PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

redrocker
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Good start to the season for you guys. Good to see a new team atop the ECAC, too bad the schedule isn't stronger to let you get a big more respect (not slamming just noting it is hard when you play a shorter schedule with fewer out of conference games to be taken for real even when you have a great team).

Good luck the rest of the year.

Quinnipiac isn't an Ivy League school. They play just as many games as every other team in the nation (except the Ivies, of course).

allnightwong
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
And with St. Cloud, Umass, Ohio State on the schedule there aren't as many cupcake games.

LynahFan
11-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Good start to the season for you guys. Good to see a new team atop the ECAC, too bad the schedule isn't stronger to let you get a big more respect (not slamming just noting it is hard when you play a shorter schedule with fewer out of conference games to be taken for real even when you have a great team).

Good luck the rest of the year.

And with only 22 conference games, ECAC non-ivies play 12 non-conference games, more than any other conference.

But at least you got the part about a good start to the season for Q correct... :rolleyes:

MarkEagleUSA
11-23-2009, 03:42 AM
I am extremely excited to see just how high they climb tomorrow.Nice start to the day... INCH (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0910/polls_0809.htm) has us at #9! :cool:

Red Cloud
11-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Nice start to the day... INCH (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0910/polls_0809.htm) has us at #9! :cool:

INCH sucks. Reserve your excitement for the USCHO and USA Today polls. :)

JimRoz
11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Nice start to the day... INCH (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0910/polls_0809.htm) has us at #9! :cool:

I have to admit I am disappointed with only moving up to #9 and somehow Cornell only drops one spot to #6 despite the loss to the Bobcats. I think a lot of these rankings are so based on the preseason rankings it is silly. Anxiously awaiting the other two polls later today!

Kitten at QU
11-23-2009, 09:00 AM
This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

We were just talking on Saturday while listening to the Webcast that this was certainly the year to get the seasons. We've floundered in the past not sure how many games we really were going to be able to make it to and just bit the bullet when they went on sale. It certainly was a good decision.

In the seven years I've been watching the Bobcats this is certainly one of the most exciting years to be in the stands. The winning helps a lot... but they are hard fought games every night... the students are showing up and being enthusiastic... it's really turned into one of the best hockey experiences I've been to, every time.

Can't wait for Princeton on Wednesday!

yalehockeyfan
11-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Quinnipiac isn't an Ivy League school. They play just as many games as every other team in the nation (except the Ivies, of course).

Great to see you guys playing such strong hockey.
Now if only Yale can step it up...wouldn't it be great to have top 2 teams in the ECAC located in the greater New Haven area.

Sooner or later, I hope they rearrange travel partners so that these two schools are matched up.

Looking forward to the two games later this year!

MarkEagleUSA
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
the students are showing up and being enthusiastic...

Can't wait for Princeton on Wednesday!Keep in mind that the students are on break this week, so the attendance Wednesday will be sparse. Hopefully, we'll get more locals up there, but with the holiday I'm not overly optimistic.

I do expect a big crowd for Saturday, even if it means lots of UMass fans. :p (they had a good turnout last Thursday at Yale).

Kitten at QU
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Keep in mind that the students are on break this week, so the attendance Wednesday will be sparse. Hopefully, we'll get more locals up there, but with the holiday I'm not overly optimistic.

I do expect a big crowd for Saturday, even if it means lots of UMass fans. :p (they had a good turnout last Thursday at Yale).

they are anticipating a much smaller crowd... I actually got an email through that for Wednesday and Saturday season ticket holders can get free kids tickets of $5 adult tickets. Hopefully they can make up for it a little bit.

Even with out the student Wednesday should be a great game.

JimRoz
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

#9 we will take it I guess. Another tough week ahead of us here. Keep your eye on the game at hand boys.

Wholin1
11-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.
I picked Q for 6th in Vicb's poll because I had no way of knowing how quickly that large a group of first years would come together. I was pretty sure though that given past performance and the abilities of the coaching staff, that they had gathered some very good talent.

MarkEagleUSA
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

#9 we will take it I guess.USCHO has Cornell 7th and Yale 11th. I'll take the 9th spot (our highest ranking ever!!!) :cool:

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/hockey/usatmen.htm) has us 10th with Cornell 8th and Yale 11th. :cool:

The recognition is nice, but let's hope they keep their eyes on the prize. One game at a time, 60 minutes per game. The polls, rankings and standings will take care of themselves if the boys continue to take care of business! ;)

I must say that it does feel great to be a Bobcat fan today! :D

red army hockey
11-23-2009, 04:41 PM
A great weekend of hockey - It's great to see a team effort every night - Its good to see the Coach playing all lines and getting players involved in the game - Last year was the BL and Marsh Show every night and that killed the team

The cats looked very good between the pipes and that's something we haven't had in hamden since Pisellini left

Penalty Kill was awesome - JMB Wong Lampe Atkinson are playing there best hockey since coming to Hamden

The D has been a real surprise considering there youth - Hansen has been playing solid

The Tigers will be hungry - Not sure who will play in net Kalemba has struggled - Looking forward to a tough rumble Tigers always play the cats tough in Hamden I like the Bobcats - 3-1 - continue the roll!!

MinniQUFan
11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Right back to business on Wednesday. Can't disapoint after a weekend like that.

MarkEagleUSA
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Right back to business on Wednesday. Can't disapoint after a weekend like that.Rand's toughest job this week will be keeping them focused. The guys must keep the intensity level high.

Princeton has had our number recently, and they've got to be seething with the way they've played thus far. They'll be hungry for sure so we'll need to be on top of our game.

Anyone want to speculate on who starts in net?

FredDavenport
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
well said...see you all on Wednesday

kdaddy
11-23-2009, 07:49 PM
And with only 22 conference games, ECAC non-ivies play 12 non-conference games, more than any other conference.

But at least you got the part about a good start to the season for Q correct... :rolleyes:

Fair enough I was thinking the ivies... but the non conference games while against decent teams are not against very good teams (UMASS is an enigma this early in the year but might well be a year long contender). Ohio State and St Cloud are decent middle of the pack teams, I would like to see how Q does against one of the top teams in a non conference match up. I am not knocking Q as I think they would do well, the ECAC has historically been looked down upon compared to other leagues (Cornell the exception) so I would love to see a match up in the regular season with one of the top teams like Cornell/CC and Cornell BU (if BU didn't suck right now) as I think it would be great for you guys and exciting to watch. (and I don't follow any ECAC teams so I have no loyalty to any school)

JimRoz
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
great to see the Q on the front page. The national recognition continues, let's hope the good play does as well.

sshablak
11-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Congrats Q-Pac on your highest ranking ever !! Keep it going !!