X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourselves. Go .500 for the rest of the ECAC schedule at this point and you've still got a first-round bye.
    Definitely. Hell, you've got home ice in the first round if you just go 4-12.

Comment

Sheesh, what ever happened to rebuilding? I guess it must be a fast track project. Your boys are on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        Sheesh, what ever happened to rebuilding? I guess it must be a fast track project. Your boys are on fire.
        I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.

Comment

Good start to the season for you guys. Good to see a new team atop the ECAC, too bad the schedule isn't stronger to let you get a big more respect (not slamming just noting it is hard when you play a shorter schedule with fewer out of conference games to be taken for real even when you have a great team).

Good luck the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.
            My concern was the defense - I didn't expect there was going to be any. Whoops.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
              Good start to the season for you guys. Good to see a new team atop the ECAC, too bad the schedule isn't stronger to let you get a big more respect (not slamming just noting it is hard when you play a shorter schedule with fewer out of conference games to be taken for real even when you have a great team).

Quinnipiac isn't an Ivy League school. They play just as many games as every other team in the nation (except the Ivies, of course).

Comment

And with St. Cloud, Umass, Ohio State on the schedule there aren't as many cupcake games.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post

And with only 22 conference games, ECAC non-ivies play 12 non-conference games, more than any other conference.

But at least you got the part about a good start to the season for Q correct...
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
                    I am extremely excited to see just how high they climb tomorrow.
                    Nice start to the day... INCH has us at #9!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      INCH sucks. Reserve your excitement for the USCHO and USA Today polls.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I have to admit I am disappointed with only moving up to #9 and somehow Cornell only drops one spot to #6 despite the loss to the Bobcats. I think a lot of these rankings are so based on the preseason rankings it is silly. Anxiously awaiting the other two polls later today!

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                          This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

We were just talking on Saturday while listening to the Webcast that this was certainly the year to get the seasons. We've floundered in the past not sure how many games we really were going to be able to make it to and just bit the bullet when they went on sale. It certainly was a good decision.

In the seven years I've been watching the Bobcats this is certainly one of the most exciting years to be in the stands. The winning helps a lot... but they are hard fought games every night... the students are showing up and being enthusiastic... it's really turned into one of the best hockey experiences I've been to, every time.

Can't wait for Princeton on Wednesday!
                          Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                          The Northford years

Comment

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
                            Quinnipiac isn't an Ivy League school. They play just as many games as every other team in the nation (except the Ivies, of course).
                            Great to see you guys playing such strong hockey.
                            Now if only Yale can step it up...wouldn't it be great to have top 2 teams in the ECAC located in the greater New Haven area.

Sooner or later, I hope they rearrange travel partners so that these two schools are matched up.

Looking forward to the two games later this year!
                            -------------
                            Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten at QU View Post
                              the students are showing up and being enthusiastic...

Can't wait for Princeton on Wednesday!
                              Keep in mind that the students are on break this week, so the attendance Wednesday will be sparse. Hopefully, we'll get more locals up there, but with the holiday I'm not overly optimistic.

I do expect a big crowd for Saturday, even if it means lots of UMass fans. (they had a good turnout last Thursday at Yale).
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Keep in mind that the students are on break this week, so the attendance Wednesday will be sparse. Hopefully, we'll get more locals up there, but with the holiday I'm not overly optimistic.

I do expect a big crowd for Saturday, even if it means lots of UMass fans. (they had a good turnout last Thursday at Yale).
                                they are anticipating a much smaller crowd... I actually got an email through that for Wednesday and Saturday season ticket holders can get free kids tickets of $5 adult tickets. Hopefully they can make up for it a little bit.

Even with out the student Wednesday should be a great game.
                                Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                                The Northford years

Comment

Working...
                                X