PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Kepler
11-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I have to admit I am disappointed with only moving up to #9 and somehow Cornell only drops one spot to #6 despite the loss to the Bobcats. I think a lot of these rankings are so based on the preseason rankings it is silly. Anxiously awaiting the other two polls later today!

That's a problem with all polls, and a good reason not to have any poll until after New Year's Day. But media outlets have to move product (the reason polls were invented in the first place).

Congrats to Quinnipiac for the win Saturday. Cornell's been playing well and the Bobcats legitimately dominated at some points. They definitely look like a bye candidate.

Kitten at QU
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
great to see the Q on the front page. The national recognition continues, let's hope the good play does as well.

That was a pleasant surprise this morning to say the least.

Princeton has always been a tough game for us, no matter which if us is having an up or down year. With the students home for break already it's going to be a much different atmosphere that what they've been playing in at home this season.

With the great play this weekend, and the recognizition that we've been getting lately its more important now than before to keep everyone in focus. It's been said a few times here... 60 minutes of play. We almost let Cornell get the best of us late... I'm sure that kept them ahead of us a little bit. We need to finish the games just as strong as we've been starting them.

MarkEagleUSA
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM
I have to be honest here... the thing I like about being highly ranked isn't the rankings themselves, it's the accolades from our foes! I truly feel that is the best type of recognition a program can get! :cool:

Red Cloud
11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I am not your enemy.

MarkEagleUSA
11-24-2009, 04:05 PM
I am not your enemy.Opponents just didn't have the same punch! ;)

allnightwong
11-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Quinnipiac 5, Princeton 3.

Keep it goin boys! See everyone up there tonight!

Kitten at QU
11-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Quinnipiac 5, Princeton 3.

Keep it goin boys! See everyone up there tonight!

See you there wonger. This should be a very good game tonight, again.

MarkEagleUSA
11-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone want to speculate on who starts in net?I see this question caused a wave of responses! :o I think we see Clarke tonight to make sure he's ready for Saturday.

And I'm in agreement with wonger... 5-3 Bobcats! See ya at the Bank!

Go Q!

MinniQUFan
11-25-2009, 11:05 AM
I will withhold from a prediction since doing so would jinx us.

yalehockeyfan
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I will withhold from a prediction since doing so would jinx us.

A win tonight by Q would both surprise me, and get me even more fired up for the game vs. Y on Dec 4.

However, given how awesome Q has played to begin the season, I really shouldn't be surprised by them at this point....tonight they can prove it to me.

yalehockeyfan
11-25-2009, 07:13 PM
A win tonight by Q would both surprise me, and get me even more fired up for the game vs. Y on Dec 4.

However, given how awesome Q has played to begin the season, I really shouldn't be surprised by them at this point....tonight they can prove it to me.

OK, now I'm worried about the game Dec 4th.
Q scores 4 goals in the 2nd period and is beating Princeton 4-0.
This team is more than for real.

starlessixisky
11-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Fabulous win QU!!
First period was slow and quite boring frankly from both teams. I think Q was flat from the lack of a rowdy student section, though there was a good crowd in general.
We obviously picked it up in the second with three goals in the first four minutes of play. They played really well I think. Even after getting up 4 to 0, the boys still played very hard and very offensively, not laying off for a minute!
Even in the third we kept up the intensity. You could see the guys fighting to catch their breath during play stoppage.
Clarke was unstoppable in net once again. There were maybe two rebounds I gasped at, but nice job!
Glaicar slightly dissapointed until the third period, he had a nice play and saved the puck.
Dickinson had a great game, probably skated the hardest all night. Mooks, Wonger, Heichman, Lampe and Holt all had a great game too. A lot of freshmen faces out there - Baron, Langlois, Davies

I can't wait for Saturday. I'm worried, but if QU can bring back the intensity and have their top skills, it's gonna be a good one!

MarkEagleUSA
11-25-2009, 08:40 PM
OK, now I'm worried about the game Dec 4th.
Q scores 4 goals in the 2nd period and is beating Princeton 4-0.
This team is more than for real.A 5-1 final! All I can say is that we were all over the Tigers, especially in the 2nd. Both teams were a bit slow in the first, but the Bobcats started to come alive in the last few minutes. Came out to start the 2nd on the PP and started the onslaught.

Our puck movement and control was great, the D played fantastic, and Clarke was solid in net. When one guy would get taken out of the play, another stepped in. Tremendous PK, solid PP... a complete effort. I do believe we are for real!

Nice job Q! :cool:

It was also nice to meet Kitten and her husband, and nice to have Mike (critsports from SLU) at the game. A decent crowd as well being a mid-week holiday eve. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Wholin1
11-25-2009, 08:47 PM
And just exactly how did this team manage to lose a game? :confused: Good luck on Saturday.

MarkEagleUSA
11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
And just exactly how did this team manage to lose a game?It was probably good for them to have suffered that loss. It certainly set them on fire! ;)

Good luck on Saturday.Thanks.

ZYanksRule
11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
What a nifty second period that was!

Quinnipiac is starting to turn heads. Things are starting to get fun around here, aren't they!

MarkEagleUSA
11-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Things are starting to get fun around here, aren't they!Nope! Things are fun around here! :cool:

MarkEagleUSA
11-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Q scores 4 goals in the 2nd periodMake that 5... and 4 of them were PPG's! ;)

allnightwong
11-25-2009, 10:18 PM
And just exactly how did this team manage to lose a game? :confused: Good luck on Saturday.

Shoddy goaltending but still put up 63 shots. Should be 12-0.

allnightwong
11-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Really enjoyable win tonight. Not much else to say. Just some food for thought...Quinnipiac didn't get their 22nd point of the season until January 3rd last season and December 30th two years ago. Pretty darn impressive.

Gotta love the freshies steppin up tonight. Congrats to Loren Barron on his first couple goals of his career. Langlois is blossoming and turning into quite the player. Let's carry it into Saturday!