PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats 09-10: Clawing our way to Albany

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

MarkEagleUSA
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I like the Cadieux-Hartzell rotation, then you have Clarke on the side if someone goes down or bites it or you just need to switch it up.To be fair, we really haven't seen enough of any of them. Of course, we do have last year to hold against Clarke! :p

The idea of Clarke being the starter against a larger, stronger, faster Harvard team frightens me.Me too. I'm betting Rand breaks the cycle and goes with Hartzell against Harvard.

Then again, we do have to get through THIS weekend first! :eek:

vicb
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Then again, we do have to get through THIS weekend first! :eek:

Yes you do. Fear The North Country LGT ;) .

QUBobcats70
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes you do. Fear The North Country LGT ;) .

This year? Yes

MarkEagleUSA
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Line up for tomorrow night just posted.Is this available to the public or do you have an (obviously) inside track?

Clarke is starting in goal. Obviously Rand does not agree with the fans.Or he could be thinking the best way to snap Clarke out of his funk is to keep his feet to the fire.

allnightwong
11-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

allnightwong
11-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Aside from my disagreement with Rand starting Clarke, does anyone else think it's a bad idea for NEWESTBOBCATFAN to be posting the day before the game which goalie would be in net. It wouldn't take much for a Clarkson player or coach to look on here and adjust their game play. Maybe we should leave it up to surprise for us and the opposition. When goalies have different styles it could drastically change the way an opponent approaches the game. Not a good idea.

Quinn57
11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
NBF is probably going to get in trouble on his own but come on. I don't see Clarkson preparing that much differently for Dan Clarke than any of the other two. They haven't seen Hartzell or Cadieux and prob just have a standard scouting report on Clarke.

Either way if they're relying on a USCHO post for scouting I feel a lot better about our chances.

MarkEagleUSA
11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
does anyone else think it's a bad ideaI understand what you're saying and even asked myself that same question. I guess it really depends on when the lineup has to be officially announced... if the oppostion already has it then there's no harm posting it. I've read in other teams threads that the lineups have been posted several hours to a full day ahead of time.

MarkEagleUSA
11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Either way if they're relying on a USCHO post for scouting I feel a lot better about our chances.Me too! :p

allnightwong
11-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I have to stand by the idea that posting your starting netminder the day before the game is not a good idea. Maybe a team will scour the college hockey sites to get some sort of edge. Use surprise and don't show your hand because if Rand was following any sort of trend Clarke would not be scheduled to start at all this weekend, therefore may not have even been reviewed by an opponent.

Whatever, just think sharing inside information is stupid. I'll be the first to admit I like finding out inside info but not when it could cost the team in preperation.

MarkEagleUSA
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Use surprise and don't show your hand because if Rand was following any sort of trend Clarke would not be scheduled to start at all this weekend, therefore may not have even been reviewed by an opponent.Excellent point, and one I hadn't considered.

I'll be the first to admit I like finding out inside info but not when it could cost the team in preperation.I also agree with you on this point. Then again, I also agree with Quinn57 that any team worth their salt isn't using USCHO for their scouting report.

What does all this mean? McGann starts in net tomorrow!!! :eek: :D

starlessixisky
11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Insider info is always welcomed, but you need to be smart about it! (ie. don't post the lineup if it's not public knowledge yet a few days before a game) :) And make sure never to reveal sources either ;)

KenSweeten
11-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Any individuals associated with the team should NOT be posting information regarding the team that is not public knowledge. Not only is this a violation of a player's privacy, it goes against every rule associated with a TEAM. People at this school work too hard to help the team and respect player's confindentiality for people to attempt to make a name for themselves by posting on a fan forum.

Quinny15
11-05-2009, 11:39 PM
i totally agree with you ken

allnightwong
11-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Well now that that's cleared up :eek:

Mr. Brian Sullivan has us rather easily handling North Country this weekend (5-2 over CU tonight and 4-2 over SLU manana). I can't say that I feel that comfortable with them coming in but nonetheless I like the high powered Bobcat offense and hopefully a stalwart presence in net.

FRI: Q 4, Clark Griswold 3
SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0

See ya tonight Bobcat faithful. Any Clarkson or SLU loyals heading to Hamden?

Back check
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Well now that that's cleared up :eek:

Mr. Brian Sullivan has us rather easily handling North Country this weekend (5-2 over CU tonight and 4-2 over SLU manana). I can't say that I feel that comfortable with them coming in but nonetheless I like the high powered Bobcat offense and hopefully a stalwart presence in net.

SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0

See ya tonight Bobcat faithful. Any Clarkson or SLU loyals heading to Hamden?

Bobcats will have their hands full with both teams. Two points would be a successful weekend imo...they might get none.

MarkEagleUSA
11-06-2009, 04:54 PM
SAT: Q 3, St. Larry 0I'm not sure we can blank the Saints. I do think we can win both games if we play our game (plus, we owe the Saints for last March!).

Tonight: 4-2 Bobcats
Tomorrow: 5-3 Bobcats

Go Q! :cool:

starlessixisky
11-06-2009, 10:03 PM
way to go Q! great way to start conference play
I missed the first period but from what i saw in the second and third period, the bobcats can go far this season if we manage to stay healthy and keep up the intensity. (i know, i know, it's a loooong ways to go, but let's think positively!)
i'm sorry, but clarke does nothing for me. i will give him credit for playing at the D1 level, but some of the plays that he screws up are absolutely unbelievable sometimes! being rated as number 2 player of the night by CT orthopedic association was too much I think. No way he deserved it tonight.
Great defense by the Q even with no #2. Our defense is really what saved the game I feel. Great save by Currie in the third. Clarke better be thanking him tonight.
And of course, amazing job by mooks! A hat trick was great start to the conference play - two short handers none the less! can't wait to see what the rest of the season will bring for him :)

let's keep it up bobcats!

st. lawrence tomorrow night! and boy do we owe them for March ;)

FireKnight
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
What did you guys at the game think of the play? From the sounds of it from the QU announcers, Clarkson played at least even with the Cats, if not on the scoreboard. Just wondering because we couldn't see the game and our radio feed didn't work either.

Nice win for the Cats, good luck until you get to Cheel later in the season. :D

MarkEagleUSA
11-06-2009, 10:08 PM
dang mark good call on tonights score. hahaThanks. I'll buy some lotto tickets in the morning!

Great win tonight! The Mookie show was worth the price of admission!

They had a few lapses, especially early in the 2nd, but skated hard when they needed to. Clarke wasn't stellar in net, but he didn't stink it up either. He also had a lot of help in front when he had trouble with the rebounds.

Overall it was a good effort by the team and a great way to start ECAC play.

I also want to give kudos to the student section. It was (almost) full, loud, and rowdy! I mentioned to wonger that it might have been the best student turnout for a non-Yale game since the Bank opened. I thought they did a great job supporting the team. I hope it's a sign of what the rest of the season will be. :cool:

Well done, Q! ;)