X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2009-2010 Miami Season Thread

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
    Berschbach signed his NLI this year, he committed last year. Unless something has changed you don't sign your NLI until the year you attend the university. Thats how it was when I went through the process and signed one, but the NLI's are given to those who are attending the next school year. Which is why they have a national signing day, so those 5 who signed should be here in the fall unless they opt out and go somewhere else. Which is why Murphy and Cook didn't sign until this year when they committed two years ago. The class stands at 6 right now for the fall, so there is a numbers problem.
    http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...111508aaa.html
    November 15,2008.
    OXFORD, Ohio - The Miami ice hockey "Brotherhood" has added five new members as five junior hockey players signed national letters of intent to attend Miami University.

Shane Berschbach is a member of the Indiana Ice of the United States Hockey League (USHL). Berschbach is a 5-foot-8-inch native of Clawson, Mich. In 12 games this season with the Ice, Berschbach has 11 points (3-8-11) and four penalty minutes.

"He is a small forward, very savvy with the puck," head coach Enrico Blasi said. "He has play making ability and will add speed and skill to our forward group."

Comment

Jimmy Mullen- what can you say about this kid, at every level he tears it up. Currently leading the best prep team in the country with 52 pts. 24 g and 28 a. Really looking forward to watching him in oxford in the fall.
      Mullin is NOT coming this fall. Will play a year in Fargo. Will be there 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        Good find, then he didn't sign his NLI and they held him back. Which is why they brought it Mantha and Mason to fill roster spots. As of right now the five mentioned are to be assumed to have signed them. However with what you just showed and thinking about what has happened previously, I would think it would be safe to assume that One of those 5 announced in december aren't coming and the new signee is taking their place. Could be mullin or wideman, only two that I would consider holding back a year for more experience. Joe may have contact with the family and knows something so he could be right, but from who I have talked to that hasn't been the case yet.
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Just leave Nic Dowd alone would ya?
          Seriously, that's a ton of guys from one team.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            We've already got the top 3 scorers, we'll let ya keep him .

Maybe get Antti Roppo (Finland) to go with the Steve Mason (Netherlands)? A little European flair.

Comment

Chris Blashill has forsaken his alma mater for his former employer!!
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                Chris Blashill has forsaken his alma mater for his former employer!!
                You mean Jeff Blashill??
                Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

There is a reason behind it. Coach blashill runs a very similar system to Miami which is why if they can Miami tries to place their guys in Indy so they can get a head start on Miami's system and chemistry with other incoming freshmen. Which in part is why it was beneficial for Miami that Coach blash went the junior route. In a sense he still is a life line for them without being affiliated.

Comment

You mean Jeff Blashill??
                    Him too!
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      Him too!
                      hahaha, no knock on chris heard he was a great guy....

Comment

So, guys, came across this stat and found it phenominal.

Under Coach Blasi Miami is 13-0-1 when leading after the second period this year. Which would bring career record at Miami when leading after the second period to a whopping 170-11-15 ! pretty amazing stat there if you ask me.

Comment

So, guys, came across this stat and found it phenominal.

Under Coach Blasi Miami is 13-0-1 when leading after the second period this year. Which would bring career record at Miami when leading after the second period to a whopping 170-11-15 ! pretty amazing stat there if you ask me.
                          That is a ridiculous stat, on the flip side, we used to be god awful when down after two, we're finally able to rally at the end though when down.

Comment

Good win tonight after a long ride home from UAF this past weekend. Nice to see us not play down to competition too, which we have been prone to do on occasion. Gill had some amazing saves, which was expected. Reilly and C Mac both with beautiful moves that got him out of the net and they both hit the post.

And whatever happened to the CCHA initiative on the obstruction calls? They tried to emphasize that a couple years ago, but tonight was all clutch and grab by the Broncos with no whistles. Ah well, still a win, hopefully come home with another tomorrow.

FSU lost again, since our series with them we have been the beneficiary of a 26 point swing; we have gained 14 of 15 points, they've lost 12 of 15. We've got a nice 11 point cushion on them though.

Comment

I'm glad i wasnt the only one that saw the blatant holding calls (especially in the first). I was afraid it was just sour grapes. i was disappointed in the turnovers in the defensive zone. Still like the win ... and Cody was very clutch. he had some big stops from point blank range.
                              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Tomorrows game is live on FSN Detroit at 5... And guess what? Its also shown at 11PM on FSN Ohio.

As far as I can remember, thats the first college game Ohio has shown, I guess they finally realized we have a decent club in our own state.

Comment

Working...
                                X