PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MinniQUFan
12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
does anyone else feel that QU tends to be streaky?

Following the team closely the last couple of season I've seen a lot of good starts that fizzle off. I remember a couple of year ago we were pretty hot and then we got swept by Niagara at home and were never really able to gain steam the rest of the season.

I think we are doing great but I'm cautiously optimistic

Without a doubt, QU has been very streaky the last few years. Normally it's been this time of the year when QU has gotten hot before falling off in late February and February. Hopefully with better leadership (since it really seemed like after Cashman left there were a leadership void for a few years) and better goalie play (or so we hope) this problem of being such a streaky team will end... at least in preventing long stretches of subpar play.

MarkEagleUSA
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
We only dropped 3 spots to #7 in the USCHO Poll (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll). Lost all those 1st place votes too. Cornell moved around us into 5th and Yale is on our heels at 8th.

Not bad considering the weekend we had. It tells me that the pollsters at least respect what we've accomplished thus far. We just need to go out and take care of business.

critsports
12-07-2009, 02:59 PM
We only dropped 3 spots to #7 in the USCHO Poll (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll). Lost all those 1st place votes too. Cornell moved around us into 5th and Yale is on our heels at 8th.

Not bad considering the weekend we had. It tells me that the pollsters at least respect what we've accomplished thus far. We just need to go out and take care of business.

I'm actually excited that we have 3 teams from the ECAC rated that high!!! I don't ever remember having 3 teams ranked in the top 10 before. That's pretty cool.

RallyMonkeyTime
12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm doing a project on the QU Pep Band for my journalism class, and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

I'd really like to know what you guys think the band does for the "atmosphere" in college sports and at the Bank.

Also, for those of you who have watched QU hockey or basketball for a while, let me know how the band has grown and developed from a few years ago to now.

Of course any other thoughts would be well apreciated.

Please just send me a message with your name so i can properly credit you in the story.

Thanks so much.

GO BOBCATS!

starlessixisky
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
does anyone else feel that QU tends to be streaky?

Following the team closely the last couple of season I've seen a lot of good starts that fizzle off. I remember a couple of year ago we were pretty hot and then we got swept by Niagara at home and were never really able to gain steam the rest of the season.

Before we start pulling the rug out from underneath the team, this is only their second and third loss of the season, both of which were away to two very good teams. The level of play Yale and Brown showed on Friday and Saturday I'm not surprised that QU lost. I think we definitely could have beaten them, but there were many factors affecting each game that i'll go into if needed.
If they lose both games this weekend I would start thinking perhaps we're "streaky", but I'm not there yet.
The only time i can recall us being streaky is two seasons ago we lost all six of our last home games, but I do remember there was a lot of injuries on the team and there was very little leadership.

MarkEagleUSA
12-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Down 2 spots to 8th in the USAToday Poll (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm) with Cornell 5th and Yale 7th. Still very respectable all things considered. :cool:

Time to get back to business Thursday night at Holy Cross!

GoQ!
12-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Chickens Little - the sky is not falling.

There is strong leadership on the team this year and that will make a big difference. There is depth in goaltending this year and that will make a difference. I've watched the Bobcats for seven years and there's something special about this team.

They'll reload and come out flying this week.

Go Q!

allnightwong
12-07-2009, 04:20 PM
What does this have to do with anything? It's a nicer looking jersey than the gold one, silly to think color should prevent teams from selling a shirt. Would the Bruins stop wearing their black sweaters because the Flyers have similar ones? Come on.

Besides any move by QU is primarily based on making money so I figure this is really a no brainer.

Well and the argument that there would be no more gold in the student section doesn't hold much water simply because the students aren't shelling out 75 bucks for a jersey, they'd still have their gold tees on. A select group of fans who decide to buy a jersey won't affect the look or feel in the Bank simply by wearing a blue jersey.

allnightwong
12-07-2009, 04:22 PM
It looks like Mark and myself will be heading to Holy Cross on Thursday. Anyone else opting to take the trip?

MinniQUFan
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Well and the argument that there would be no more gold in the student section doesn't hold much water simply because the students aren't shelling out 75 bucks for a jersey, they'd still have their gold tees on. A select group of fans who decide to buy a jersey won't affect the look or feel in the Bank simply by wearing a blue jersey.

