X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by redrocker View Post
    I don't understand your point here. Should the NCAA men's basketball poll be expanded from the top 25 to the top 65?
    Agreed. I feel as if you are diminishing the teams in the poll if nearly half of the field is included. If you go 25 deep in college hockey, you're going to be including teams that frankly are average at best. Could very well have teams with sub .500 records sitting at the bottom of the poll... then what does that say about the rest of the college hockey field below them?

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument here. While I think 25 is too many and 15 is too few, I would say 16 is the minimum, and 20 would be optimal (that's the top 1/3 of D1).

Don't forget that the polls are really only looking at a small period of time as we go further along in the season. A team that got off to a rocky start can certainly make some noise and possibly gain recognition in the polls later on. While they may not parallel the PWR, they do give a few teams bragging rights.

Then again, win everything and the polls don't matter, right?
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        I can see both sides of the argument here. While I think 25 is too many and 15 is too few, I would say 16 is the minimum, and 20 would be optimal (that's the top 1/3 of D1).

Don't forget that the polls are really only looking at a small period of time as we go further along in the season. A team that got off to a rocky start can certainly make some noise and possibly gain recognition in the polls later on. While they may not parallel the PWR, they do give a few teams bragging rights.

Then again, win everything and the polls don't matter, right?
        Agreed. Polls don't mean much of anything. Just keep winning. Post season is based on a formula, not how a group votes or does not vote.

Comment

Speaking of Mark's point on the PWR. I know it is early, but look who is in at #5 http://www.uscho.com/blogs/bracketol...cketology.html

Obviously it is early, but still a nice thing to see to get the team that "recognition" for their strong early season play.

Comment

^Book now for great rates in Fort Wayne!

Comment

I think it should be 20. There's 58 teams, you're ranking the top third. Think about it. The Bobcats are ranked 18th, and look how excited we are. But we're still middle of the pack at 18. But it's good for morale, its good for the fans, its good for ticket sales, its good for business.

25 is probably too much for hockey, but I think 20's a pretty equitable number.

Comment

With around 25 hours til puck drop I'm surprised at the lack of talk concerning the games.

I'll let the others who've been to all the games do the indepth analysis (I'll be glad to offer blanket generalizations after I return from the weekend) but I think we'll split. Not sure which but I just have that feeling.

I think 6/8 pts from the homestand isn't that bad. If you gave me three points from the weekend tonight I think I'd take it.

Fri: Clarke
                Sat: Hartzell

Take it away guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                  With around 25 hours til puck drop I'm surprised at the lack of talk concerning the games.
                  Ok, I'll bite...

Harvard scares me simply because they lost 2 last weekend that they had won. Of course they're on the road so I'll take the home ice advantage (will the students be there to help?). With solid D, strength in net, and some offensive punch, I think we can beat the Crimson 4-3.

I really can't say I know much about Dartmouth yet. They're 0-3 so they too will be hungry for a win. We seem to always play them well at the Bank so I'll go with a 3-1 Bobcats win.

Fri: Clarke
                  Sat: Hartzell
                  I'll agree as long as Hartzell is healthy (I believe he was sick last weekend). Then again, Rand might just stay with Clarke if he remains hot. There's just too many variables to this whole goalie situation...
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Knowing my luck QU will lay an egg on Saturday against Dartmouth. I haven't seen QU win a game in person since they beat St Lawrence on a snowy day in Albany 2 and a half years ago... and I've been to a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                      Knowing my luck QU will lay an egg on Saturday against Dartmouth. I haven't seen QU win a game in person since they beat St Lawrence on a snowy day in Albany 2 and a half years ago... and I've been to a couple.
                      That was a good day... Especially for me, after surviving a hellish trip up the Thruway that included a spin-out!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                        excited for my first game of the season tomorrow night!

i think we'll split the weekend with a loss to Harvard and a win against Dartmouth, hoping for a sweep though.

Based on what i have read so far this season, i would guess that Clarke starts tomorrow, who knows about Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                          That was a good day... Especially for me, after surviving a hellish trip up the Thruway that included a spin-out!

Well, with dwyer who drove you in a pick up truck i think youre still luck to be alive.
                          QU Bobcats

Comment

Originally posted by devils6685 View Post
                            Well, with dwyer who drove you in a pick up truck i think youre still luck to be alive.
                            Haha, no kidding.

Comment

Hey all, I have to say I'm a little suprised Sullivan has us taking both so easily this weekend but its definitely doable. Email from thre ticket office states that few student tix remain which should mean the place will be rockin.

Predictions

QU 3, Harvard 2
                              QU 6, Dartmouth 2

Let's keep this train movin. Go Q!

Comment

You're right^. Went w/ a friend to the box office this morning (good to be back) and she was unable to grab an extra student ticket for her friend.

Man. That writer just took a flying leap onto the "Hey. Everyone thought QU would be bad, but it turns out they're not!" bandwagon. There are still a laundry list of question marks throughout the team. Surprised he's writing off two talented teams seemingly so easily.

Would anybody be against Rand having any web sites w/ College Hockey commentary blocked from all our players computers? I really hope they arent reading it but it seems to happen each year.

Comment

Working...
                                X