, the program seems to have come a long way in a short time. Lots of positive energy out there and what looks like a couple of solid recruits coming in from the BCHL next yr. watch out..

Good luck..
              GSP.. Get Some!!

Comment

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the amazing success so far this season. Seeing Quinnipiac ranked number four in the country (with 7 first place votes!) in the USCHO Poll is both awesome and stunning. Needless to say though, you guys deserve it and I really look forward to when you play us in Schenectady. Hopefully you guys can keep it up as I have absolutely zero hate for the Bobcats (except of course when they play Union!).
                LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                  I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the amazing success so far this season. Seeing Quinnipiac ranked number four in the country (with 7 first place votes!) in the USCHO Poll is both awesome and stunning. Needless to say though, you guys deserve it and I really look forward to when you play us in Schenectady. Hopefully you guys can keep it up as I have absolutely zero hate for the Bobcats (except of course when they play Union!).
                  The other thing I've been impressed with is the amount of fans coming in to wish us well. Thanks guys! We appreciate it and are glad there are such classy fans in the ECAC and rest of the country. In the spirit of your good will I'll even think twice at being satisfied at Yale losses.

Ehh, nevermind. No way that last part is happening.

Comment

OK, this time you guys are above Cornell, and I double checked it.

Congrats on 4 guys, and best of luck in 19 of your next 21 games. :P

Comment

The other thing I've been impressed with is the amount of fans coming in to wish us well. Thanks guys! We appreciate it and are glad there are such classy fans in the ECAC and rest of the country. In the spirit of your good will I'll even think twice at being satisfied at Yale losses.

Ehh, nevermind. No way that last part is happening.
                      I think the reason for that is (at least in my experiences on here) that Quinny fans have never done wrong and are always respectful on these boards. Also, a lot of people saw Quinny in the lower half of the league so to see you guys come out of the gates like this is surprising and spectacular!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                        I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the amazing success so far this season.
                        Thanks UHM!

I really look forward to when you play us in Schenectady.
                        Any chance we'll see you at the Bank on January 9th?
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

The other thing I've been impressed with is the amount of fans coming in to wish us well.
                          I mentioned that last week when we broke the top-10. I think that's the biggest sign of respect this program can get.

Thanks guys!
                          x2
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            I mentioned that last week when we broke the top-10. I think that's the biggest sign of respect this program can get.

x2
                            Especially for this league; it's been a bit of time since we've seen the ECAC up that far. Perhaps if you guys have convincing wins this coming up weekend, you could push it even higher.

You guys have always been respectable, with exception of treatment of visiting bands, as I can recall from when I went to TD. I know we were happy to support you guys in the ECAC finals a few years ago, and would definitely do so if you were to make it that far, or even the national tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Especially for this league; it's been a bit of time since we've seen the ECAC up that far.
                              Cornell was actually number 3 at some point last year (and this year?). If Quinny wins twice this weekend in convincing fashion, #2 would not be out of the question!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Especially for this league; it's been a bit of time since we've seen the ECAC up that far.
                                Three whole weeks! Cornell was up to No. 3 earlier this month.

Comment

Working...
                                X