PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

LynahFan
11-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Congrats to the 'cats on a good win at Lynah. Cornell shot themselves in the foot with far too many offensive and neutral zone penalties all night. I don't think it really ended up being best-against-best, which is a real shame. I suspect Cornell will be hungry for one when they head to Camden in February - should be an even better game next time around!

allnightwong
11-22-2009, 08:13 AM
I mentioned this to Mark a couple games ago. This program just never seems to let down their fans. It seems that every year we put out a competitive, fun to watch hockey team. Just two years into the league we crash the party in Albany and are one period away from the NCAAs. We have achieved very high national rankings and continue to be thought of as an upper level league team. Even in a year when the pollsters are down on us (11th in the media poll), and it appears we may have our first Brown-like season the team comes roaring out of the gate and has IMO their best start in program history given the competition and the expectations. This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

Kudos to Jack, Rand and everybody else behind the scenes that continues to put out a top notch, world class program. Your fans appreciate it.

JimRoz
11-22-2009, 08:21 AM
This team just leaves me speechless. To go in to Colgate and Cornell and take four points, just cements their status as the best team in the ECAC. I am extremely excited to see just how high they climb tomorrow. Another big week ahead for the boys, with a hungry Princeton team Wednesday and the true test a showdown with UMASS Saturday.

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2009, 10:28 AM
when they head to Camden in FebruaryThat would be Hamden, but we'll excuse you since you're a Cornellian. :p

yalebulldogfan
11-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Congrats to Q on the awesome start. Arguably the two best teams from the ECAC come from New Haven (although I don't know if Yale is still one of the top teams after a weakish start).

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2009, 11:36 AM
This team just leaves me speechless.Me too! ;)

I only wish they work on that 3rd period "stagnation" they had this weekend. Maybe they're running out of gas; maybe some guys are getting close to "the wall"; maybe they're going to the prevent D too soon. Whatever it is, it needs to be addressed before it comes back to haunt us.

Other than that, they're doing everything right. Great D, agressive offense, good fore and back checking, and solid in net. Every line has produced and special teams play has gotten better with each game.

Watching last night it was obvious that everyone was hustling every shift (except for several minutes in the 3rd :o ). The funniest thing I saw all night was right before a faceoff, there was a shot of Heichman next to a Cornell guy... and he barely came to his shoulder. :eek: As the puck dropped, the 2 skated towards the boards and Spencer nailed him. I think it just illustrated the level of committment all the guys have showed so far. No one is afraid to step up and do their part.

ZYanksRule
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I mentioned this to Mark a couple games ago. This program just never seems to let down their fans. It seems that every year we put out a competitive, fun to watch hockey team. Just two years into the league we crash the party in Albany and are one period away from the NCAAs. We have achieved very high national rankings and continue to be thought of as an upper level league team. Even in a year when the pollsters are down on us (11th in the media poll), and it appears we may have our first Brown-like season the team comes roaring out of the gate and has IMO their best start in program history given the competition and the expectations. This school and program never fail to deliver to the fans. I didn't hesitate to renew my season tix this year but talked myself into not being to broken up if they did not perform like we've seen in the past. They obvious exceeded those expectations.

Kudos to Jack, Rand and everybody else behind the scenes that continues to put out a top notch, world class program. Your fans appreciate it.

There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season. We're hot right now, but we always start hot. I'm interested to see what happens to this team in January and February, which is when we usually nosedive.

We've been top of the conference (or near it) almost every year, if not every year, since we joined the league early on, only to fall back to earth late in the year.

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Congrats to Q on the awesome start.Thanks!

Arguably the two best teams from the ECAC come from New HavenThe best ECAC team is from Hamden! :p

Red Cloud
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
That's really impressive, you guys.

MarkEagleUSA
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
We've been top of the conference (or near it) almost every year, if not every year, since we joined the league early on, only to fall back to earth late in the year.That's true Z, but I'm telling you that there is definitely something different about this team. You really need to try and get to a game and see for yourself... it's something you can almost feel.

However, you are right about it still being early. The rematches with the last 6 league opponents are definitely going to be different from the first time around. But if they continue playing at the level they've shown, I like our chances against anyone. ;)

starlessixisky
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM
There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season. We're hot right now, but we always start hot. I'm interested to see what happens to this team in January and February, which is when we usually nosedive.

We've been top of the conference (or near it) almost every year, if not every year, since we joined the league early on, only to fall back to earth late in the year.

It's exactly what I was thinking last night. We can still easily throw away the season, but from what we've been able to accomplish so far, it's been very impressive!

I'm very excited to see how this keeps up!

We're by no means perfect, our third period definitely needs some work, but there's been great efforts made by all and we have a lot of talent to work with :)

allnightwong
11-22-2009, 12:22 PM

You're kinda missing what I was saying. It does not pertain directly to this season. I'm saying as a Bobcat fan and Hamden resident, the program as a whole has never let me down.

Red Cloud
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
There's still a loooong way to go, Wonger. 6 games into a 22 game conference season.

Don't be too hard on yourselves. Go .500 for the rest of the ECAC schedule at this point and you've still got a first-round bye.

ZYanksRule
11-22-2009, 12:47 PM
That's true Z, but I'm telling you that there is definitely something different about this team. You really need to try and get to a game and see for yourself... it's something you can almost feel.

However, you are right about it still being early. The rematches with the last 6 league opponents are definitely going to be different from the first time around. But if they continue playing at the level they've shown, I like our chances against anyone. ;)

It definitely feels different, just watching from afar. Trust me, I'm completely pumped about what's going on right now. But I'm not going to start jumping off padded walls until I see this team play this well in February.

ZYanksRule
11-22-2009, 12:49 PM
You're kinda missing what I was saying. It does not pertain directly to this season. I'm saying as a Bobcat fan and Hamden resident, the program as a whole has never let me down.

True that.... I've written basically the same thing on here before -- what this program has been able to accomplish in 4 short seasons has been completely remarkable, and is one of the quickest rises in college hockey history.

StayPuftMMcu
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Don't be too hard on yourselves. Go .500 for the rest of the ECAC schedule at this point and you've still got a first-round bye.

Definitely. Hell, you've got home ice in the first round if you just go 4-12.

Wholin1
11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Sheesh, what ever happened to rebuilding? I guess it must be a fast track project. :) Your boys are on fire.

allnightwong
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Sheesh, what ever happened to rebuilding? I guess it must be a fast track project. :) Your boys are on fire.

I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.

kdaddy
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Good start to the season for you guys. Good to see a new team atop the ECAC, too bad the schedule isn't stronger to let you get a big more respect (not slamming just noting it is hard when you play a shorter schedule with fewer out of conference games to be taken for real even when you have a great team).

Good luck the rest of the year.

Red Cloud
11-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I think it all goes back to the media ranking us 11th in the league. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year but no one, not even the almighty media, knew how talented our freshman were. Pecknold brought in 13 freshman and no one could have predicted how well they've meshed with our returning core.

My concern was the defense - I didn't expect there was going to be any. Whoops.