X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
    Man. That writer just took a flying leap onto the "Hey. Everyone thought QU would be bad, but it turns out they're not!" bandwagon. There are still a laundry list of question marks throughout the team. Surprised he's writing off two talented teams seemingly so easily.

Would anybody be against Rand having any web sites w/ College Hockey commentary blocked from all our players computers? I really hope they arent reading it but it seems to happen each year.
    Fix the penalties, and it seems like QU is an early-season favorite. S'all I'm sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
      Hey all, I have to say I'm a little suprised Sullivan has us taking both so easily this weekend but its definitely doable.
      Nothing easy about it, but definitely doable!

Let's keep this train movin.
      Choo-choo! The Bobcat Express is comin' at ya!

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
      Fix the penalties
      No argument here since the PK can't carry us all season. BTW, nice write up!

Go Q!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Fix the penalties, and it seems like QU is an early-season favorite. S'all I'm sayin...
        Well that's music to our collective ears!

Come over to Hamden, we'll drink the Bobcat Kool Aid together.

Comment

LETS GO Q!!!

Will be able to watch via internet till about 8:45, then probably done for the night... Will be fun watching the Schweiz and Mecca together for the first time this year!

Comment

Was able to watch most of the game tonight, Quinnipiac really impressed me.

This team reminds me of that 2005 team, only better. In 2005, the Bobcats never took a shift off, and even though they didn't have the talent to compete in the league, they still shocked by finishing 9th, I think it was, winning the first round series against RPI, and almost beating Colgate. This team has way more skill than that team had, and they have the opportunity to make waves if they continue to play with this amount of passion.

On the other side, Ted Donato is definitely not getting what he can out of his team, and I think it's his fault. Harvard played a very defensive game. I don't want to call it passive, but it was a defensive game much in the same style as Jacque Lemaire and Tom Renney. What he's doing is he's basically neutering his top players. LeBlanc is a 1st round draft pick, and Killorn is pretty good, too. But they're not able to really exploit their offensive talent because Donato isn't playing an offensive enough style.

That being said, great effort by Quinnipiac tonight, Clarke was obviously tremendous, the Eric Lampe show was fun to watch, (great job, Lamper!), and again, I'm very impressed by this team. Rand's right -- this team is buying in, and it's fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
              This team reminds me of that 2005 team, only better. In 2005, the Bobcats never took a shift off, and even though they didn't have the talent to compete in the league, they still shocked by finishing 9th, I think it was, winning the first round series against RPI, and almost beating Colgate. This team has way more skill than that team had, and they have the opportunity to make waves if they continue to play with this amount of passion.

That being said, great effort by Quinnipiac tonight, Clarke was obviously tremendous, the Eric Lampe show was fun to watch, (great job, Lamper!), and again, I'm very impressed by this team. Rand's right -- this team is buying in, and it's fun to watch.

We still have tomorrow to go, but if my theory is right, I think Q is figuring out their weak spots and it's going to be a tremendous season.
              I agree with ZYanks that this team strongly resembles the 2005 team. That team went severely underrated, if you look back at the scores, many of the games I lost came very late in the third period and they lost by only one goal. But it was an extremely hard working team and a good effort by all players. I definitely think this year's team has that and are beginning to buy in and utilize one another. There's still many more games to come, but I have a good feeling.

Lampe had a great game, he blasted through everybody all night. Great effort by Holt too! and Clarke, wow! I am impressed. Wonger and Mark have heard me say how I haven't been a big fan of clarke, but tonight I have to say that he did a nice job! And nice shot by Langlois on the open net.
              The game should have been 5-0 but i'll still take the win!
              I'll be late to tomorrow's game, but it'll be fun to see how tomorrow night goes!
              Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

That being said, great effort by Quinnipiac tonight
                A great TEAM effort by Quinnipiac tonight! They came out hard and skated a full 60 minutes. It was an awesome game! I can't believe the excitement this team has... you can actually feel it.

Clarke was stellar. Other than a rather fluke goal, he was on his game all night and again had some great help in front. Another strong showing from our PK, killing yet another 5-on-3.

Lampe was... Lampe! Hustle, grit, never-say-die attitude. I thought Dickinson had an tremendous game on D. The 4th line did just what they were supposed to do by grinding it out and taking time off the clock. Just a total team effort.

Another nice showing by the student section too! Loud and rowdy, they did a really nice job supporting the team (with the exception of the wave ).

Nice job, guys! Rest up and bring it back tomorrow for the Big Green.
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by starlessixisky View Post
                  I haven't been a big fan of clarke, but tonight I have to say that he did a nice job!
                  I think a lot of people have had their opinion of Clarke changed in the past 3 games. Last night he made some key saves when he needed to, even stoning that penalty shot! For most of the game, one more goal by Harvard could have been trouble.

So... does Rand stay with the hot hand or give one of the frosh a chance? I'll admit I don't know what to think.

