X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

All,

Wow 7-1!

There definitely was 3300 or more there. And yes there were empty seats. It is pretty simple for me to judge from Section 112. I count the empty seats of one section, then the number of people standing exactly behind that section. In many sections there were more standing behind the section than empty seats.

Nice problem QU seems to have is that one of the best seats in the house is standing.

Video Highlights of all QU Goals and Interviews are now up at:

http://athleticsmedia.quinnipiac.edu...B_OEM_ID=17500

Comment

History at the Bank has shown that the regular crowd (present company excluded) is rather tame. There have been games where it seemed the visiting fans were louder the we were. The place needs the students there in numbers to create the rowdy college hockey atmosphere.

It'll be interesting to see what the turnout is tonight...
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
        In many sections there were more standing behind the section than empty seats.
        I have to agree with this. Looking around the concourse there were very few openings in the SRO crowd. The area under the press box seemed especially crowded last night.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
          1. Take fewer penalties
          2. Get a new public address announcer
          3. Bring back Boomer
          4. Go back to throwing the free shirts from the ice
          5. Add the 2008 Toyota UConn Hockey Classic Championship to the championship banner
          1. They tried... and it showed.
          2. The regular guy was back last night.
          3. Boomer was seen roaming the stands.
          4. Still no dice. Since they're immediately bringing out the Zamboni's, I wonder if it has more to do with making sure they get a good sheet of ice laid down than entertaining the fans?
          5. Nada.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
            Excited to see Montreal's first rounder LeBlanc on Fri (taken right before the Rangers nabbed Kreider) but would be even happier to see him flattened by one of our D-Men.
            I don't recall if he ever got flattened, but the D certainly contained him. I was NOT impressed by him at all.

And a learned friend told us before the game to keep an eye on Huxley because, and I quote, "he's a stud!" - not even close last night.

Anyway, tonight's another game against a team that's looking for its first win. Another effort like last night and we'll be in good shape.

Go Q!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              I don't recall if he ever got flattened, but the D certainly contained him. I was NOT impressed by him at all.

And a learned friend told us before the game to keep an eye on Huxley because, and I quote, "he's a stud!" - not even close last night.

Anyway, tonight's another game against a team that's looking for its first win. Another effort like last night and we'll be in good shape.

Go Q!
              While the Bobcats are certainly a very good team, you are not very astute when it comes to judging talent. Leblanc was far and away the best player on the ice for Harvard last night which isn't saying much if you look at the scoreboard. But I saw the game and your D was running around trying to contain his line. It was Harvard's best line last night and will probably be that way for the remainder of the season. LeBlanc is a certified 'stud' and you can ask anyone who has seen him play so far. The opposition fans are in agreement on that too.

Huxley is playing better than he has the prior two seasons but you wouldn't know that because you haven't seen him play on a regular basis.

Again, Harvard did not submit its best effort and your guys obviously had a lot to do with that. As the season goes along, things may change. It's early.

Comment

The Bobcats have wings tonight!!!

3-0, after the first period!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  3-0, after the first period!
                  After another great start, they faltered a bit in the 2nd. Darmouth totally outplayed us and almost climbed back into it.

I'm sure Rand wasn't happy with the performance in the 2nd and let 'em have it during the break. The wings returned in the 3rd and I thought they played their hearts out.

Clarke had another decent outing. There was nothing he could do on the first goal as he had 4 or 5 bodies on top of him. The puck squirted out (we thought there should have been a whistle) and Dartmouth buried it over the heap. He had some big saves, especially a breakaway midway through the 3rd.

It was nice to see them rebound for the final period.

It was also nice to put a face to a couple of fellow posters. Hopefully we'll see you guys at a few more games?

By the way, in case nobody noticed... another weekend schweeep by the Bobcats!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Hey, they're not all gonna be picture perfect. Not sure if Dartmouth is that bad, Quinnipiac is that good, or a mixture of both. QU sure did look good for a solid 40 minutes, and against this DC team, that was enough for a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                      you are not very astute when it comes to judging talent
                      Perhaps I should defer to your superiority?

Leblanc was far and away the best player on the ice for Harvard last night which isn't saying much if you look at the scoreboard.
                      That was my point... for all the press he's gotten, he was a non-factor last night. I have not seen him play and I don't follow the Crimson so all I have to go on is the 60 minutes I saw last night. If he buries us in Cambridge, I'll acknowledge it.

LeBlanc is a certified 'stud' and you can ask anyone who has seen him play so far. The opposition fans are in agreement on that too.
                      He was the main topic of conversation prior to the game Friday. Everyone, myself included, was concerned he might be trouble... it just never happend.

Huxley is playing better than he has the prior two seasons but you wouldn't know that because you haven't seen him play on a regular basis.
                      Of course. I realize I saw only a small sample, but what I did see did not impress me. I don't think you can fault me for stating that.

Again, Harvard did not submit its best effort and your guys obviously had a lot to do with that. As the season goes along, things may change. It's early.
                      I know all to well what that's like. It is still early and I know we've had a month or so more time together than you have. We'll just have to see what happens at the end of December. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get to Cambridge that day to see in person.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                        Not sure if Dartmouth is that bad
                        At the risk of upsetting the Harvard fans , I thought DC played us a lot tougher than the Crimson did. Both teams still have some cobwebs since the Ivy's get a later start to the season than we do, so we probably didn't see the Big Green's best game either. I'm sure the rematches with both clubs will be a lot tougher.

QU sure did look good for a solid 40 minutes, and against this DC team, that was enough for a win.
                        And I won't make any apologies for either win this weeked!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

Great to meet you Mark and Wong. I'll be back for a number of games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            At the risk of upsetting the Harvard fans , I thought DC played us a lot tougher than the Crimson did. Both teams still have some cobwebs since the Ivy's get a later start to the season than we do, so we probably didn't see the Big Green's best game either. I'm sure the rematches with both clubs will be a lot tougher.
                            Dartmouth played way more desperate, but in the same vein, Q came out as flat as they've been all year in the second period. If they maintained the same energy they had in the first and third, the game would've been 7-0.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                              Great to meet you Mark and Wong. I'll be back for a number of games this year.
                              The feeling's mutual Minni. You and Roz are welcome to join our little group over at 113 whenever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                                The feeling's mutual Minni. You and Roz are welcome to join our little group over at 113 whenever you want.
                                Mutual 2x... even if you weren't sportin' the 33!

We really need to push for those bar stools, eh wonger?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X