PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MarkEagleUSA
09-29-2009, 06:02 PM
INCH has Mathieu Cadieux ranked 8th in their top-10 incoming goaltenders (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/Features/0910/recruitsgoal_0801.htm) list! :cool:

Quinn57
09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Hope Cadieux works out better than the last person from QU to make that list. Pretty sure there's not much of a campaign to retire Zach Kleiman's No. 35 sweater.

MarkEagleUSA
09-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Pretty sure there's not much of a campaign to retire Zach Kleiman's No. 35 sweater.Didn't Kleiman have to get by Holden and then Fisher? Cadieux doesn't have anywhere near that level of competition except for Eric Hartzell who I'm told is as good as Matt.

Also, doesn't Rand usually like to rotate guys in net when given the opportunity?

Quinn57
09-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Nope. He was behind Fisher but only lasted one season in 2006-07 before presumably moving on to St. Scholastica, a Canadian school.

Should be interesting to see who gets the bulk of the time. I can't see how rotating three goalies is a good idea. Guess I could see splitting time if two guys look good in training camp and exhibitions.

MarkEagleUSA
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I can't see how rotating three goalies is a good idea. Guess I could see splitting time if two guys look good in training camp and exhibitions.Three, no... but Rand has rotated two before. Back in 07-08 Fisher and Vetri were getting about equal time until Vetri left the team. Last year started with Bud and Pisellini rotating, then Pisellini basically won the job until he left (oh, what could have been).

I like our chances with the 2 new kids. At least I don't think we can be any worse off than we've been the past couple of seasons.

Is it Sunday yet?!?

NEWESTBOBCATFAN
09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Bobcats made some cuts today. I am waiting to hear how many and who. I was told two cuts. Not sure, has anybody heard anything?

MarkEagleUSA
09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Not sure, has anybody heard anything?Haven't heard anything... but I am beginning to wonder why there's no roster listing available anywhere. It was on the website a month or so ago but then disappeared. I noticed the women's team doesn't have a roster listing either. :mad:

Kitten at QU
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
The idea of roster not being posted when the Women start Saturday and the men exhibition on Sunday if somewhat frightening. Are there more injuries that we need to worry about?

Also, anyone who didn't go to the BBQ get their seasons in the mail yet? I want for Saturday and mine aren't here yet. :confused:

allnightwong
09-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, mine still haven't come. Not freaking out yet tho. Give it a day or two then call.

starlessixisky
09-30-2009, 11:30 PM
tryouts are tomorrow and friday for the men, so perhaps they're waiting to publish the roster for that?

thermopylae78
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I just purchased my tickets for the UMASS-Amherst and Yale games (Section 112, front row for each)! I hope we have a good season. It will be fun.

MarkEagleUSA
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, mine still haven't come. Not freaking out yet tho. Give it a day or two then call.I'd give Eric a call and at least make alternate arrangements if you don't get them by Saturday.

Yeah, I know it's only an exhibition game, but it's still a game! :p

MarkEagleUSA
10-01-2009, 12:34 PM
tryouts are tomorrow and friday for the men, so perhaps they're waiting to publish the roster for that?Maybe, but they've always had a roster posted early the past few seasons. :(

NEWESTBOBCATFAN
10-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Maybe, but they've always had a roster posted early the past few seasons. :(

I was told the roster is not available because they were being forced to drop some players due to legalities. QU ratio of women to men were not being met in their sports teams. So the men had to be reduced to match the schools ratio.:confused:

Kitten at QU
10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I was told the roster is not available because they were being forced to drop some players due to legalities. QU ratio of women to men were not being met in their sports teams. So the men had to be reduced to match the schools ratio.:confused:

As a female athlete (Although not at QU).... this is getting to kind of silly. The volleyball team won their suit... good for them. But seriously.... QU has been dropping sports left and right to try to make the Title 9 guidelines, and we don't even have a football team to eat up funding and player numbers. Is one or two hockey players really going to make a difference? Make softball and soccer add one more to their roster instead. Numbers still even out.

allnightwong
10-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I have not got my tickets either. Just spoke to Mat, they had a mix up, and my tickets have not been sent out yet.:mad:

Just got off the phone with a nice young lady at the ticket office. For any season ticket holders she said not to freak out. We can pick up our tix at the box office on Sunday or anytime. They didn't want to risk sending them out late and then having people not get them on time. So they still have em and we can grab them on Sunday. Glad that's cleared up. I was beginning to worry, I have a mailman who always threatens to steal my tickets; thought he mightve went through with it.

Happy NHL Opening Night!

MinniQUFan
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
It will be nice to have reliable goalies this year no matter whose between the pipes. ;)

MarkEagleUSA
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
They didn't want to risk sending them out late and then having people not get them on time.That's a good thing, but did they notify anyone? An email or something posted on the website might have prevented some panic. ;)

Happy NHL Opening Night!Go 'Hawks... :confused:

MarkEagleUSA
10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
It will be nice to have reliable goalies this year I've been wondering when we'd hear from you! ;)

From what I've been told, you ought to be impressed this year. I know letting go of Bud has been hard for you, but these newcomers should help you get over the hurdle! :p

starlessixisky
10-01-2009, 10:48 PM
As a female athlete (Although not at QU).... this is getting to kind of silly. The volleyball team won their suit... good for them. But seriously.... QU has been dropping sports left and right to try to make the Title 9 guidelines, and we don't even have a football team to eat up funding and player numbers. Is one or two hockey players really going to make a difference? Make softball and soccer add one more to their roster instead. Numbers still even out.

The suit actually has not been settled yet. The decision was made not to cut volleyball until a judge makes the final ruling.

I'm not quite sure the reason for the cuts, although the team did take on thirteen freshmen to replace I think it was seven seniors. So the team is very well stocked with young blood as it is, and hockey doesn't have the most scholarships to go around.
That's just my two cents.