As for tonight, I hope the guys can bring and maintain the same level of intensity against Dartmouth. Looking forward to another "complete" game!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    I think a lot of people have had their opinion of Clarke changed in the past 3 games. Last night he made some key saves when he needed to, even stoning that penalty shot! For most of the game, one more goal by Harvard could have been trouble.

So... does Rand stay with the hot hand or give one of the frosh a chance? I'll admit I don't know what to think.

As for tonight, I hope the guys can bring and maintain the same level of intensity against Dartmouth. Looking forward to another "complete" game!
                    For a while I was the strongest Clarke opposer, but I think you ride the hot hand and until he proves he's cooled off you have to keep him in net. He made some spectacular saves last night and in a game that seemed like it was a blowout even when it was 3-1, Clarke was the saving grace that caused it to feel that way.

I turned to MarkEagle half way through the game, I think close to the tick tack toe Lampe goal late, and said that they were skating phenomenally and that I didn't want to jinx em. But the fact of the matter is this team has the perfect blend of talented, possible All American senior leaders (Wong, Lamps etc), mixed with dependable sophs and juniors (Zurvy, Hansen, Yuri, etc) and possibly the best Freshman class the school has seen.

Now that is very lofty given some of the classes that have come through the school in recent memory. But take into account simply the number of them. Granted some will never be more than 4th line grinders, but even those guys performed their roles to perfection last night. When your talkin having the likes of Davis, Dalhuisen, Currie, Barron, Langlois, Rolheiser, Arnt, Oakes, Clay Harvey Oswald on top of the Freshman goalie depth we have, you can't help but be excited as a Bobcat fan. The present and current state of the team is cohesive and fun to watch and the future is bright with all the talent we will retain.

That being said, don't overlook a desperate Dartmouth team tonight.

Go Q!

Comment

QU put on a heck of a show last night, but I have to ask from those who may have been in attendance: did NESN neuter the crowd in the broadcast, or was it really that quiet? It certainly didn't appear to be a true sellout in the seats, and as much as I'd love to give Quinnipiac credit for generating an exciting hockey atmosphere, I just couldn't see (or hear) it in the crowd. I know this is an old topic - that of fan energy at QU - but I'm just looking for an honest opinion of last night's atmosphere as someone who only got to watch it on the tube.

Comment

but I'm just looking for an honest opinion of last night's atmosphere as someone who only got to watch it on the tube.
                        I thought the place was rockin' for the first 2 periods. The student section was holding their own. It did get quiet for some reason in the 3rd and a lot of people (not just students) left with over 5 minutes to go.

I noticed watching the game this morning that the cameras did seem to pick up every empty seat in the house. And the crowd did seem "calm" on the broadcast.
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        Northeast Regional:

Comment

QU put on a heck of a show last night, but I have to ask from those who may have been in attendance: did NESN neuter the crowd in the broadcast, or was it really that quiet? It certainly didn't appear to be a true sellout in the seats, and as much as I'd love to give Quinnipiac credit for generating an exciting hockey atmosphere, I just couldn't see (or hear) it in the crowd. I know this is an old topic - that of fan energy at QU - but I'm just looking for an honest opinion of last night's atmosphere as someone who only got to watch it on the tube.
                          I was watching on TV, myself. When the student section was chanting, it didn't seem loud on the broadcast, but I know what that sounds like in real life -- yes, TV didn't do a great job micing the crowd. Last year during the Yale game, they almost over-mic'ed the crowd which resulted in some audio spikes during the course of the game.

And while they did show a lot of empty seats, and for some reason QU tends to have quite a few no-shows, they do have a ton of people who watch the games from the SRO areas, which I'm sure you've seen. Remember the Yale games the last couple years? There were people standing 5 and 6 deep even though there were empty seats.

Comment

they do have a ton of people who watch the games from the SRO areas
                            I resemble that remark!

There were people standing all around the concourse. Not 5 or six deep, but it was full. As a matter of fact, I even commented to wonger about the number of SRO students! Even the QU cheerleaders were standing above the student section!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              I resemble that remark!

There were people standing all around the concourse. Not 5 or six deep, but it was full. As a matter of fact, I even commented to wonger about the number of SRO students! Even the QU cheerleaders were standing above the student section!
                              There definitely weren't 3300 people in there, but I'd be shocked if there were less than 28-2900... it was mostly full. But having 300 no-shows really isn't that big a deal. A place like Cornell never has those, but for some reason, we have quite a few no-shows every night.

Comment

There definitely weren't 3300 people in there, but I'd be shocked if there were less than 28-2900... it was mostly full. But having 300 no-shows really isn't that big a deal. A place like Cornell never has those, but for some reason, we have quite a few no-shows every night.
                                I have to believe that a ton of the standees are like myself and Mark who own seats but opt to stand leaving the seats empty. That wouldn't account for all the empties but definitely a good amount of them. Students were very loud when the game started, but the game took on a weird tone that even with it only being a 2 goal game, it seemed like QU was winning 8-0. I think this led to the place quieting down a bit. Either way, in comparison to the horrid student turnout last season, I thought it was a great hockey atmosphere last night. Any time you have students standing 4-5 deep, something is right at the Bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X