This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Congrats to the 'cats on a good win at Lynah. Cornell shot themselves in the foot with far too many offensive and neutral zone penalties all night. I don't think it really ended up being best-against-best, which is a real shame. I suspect Cornell will be hungry for one when they head to Camden in February - should be an even better game next time around!
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I mentioned this to Mark a couple games ago. This program just never seems to let down their fans. It seems that every year we put out a competitive, fun to watch hockey team. Just two years into the league we crash the party in Albany and are one period away from the NCAAs. We have achieved very high national rankings and continue to be thought of as an upper level league team. Even in a year when the pollsters are down on us (11th in the media poll), and it appears we may have our first Brown-like season the team comes roaring out of the gate and has IMO their best start in program history given the competition and the expectations. This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

Kudos to Jack, Rand and everybody else behind the scenes that continues to put out a top notch, world class program. Your fans appreciate it.

Comment

This team just leaves me speechless. To go in to Colgate and Cornell and take four points, just cements their status as the best team in the ECAC. I am extremely excited to see just how high they climb tomorrow. Another big week ahead for the boys, with a hungry Princeton team Wednesday and the true test a showdown with UMASS Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          when they head to Camden in February
          That would be Hamden, but we'll excuse you since you're a Cornellian.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Congrats to Q on the awesome start. Arguably the two best teams from the ECAC come from New Haven (although I don't know if Yale is still one of the top teams after a weakish start).
            Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by JimRoz View Post
              This team just leaves me speechless.
              Me too!

I only wish they work on that 3rd period "stagnation" they had this weekend. Maybe they're running out of gas; maybe some guys are getting close to "the wall"; maybe they're going to the prevent D too soon. Whatever it is, it needs to be addressed before it comes back to haunt us.

Other than that, they're doing everything right. Great D, agressive offense, good fore and back checking, and solid in net. Every line has produced and special teams play has gotten better with each game.

Watching last night it was obvious that everyone was hustling every shift (except for several minutes in the 3rd ). The funniest thing I saw all night was right before a faceoff, there was a shot of Heichman next to a Cornell guy... and he barely came to his shoulder. As the puck dropped, the 2 skated towards the boards and Spencer nailed him. I think it just illustrated the level of committment all the guys have showed so far. No one is afraid to step up and do their part.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                I mentioned this to Mark a couple games ago. This program just never seems to let down their fans. It seems that every year we put out a competitive, fun to watch hockey team. Just two years into the league we crash the party in Albany and are one period away from the NCAAs. We have achieved very high national rankings and continue to be thought of as an upper level league team. Even in a year when the pollsters are down on us (11th in the media poll), and it appears we may have our first Brown-like season the team comes roaring out of the gate and has IMO their best start in program history given the competition and the expectations. This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

Kudos to Jack, Rand and everybody else behind the scenes that continues to put out a top notch, world class program. Your fans appreciate it.
                There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season. We're hot right now, but we always start hot. I'm interested to see what happens to this team in January and February, which is when we usually nosedive.

We've been top of the conference (or near it) almost every year, if not every year, since we joined the league early on, only to fall back to earth late in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                  Congrats to Q on the awesome start.
                  Thanks!

Arguably the two best teams from the ECAC come from New Haven
                  The best ECAC team is from Hamden!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

That's really impressive, you guys.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                      We've been top of the conference (or near it) almost every year, if not every year, since we joined the league early on, only to fall back to earth late in the year.
                      That's true Z, but I'm telling you that there is definitely something different about this team. You really need to try and get to a game and see for yourself... it's something you can almost feel.

However, you are right about it still being early. The rematches with the last 6 league opponents are definitely going to be different from the first time around. But if they continue playing at the level they've shown, I like our chances against anyone.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season. We're hot right now, but we always start hot. I'm interested to see what happens to this team in January and February, which is when we usually nosedive.

It's exactly what I was thinking last night. We can still easily throw away the season, but from what we've been able to accomplish so far, it's been very impressive!

I'm very excited to see how this keeps up!

We're by no means perfect, our third period definitely needs some work, but there's been great efforts made by all and we have a lot of talent to work with
                        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

You're kinda missing what I was saying. It does not pertain directly to this season. I'm saying as a Bobcat fan and Hamden resident, the program as a whole has never let me down.

Comment

There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season.
                            Don't be too hard on yourselves. Go .500 for the rest of the ECAC schedule at this point and you've still got a first-round bye.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              That's true Z, but I'm telling you that there is definitely something different about this team. You really need to try and get to a game and see for yourself... it's something you can almost feel.

However, you are right about it still being early. The rematches with the last 6 league opponents are definitely going to be different from the first time around. But if they continue playing at the level they've shown, I like our chances against anyone.
                              It definitely feels different, just watching from afar. Trust me, I'm completely pumped about what's going on right now. But I'm not going to start jumping off padded walls until I see this team play this well in February.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                                You're kinda missing what I was saying. It does not pertain directly to this season. I'm saying as a Bobcat fan and Hamden resident, the program as a whole has never let me down.
                                True that.... I've written basically the same thing on here before -- what this program has been able to accomplish in 4 short seasons has been completely remarkable, and is one of the quickest rises in college hockey history.

Comment

Working...
                                X