X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

#9 we will take it I guess. Another tough week ahead of us here. Keep your eye on the game at hand boys.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
      I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.
      I picked Q for 6th in Vicb's poll because I had no way of knowing how quickly that large a group of first years would come together. I was pretty sure though that given past performance and the abilities of the coaching staff, that they had gathered some very good talent.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
        http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

#9 we will take it I guess.
        USCHO has Cornell 7th and Yale 11th. I'll take the 9th spot (our highest ranking ever!!!)

USA Today has us 10th with Cornell 8th and Yale 11th.

The recognition is nice, but let's hope they keep their eyes on the prize. One game at a time, 60 minutes per game. The polls, rankings and standings will take care of themselves if the boys continue to take care of business!

I must say that it does feel great to be a Bobcat fan today!
        Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 11-23-2009, 05:04 PM.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

A great weekend of hockey - It's great to see a team effort every night - Its good to see the Coach playing all lines and getting players involved in the game - Last year was the BL and Marsh Show every night and that killed the team

The cats looked very good between the pipes and that's something we haven't had in hamden since Pisellini left

Penalty Kill was awesome - JMB Wong Lampe Atkinson are playing there best hockey since coming to Hamden

The D has been a real surprise considering there youth - Hansen has been playing solid

The Tigers will be hungry - Not sure who will play in net Kalemba has struggled - Looking forward to a tough rumble Tigers always play the cats tough in Hamden I like the Bobcats - 3-1 - continue the roll!!

Comment

Right back to business on Wednesday. Can't disapoint after a weekend like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
              Right back to business on Wednesday. Can't disapoint after a weekend like that.
              Rand's toughest job this week will be keeping them focused. The guys must keep the intensity level high.

Princeton has had our number recently, and they've got to be seething with the way they've played thus far. They'll be hungry for sure so we'll need to be on top of our game.

Anyone want to speculate on who starts in net?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

well said...see you all on Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  And with only 22 conference games, ECAC non-ivies play 12 non-conference games, more than any other conference.

But at least you got the part about a good start to the season for Q correct...
                  Fair enough I was thinking the ivies... but the non conference games while against decent teams are not against very good teams (UMASS is an enigma this early in the year but might well be a year long contender). Ohio State and St Cloud are decent middle of the pack teams, I would like to see how Q does against one of the top teams in a non conference match up. I am not knocking Q as I think they would do well, the ECAC has historically been looked down upon compared to other leagues (Cornell the exception) so I would love to see a match up in the regular season with one of the top teams like Cornell/CC and Cornell BU (if BU didn't suck right now) as I think it would be great for you guys and exciting to watch. (and I don't follow any ECAC teams so I have no loyalty to any school)

Comment

great to see the Q on the front page. The national recognition continues, let's hope the good play does as well.

Comment

Congrats Q-Pac on your highest ranking ever !! Keep it going !!
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I have to admit I am disappointed with only moving up to #9 and somehow Cornell only drops one spot to #6 despite the loss to the Bobcats. I think a lot of these rankings are so based on the preseason rankings it is silly. Anxiously awaiting the other two polls later today!
                        That's a problem with all polls, and a good reason not to have any poll until after New Year's Day. But media outlets have to move product (the reason polls were invented in the first place).

Congrats to Quinnipiac for the win Saturday. Cornell's been playing well and the Bobcats legitimately dominated at some points. They definitely look like a bye candidate.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

great to see the Q on the front page. The national recognition continues, let's hope the good play does as well.
                          That was a pleasant surprise this morning to say the least.

Princeton has always been a tough game for us, no matter which if us is having an up or down year. With the students home for break already it's going to be a much different atmosphere that what they've been playing in at home this season.

With the great play this weekend, and the recognizition that we've been getting lately its more important now than before to keep everyone in focus. It's been said a few times here... 60 minutes of play. We almost let Cornell get the best of us late... I'm sure that kept them ahead of us a little bit. We need to finish the games just as strong as we've been starting them.
                          Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                          The Northford years

Comment

I have to be honest here... the thing I like about being highly ranked isn't the rankings themselves, it's the accolades from our foes! I truly feel that is the best type of recognition a program can get!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I am not your enemy.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                I am not your enemy.
                                Opponents just didn't have the same punch!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X