X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
    Well now that that's cleared up

Mr. Brian Sullivan has us rather easily handling North Country this weekend (5-2 over CU tonight and 4-2 over SLU manana). I can't say that I feel that comfortable with them coming in but nonetheless I like the high powered Bobcat offense and hopefully a stalwart presence in net.

FRI: Q 4, Clark Griswold 3
    SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0

See ya tonight Bobcat faithful. Any Clarkson or SLU loyals heading to Hamden?
    Bobcats will have their hands full with both teams. Two points would be a successful weekend imo...they might get none.

Comment

FRI: Q 4, Clark Griswold 3
      SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0
      I'm not sure we can blank the Saints. I do think we can win both games if we play our game (plus, we owe the Saints for last March!).

Tonight: 4-2 Bobcats
      Tomorrow: 5-3 Bobcats

Go Q!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

way to go Q! great way to start conference play
        I missed the first period but from what i saw in the second and third period, the bobcats can go far this season if we manage to stay healthy and keep up the intensity. (i know, i know, it's a loooong ways to go, but let's think positively!)
        i'm sorry, but clarke does nothing for me. i will give him credit for playing at the D1 level, but some of the plays that he screws up are absolutely unbelievable sometimes! being rated as number 2 player of the night by CT orthopedic association was too much I think. No way he deserved it tonight.
        Great defense by the Q even with no #2. Our defense is really what saved the game I feel. Great save by Currie in the third. Clarke better be thanking him tonight.
        And of course, amazing job by mooks! A hat trick was great start to the conference play - two short handers none the less! can't wait to see what the rest of the season will bring for him

let's keep it up bobcats!

st. lawrence tomorrow night! and boy do we owe them for March
        Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

What did you guys at the game think of the play? From the sounds of it from the QU announcers, Clarkson played at least even with the Cats, if not on the scoreboard. Just wondering because we couldn't see the game and our radio feed didn't work either.

Nice win for the Cats, good luck until you get to Cheel later in the season.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
          12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Quinny15
            dang mark good call on tonights score. haha
            Thanks. I'll buy some lotto tickets in the morning!

Great win tonight! The Mookie show was worth the price of admission!

They had a few lapses, especially early in the 2nd, but skated hard when they needed to. Clarke wasn't stellar in net, but he didn't stink it up either. He also had a lot of help in front when he had trouble with the rebounds.

Overall it was a good effort by the team and a great way to start ECAC play.

I also want to give kudos to the student section. It was (almost) full, loud, and rowdy! I mentioned to wonger that it might have been the best student turnout for a non-Yale game since the Bank opened. I thought they did a great job supporting the team. I hope it's a sign of what the rest of the season will be.

Well done, Q!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              Clarkson played at least even with the Cats, if not on the scoreboard.
              At least even. At times, the Knights outplayed us for entire shifts, and they never let up.

Thanks. Good luck the rest of the way (except for February 13th).
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

It was a great game and crowd tonight!

Clarkson and Atkinson were amazing at the end and we held on for two points:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/Vie...CLID=204829007

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                  What did you guys at the game think of the play? From the sounds of it from the QU announcers, Clarkson played at least even with the Cats, if not on the scoreboard. Just wondering because we couldn't see the game and our radio feed didn't work either.

I missed the first period and a half (stupid commute)... but from what I saw it was played pretty even. Clarkson had the tieing goal waved off because of a quick whistle which certainly changed the flow of the rest of the game.

Clarke was okay... there were a few rebounds/saves where he looked lost as to where the puck went. But he was helped out tremendously by some amazing defensive plays, especially late in the game.

Once again this game displayed the Major size disadvantage we have in the league. But we were able to keep the pace fast enough to offset it some. It certainly doesn't bode too well for when we go up against the big AND fast teams.
                  Quinnipiac University 2002-2006
                  The Northford years

Comment

On a side note.... I have two extra for this afternoon if someone needs them. Let me know... I"ll be checking on here a couple times later when I'm bored in class.
                    The Northford years

Comment

The first 5 minutes belonged to Clarkson. Clarke made two game saving saves to keep us in. The team picked it up after that and played even the rest of the way. The difference last night was Atkinson wow! what a player. The D saved Clarke the rest of the way, he did not play well after the first 5 minutes. I have to agree with some, I think its a confidence problem. Go Bobcats!! win another today...

Comment

Didn't get to watch the game, but I listened to it through the QU audio feed -- your play-by-play guy is pretty good, but that color guy sounds like he took a few too many pucks to the head.

Sounded like a very back-and-forth game, and I believe that having Bryan Rufenach at the point for the PP probably prevents one of those SHGs from happening - from what I understand, when Atkinson got his shorties, we were running a 5 forward 2nd unit. I also really don't understand coach's decision to start LaVeau -- he is a very capable backup, but Karpowich is a much better goaltender. Karpo was also coming off two big wins, one of which was a one-goal outing against SLU, where he played great. Why break that momentum?

The quick whistle hurt a lot, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it since Clarkson for the year is like 2-for-11 in goal / no-goal referee decisions. That's just the way it goes for us, and we expect it.

Either way, congrats Q, you found a way to win (or Atkinson did), and that's what counts.

Comment

Originally posted by StayPuftMMcu View Post
                          Didn't get to watch the game, but I listened to it through the QU audio feed -- your play-by-play guy is pretty good, but that color guy sounds like he took a few too many pucks to the head.
                          HAHAHA Kotsy does have a way about him doesn't he?

Sorry for the late post about last night's game but you guys have pretty much summed it all up. I'm still a little sore about yet another Blackhawks shootout loss. Shootouts suck BTW.

Anyway about the game, Atkinson was great, Defense in front of Clarke was great, Clarke was average and should buy all his defensemen a steak, we have to stop taking offensive zone stupid penalties-- it didn't hurt us last night but it can in the future.

Awesome student turnout. They were loud and boisterous, inappropriate and fun. I fear what the arena would've sounded like if it was just the public and the Clarkson band.

Clarkson traveled well and with the exception of the band at times were rather inoffensive. Kudos to those who made the trek.

It will be interesting to see who's in net for Q today. I'd personally love to see Hartzell. But at this point I'll take whoever as long as the D plays equally as solid as they did last night.

See yall soon.

Go Q!

Comment

Awesome student turnout. They were loud and boisterous, inappropriate and fun.
                            I know I said pretty much the same thing, but this deserves repeating. The student turnout last night was fantastic. I also think it was a big factor on the ice as well. I don't care what anyone says, but the team feeds off the energy from the crowd, especially the students. Good job!

It will be interesting to see who's in net for Q today. I'd personally love to see Hartzell. But at this point I'll take whoever as long as the D plays equally as solid as they did last night.
                            Agreed about the D. My guess is we'll see Hartzell, but at this point I really don't know what Rand will do.

Go Q!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Back to back days with Clarke in between the pipes. An intreating display of confidence.
                              The Northford years

Comment

penalties, penalties, penalties. i guess this is a good way to work on our pp and pk.
                                GO Quinnipiac

Comment

Working...
                                X