Agreed.

And for the indefinite future, QU is not getting anymore of my money unless it relates to the hockey program.

red army hockey
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Yes it was a tough weekend - going up 4-3 late against Yale i felt pretty good then the collapse - You almost expected the Brown disaster after a emotional game and going into a brutal barn - no harm they are still in great position

Holy Cross and AIC are absolute must wins - I think they get it done

The boys looked a little sluggish this weekend - They have been at such a high level for most of the year I would just take it as a bad weekend - move on

Who would of thought they would be 12-3 or 14-1 or even 10 games over .500 they look good no need to jump off the bridge yet!!!

What are the fantasy results????

Go Cats

MarkEagleUSA
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
What are the fantasy results????They're in their own thread (http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=86979) now.

A Shot and a Goal
12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Down 2 spots to 8th in the USAToday Poll (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm) with Cornell 5th and Yale 7th. Still very respectable all things considered. :cool:

Time to get back to business Thursday night at Holy Cross!

Hey Eagle, Don't worry. The college hockey season is a long one and every team "stubs its toe" at some point during a thirty-plus game regular season schedule. It happened to QU against Ylae and Brom. This week after the team beats the 1972 Russian Red Army team, er, AIC and The Cross you guys will zoom to the top of every poll in sight. ;)

I hope you and your family had a good weekend apart from some disappointments at the Yale Whale and George V. Meehan Auditorium. See ya 'round THE LODGE. :)

MarkEagleUSA
12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey Eagle, Don't worry. I'm not worried... I know there's a lot of season left.

I hope you and your family had a good weekend apart from some disappointments at the Yale Whale and George V. Meehan Auditorium.I went and supported the 'Cats at both games and even though the results weren't exactly good, it's never a bad thing to get out and support your team. ;)

By the way, you're a long time Denver fan... do you must remember this guy (http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=1209428&)?

A Shot and a Goal
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm not worried... I know there's a lot of season left.

I went and supported the 'Cats at both games and even though the results weren't exactly good, it's never a bad thing to get out and support your team. ;)

By the way, you're a long time Denver fan... do you must remember this guy (http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=1209428&)?

I do in fact remember Jack Mac. Oddly enough there is another man serving as the A.D. at a Big Ten school who was at DU at one time. Minnesota's athletic director is Joel Maturi. He left the Pioneers many years ago for the Golden Gophers.

And good for you getting out on the road to support your team. I've gone to any number of DU-CC games down in the Springs [as well as the odd CC game or Air Force game when DU was out of town or had a "bye" weekend. When it comes to college hockey I am indeed a "lifer."] I couldn't even estimate the number of DU home games I've seen. I've held season tickets since I was an undergrad. I'd tell you exactly when that was, but the calendar hadn't yet been invented when I was an undergrad. By the time I was finishing grad school there was wild talk about the possible invention of such a time marking device as a calendar. :D

TimV
12-07-2009, 08:09 PM
The college hockey season is a long one and every team "stubs its toe" at some point...

Except this team, of course:http://cdsun.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/imageserver/imageserver.pl?oid=CDS19700325.1.3&ext=pdf&title=Cornell%20Daily%20Sun%20-%2025%20March%201970;) :D

FredDavenport
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
the polls show how much respect they have for Quinnipiac. Took a while to climb to #4, but they were very good to us keeping the Bobcats in the Top 10.

Bring Your Skates to Saturday's AIC game (4pm) as there will be a "Skate with the Bobcats" after the game.

critsports
12-07-2009, 11:30 PM
It looks like Mark and myself will be heading to Holy Cross on Thursday. Anyone else opting to take the trip?

You know....it might be a stretch for me, but.......I am staying in Worcester Thursday night on business......who knows???

allnightwong
12-08-2009, 02:57 PM
You know....it might be a stretch for me, but.......I am staying in Worcester Thursday night on business......who knows???

We'd love to have ya.

MarkEagleUSA
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
We'd love to have ya.Speak for yourself! :mad:

Just kidding... :p

Mike, if you don't have anything else to do, why not come watch some hockey with us? ;)