PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MagnessMan
11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Congrats on the #4 ranking and the seven first place votes!

MinniQUFan
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Early thoughts on the weekend?

If QU can go to Cornell and win, they can without a doubt go to Yale and win. I think someone already said, but yale is the perfect opponent coming off the high of the last week. Gotta keep it going knowing you're up against another nationally ranked team. If Brown were the Friday game, you'd have to be worrying about that game becoming a trap game.

If QU can pull off the win Friday, I'd say there's a good chance QU will not lose the rest of 2009. Even with a "setback" Friday, QU is in great shape to end the year with only two losses.

Kitten at QU
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Early thoughts on the weekend?

If QU can go to Cornell and win, they can without a doubt go to Yale and win. I think someone already said, but yale is the perfect opponent coming off the high of the last week. Gotta keep it going knowing you're up against another nationally ranked team. If Brown were the Friday game, you'd have to be worrying about that game becoming a trap game.

If QU can pull off the win Friday, I'd say there's a good chance QU will not lose the rest of 2009. Even with a "setback" Friday, QU is in great shape to end the year with only two losses.

I can't agree more... going to Cornell and taking a W was huge which makes taking a W at the whale a slightly easier thought. Hopefully with the game being so close QU will run a bus like they had in years past. I would love to bring some of the energy from TD with us for this game. No matter how good or bad either team is, QU Yale is always a tough fought game and the boys should be going into it with a clear head.

Yale did lose some of its size from last year, but they looked really good last week against a far weaker SHU. Backman still makes the plays for them and needs to be watched, Malcolm in goal looked exceptionally good as well. It's not going to be a walk in the park.

As long as we go out as strong as we have been the last few weeks and keep our head in for a full 60 minutes we should be all set.

MinniQUFan
12-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Hopefully with the game being so close QU will run a bus like they had in years past. I would love to bring some of the energy from TD with us for this game.

My jr year... so feb of 2006, QU must have sent 3 or 4 buses to Yale. As I recall it was a NESN game, and Yale was kind of embarrassed not only be the shellacking QU delivered in a 6 to 2 win, but also by the dominant QU turnout on their home ice. It'd be nice to repeat such a student turnout again, but doubtful. Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?

Quinn57
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I was there for that MinniQUFan. Twas a great time. That whole year was a lot of fun and the athletic department was great bussing everyone around. In fact as far as providing busses to Away events, they've always been tremendous.

I got a few in before the game so the scoresheet is a little hazy but it was a great way to start what is in my mind our biggest rivalry to date.

starlessixisky
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?

The student turnout was alright. I don't think they ran a bus, so everyone had to get there on their own. More people had shown up than I thought would, but we by no means stood out tremendously in fans.

So far I have heard nothing about a bus to the game this weekend. I don't think the university bought any tickets for students to go.

starlessixisky
12-01-2009, 12:28 PM
And if you check the QU athletics website, Rand will be in the QU bookstore signing copies of his "Hard Core Hockey" book, for anyone who is interested!

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17500&ATCLID=204842171

RallyMonkeyTime
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM

QU has to be careful against Brown. I'm viewing this as a trap game. Coming off a huge game on Friday night @ Yale, it's going to be tough to get pumped up against Brown.

RallyMonkeyTime
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
My jr year... so feb of 2006, QU must have sent 3 or 4 buses to Yale. As I recall it was a NESN game, and Yale was kind of embarrassed not only be the shellacking QU delivered in a 6 to 2 win, but also by the dominant QU turnout on their home ice. It'd be nice to repeat such a student turnout again, but doubtful. Anyone who went to the game at Yale in late Jan of this year remember how the QU student turnout was?

It's tough for students to get tickets. A couple of my friends bought 10 tickets a piece on Monday, and the box office people said it's almost sold out. I know a lot of QU students want to go, but there aren't many tickets left.

FlagDUDE08
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Cornell was actually number 3 at some point last year (and this year?). If Quinny wins twice this weekend in convincing fashion, #2 would not be out of the question!

Yea, but that's pre-season hype. Quinny earned the spot by playing hard through the non-league and league play. They're for real. Not to say that Cornell isn't, but they haven't played enough to show that they're top 5 yet.

LynahFan
12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Cornell's played enough, they just haven't won enough. :(

MinniQUFan
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
It's tough for students to get tickets. A couple of my friends bought 10 tickets a piece on Monday, and the box office people said it's almost sold out. I know a lot of QU students want to go, but there aren't many tickets left.

That's a shame. Seems to me if my memory serves me correctly, in 06 QU had bought a good allotment of tickets (like 2 or 300) for students to then buy... and then when those went quick, they may have bought more. I could be wrong though. There were for sure 4 or 5 buses packed with QU students that went to Ingles though. Enough that QU's fans made their presence more than felt.

MinniQUFan
12-01-2009, 05:18 PM
QU has to be careful against Brown. I'm viewing this as a trap game. Coming off a huge game on Friday night @ Yale, it's going to be tough to get pumped up against Brown.

If QU is the team we think and hope they are, they won't lose Saturday. Great teams don't let themselves get suckered into losing trap games. Now if QU is simply a very good team, then yes, Saturday could be dangerous.

MarkEagleUSA
12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
If QU is the team we think and hope they are, they won't lose Saturday.They have to get through Friday before they can worry about Saturday. Even we fans need to remember the one-game-at-a-time way of thinking. ;)

MinniQUFan
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
They have to get through Friday before they can worry about Saturday. Even we fans need to remember the one-game-at-a-time way of thinking. ;)

True, though this was more of a general point about trap games and what separates very good teams from great teams. Even if Saturday isn't a trap game (since it really won't be a trap game if QU loses on Friday as it will become an important game in salvaging two points out of the weekend), QU will encounter other trap games eventually.

MarkEagleUSA
12-01-2009, 06:39 PM
We should bring a flag...

.Now, a QU banner... that would be sweet!Does anyone know if they sell a decent sized QU flag or banner at the bookstore? :confused:

allnightwong
12-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know if they sell a decent sized QU flag or banner at the bookstore? :confused:

They must have something that would suffice.

Puckie14
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Got my tickets for Friday night. Aisle 10, Row M.

JimRoz
12-02-2009, 10:11 AM
We are 1/2 through the week can't wait to see how the Bobcats play. I will be going to the game at Brown so I hope the boys have some left in the tank for Saturday after what should be an outstanding game Friday at Ingalls.

MarkEagleUSA
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I think this was in today's paper...

The New Haven Register will be having a live chat (http://www.nhregister.com/chat) with Rand Pecknold and Keith Allain tomorrow (Thursday) from 2-3. Rand will be on from 2-2:25; Allain will be on from 2:30-2:55.

I probably can't get online at that time so I'll be missing all the fun... :(